Little, Ferguson cut.

Apparently, this means Shaq Lawson can't even start practicing with the team until week seven. So much for him making a meaningful contribution before the second half of the season, right?.

Did you just learn this? He hasn't been expected back until the second half of the season for some time now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just never heard of depth at OC and OG is all.

You are right, it would be easier but they often refer to it as OG for offensive guard as opposed to nose guard NG. Or tackles as DT & OT.

The GATORADE part got me. 😁

If he meant Center, isn't it C? And if he meant guard, aren't they defined by LG or RG?

Did you just learn this? He hasn't been expected back until the second half of the season for some time now.

I'm pretty sure when the surgery was announced they said he would miss the first 4-6 games, which is different from the entire first half of the season.

Just never heard of depth at OC and OG is all.

You are right, it would be easier but they often refer to it as OG for offensive guard as opposed to nose guard NG. Or tackles as DT & OT.

The GATORADE part got me.

If he meant Center, isn't it C? And if he meant guard, aren't they defined by LG or RG?

I mean I'm laughing also but there might be something more serious to the joke. What if the reason these "mysterious injuries" happen cuz the gatorade guy is putting something in them? Hmmmmmmmm

Also, i never DID trust that little person on the medical staff. He can EASILY be sneaky and conspire against the team.

Little had a reputation in Cleveland as having unreliable hands. In 2012, when the Bills beat the Browns in Cleveland, the Browns fans were on his case during the postgame show about the plays he didn't make. They made it sound like it was a common occurence. The two we saw vs. the Washington NFL team were on a quick slant on third down which was much the same as a TO and the other on a post that looked to have serious RAC potential.

Drops in a loss are usually a big deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-latest-moves-for-all-32-teams-as-they-trim-to-75/

Players cut to reach 75: LS Reid Ferguson, LB David Hawthorne, OL Robert Kugler, WR Greg Little, TE Jimmay Mundine, LB Eric Striker, DL Alameda Ta'Amu, QB Austin Trainor, DT Justin Zimmer, CB Jonathan Dowling, TE Chris Gragg, OT Justin Renfrow

Should have kept Ferguson for another week and let him snap for Gay week 4 of preseason.

Edited by Koolaid

Little had a reputation in Cleveland as having unreliable hands. In 2012, when the Bills beat the Browns in Cleveland, the Browns fans were on his case during the postgame show about the plays he didn't make. They made it sound like it was a common occurence. The two we saw vs. the Washington NFL team were on a quick slant on third down which was much the same as a TO and the other on a post that looked to have serious RAC potential.

Drops in a loss are usually a big deal.

Drops are overrated. You gotta get open in order to drop a pass. Kind of like the pre-stats revolution in baseball thinking, where people focused on fielding percentage, ignoring the balls that a shortstop never even got to. With Gragg out - the only other apparent NFL-ready bigger receiver - I probably would've kept Little. Not that I'd have been thrilled by that prospect. It's all relative to what else they've got ...

Drops are overrated. You gotta get open in order to drop a pass. Kind of like the pre-stats revolution in baseball thinking, where people focused on fielding percentage, ignoring the balls that a shortstop never even got to. With Gragg out - the only other apparent NFL-ready bigger receiver - I probably would've kept Little. Not that I'd have been thrilled by that prospect. It's all relative to what else they've got ...

He had balls hit him in the hands without a defender contesting and dropped the ball. It's not about balls that he can't get to, just that it ended up as an E-6 on his end when he did.

Edited by The Wiz

He had balls hit him in the hands without a defender contesting and dropped the ball. It's not about balls that he can't get to, just that it ended up as an E-6 on his end when he did.

Hey, don't get me wrong -- there's a reason the lowly Browns dumped him. I'm just thinking Walt Powell is unlikely to see the end zone this year, which is kind of worse still than dropping half the balls that drop into your hands in the end zone.

Hey, don't get me wrong -- there's a reason the lowly Browns dumped him. I'm just thinking Walt Powell is unlikely to see the end zone this year, which is kind of worse still than dropping half the balls that drop into your hands in the end zone.

Between Little and Powell, I'll take the hands over the end zone. Either one wouldn't likely see the field much but would prefer a guy that can move the sticks if needed over a guy that has frying pans for hands.

Edited by The Wiz

Pretty much. But he should be able to contribute quickly once he is back. He can still be in meetings and film sessions and on the sidelines during practice so he'll have the mental part down and his conditioning shouldn't be an issue, so he'll just be lacking live game reps.

If he's as talented as we all hope, it shouldn't take more than a game to knock that rust off.

For some reason, I thought he would at least be practicing much sooner than that.

A player on the PUP once the regular season starts may not practice until after week 6. Even if Lawson is ready to return by that point (and that's not a given) he will have had a total of zero NFL practices under his belt, he will not be anywhere close to game shape and he will have had no opportunity to gel with his unit. It's going to take time for him to be able to contribute.

A player on the PUP once the regular season starts may not practice until after week 6. Even if Lawson is ready to return by that point (and that's not a given) he will have had a total of zero NFL practices under his belt, he will not be anywhere close to game shape and he will have had no opportunity to gel with his unit. It's going to take time for him to be able to contribute.

Then he should be working on getting in game shape with a private trainer as players do for combine as soon as he is able to.

He will likely be sitting up in the booth with some defensive coach or down on the field with the LB coach learning stuff on every single play. He's out there now getting taught. I will bet he is active on game day within the first week or at most two.