Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Honestly, this whole thing is really pathetic. I know everyone wants to find some purpose to give their lives meaning, but if the best thing you can come up with is to rail against racism, sexism, and homophobia in 21st century western culture, your purpose is pretty weak.

So says the white guy wearing the wife beater.

Wait a sec... How'd it come to be 21st century Western culture? Oops, yep... Railing against racism, sexism, and homophobia.

Can't have one without the others.

NFL-Protests.jpeg?resize=580%2C361

awe, loss of viewers. like monuments, flags, groups, etc. society is so easily offended these days...so !@#$ing soft.

learn to ignore the protests and just do what you came to do or turned the tube on to do, watch the !@#$ing game. otherwise, if it offends that much, don't watch.

the games will go on regardless and I'll be watching.

So says the white guy wearing the wife beater.

Wait a sec... How'd it come to be 21st century Western culture? Oops, yep... Railing against racism, sexism, and homophobia.

Can't have one without the others.

It's fine to want to improve aspects of society, but living in the most egalitarian culture in the history of the world while carrying on with histrionics as though we're living under a racial caste system is a little silly.

Their union president is an a$$. You don't have the same rights at work that you have on the street.

Wtf are you talking about?

Donald Trump has done more in one day than you'll ever do.

He has achieved success. He has left the basement of a house more than 3 times, at the least. He has balls.

You do not.

You refuse to even reply to me. It's fun. I can anything I want.

26 contributed more to this board with his first post than you have with your 32,000. You are an ignorant moron.

Wtf are you talking about? .

The comments earlier in the thread from Shady, and the NFL union president DeMaurice Smith. That's wtf im talking about. Smith seems to think that you have the same rights at work as you do anywhere else. He's wrong and an a$$hat. Trump was spot on in his comments. The league needs to look at these things when wondering why their ratings are down. Officiating is terrible and the protests are annoying and a huge turn off.

Trump purposely made that divisive comment and it certainly wasn't an off-the-cuff statement.

It was a political move that plays to his base and to be honest with you probably plays well with others as well. People by and large are not supportive of professional athletes not standing for the Anthem. They believe that this country afforded them the opportunity that they have and they are disrespecting the country and for those that fought for it.

With that said, I completely disagree with what Trump said, it was divisive and ignores the sentiment of our first amendment rights.

However this is not a fight that the NFL wants to have. They will lose this battle. They are already in a ratings decline, there is clear evidence through a propendrance of polling data that shows that Kap and others are part of the reason of the decline and the NFL taking a stand potentially could and most likely inflame part of his base which would hurt ratings even more so.

I understand that the NFL was put into a difficult position by Trump because they felt the need to protect their product but nothing good will come out of this.