Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Anyone post this yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ray-lewis-colin-kaepernicks-girlfriend-cost-job-baltimore-130747089.html

Kaepernick is pretty much unemployable at this point so long as he continues to not be very good, and his girlfriend keeps insulting and belittling people trying to get him a job.

Calling Ray Lewis a slave to the Ravens organization? FFS, that is a potential employer you are talking to, you twat.

Whoops!

http://youtu.be/SRbjGGqQqFU

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I agree with all of that. Jim Brown is a very smart and interesting guy, although anyone could take issue with some of the things he has done and said. I always liked Jim Brown. I was not in favor of what Kaepernick did. I understand it, I just don't think he should have done it.

In general, however, people's know-nothing-about him's reaction to it showed more about them than him. He's a very interesting and smart, thinking guy, too. And again, I was against what he did from the start and still am.

Plus...he's a mediocre quarterback. He's not even the best read-option QB to be out of the league.

People forget that: he's just not that good.

You say this, but I'm not so sure.

We both know right and wrong, I'm assuming. Your rationalizing is just that. Your friend, I'm afraid, is wrong.

Whether or not I'd choose to defend such a person, especially when they attacked something so close to my heart, such as you with racism and black folks, is immaterial. The choice would still be wrong, indubitably.

And for you to have such a self-righteous attitude about how much you've done for race relations, with such an ugly mark under your belt, is a tough look. The phrase for someone who talks a big game, but chooses letting overt racism slide because it might cause some temporary discomfort is probably a "self-righteous blowhard." You're projecting.

I can say that I'd hope me, and my children wouldn't make the decision you made. Because I'd hope we were better people than that. That we took our principles more seriously than that. And that we knew a wrong decision with a "yeah, but...." is still wrong.

Hey, I'm the only one here out of a couple dozen posts who has admitted he is openly prejudiced and not always fair to people. None of you other self-righteous blowhard hypocrits who are preaching about what you would and wouldn't do are willing to.

Plus...he's a mediocre quarterback. He's not even the best read-option QB to be out of the league.

People forget that: he's just not that good.

He's not. But most backups in the league totally suck. He just usually sucks.

I also totally understand why an owner would not want to bring this on his team and town, and locker room, and the upside would not outweigh the downside. If he was better, he would be signed. But he IS better than a lot of guys that have deals. That is also true.

I also would question if his head is completely in the game. If it's not, then that is another reason not to sign him. it's possible to do both but I don't know for sure that he is into that at this point.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I also totally understand why an owner would not want to bring this on his team and town, and locker room, and the upside would not outweigh the downside. If he was better, he would be signed. But he IS better than a lot of guys that have deals. That is also true.

I also would question if his head is completely in the game. If it's not, then that is another reason not to sign him. it's possible to do both but I don't know for sure that he is into that at this point.

And that's the thing people don't seem to get. Sure he's probably better than most backups...but would you, as an owner, GM, or coach, want to take on the inevitable circus for a second string QB that everyone vocally insists "would be starting if he wasn't black?"

I've actually read a few pieces about how "The Bills signed Joe Webb! This proves the league is conspiring to keep Kaepernick out of football!" Yeah...who the !@#$ is signing Kaepernick to be a fourth string quarterback??? Get back to me when Taylor, Peterman, and Yates are all on IR, and Webb is starting, and if Kaepernick's not signed by the Bills then, then maybe you have a point.

How much of Kaepernick's stupidity is due to his girlfriend?

Some I would imagine. Maybe a lot. But he had been discussing doing what he did last year the previous year with the beat writer for the 49ers. The writer said he brought it up all the time, in 2015, and spent a long time thinking about it and talking with people from all kinds of places before he even kneeled for the first time. It was not at all a sudden thing.

I wish more politicians would be more honest like this one...

The chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party rebuked Kimberley Paige Barnette, who has since apologized for her remarks.
"VOTE FOR ME!" Barnette, 53, wrote on her Facebook page, the Charlotte Observer reported.
"REPUBLICAN & SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL."

Hey, I'm the only one here out of a couple dozen posts who has admitted he is openly prejudiced and not always fair to people. None of you other self-righteous blowhard hypocrits who are preaching about what you would and wouldn't do are willing to.

It has nothing to do with preaching. Just knowing the difference being right and wrong.

Let's hope all the black kids who you've affected positively don't attempt to get jobs from racists with friends who make excuses and cover for them.

Would kinda diminish your impact, no?

I saw the police explanation of the Bennett thing over in the closed thread and got a good laugh out of this line:

One thing that McMahill did note is that the officer accused of threatening Bennett either didn't have a body camera, or he had it and it wasn't on. McMahill also noted that he didn't believe this was a case of racial profiling because the two officers who handcuffed Bennett were both male Hispanics.

I like the implication there that racial profiling is something that only a white person could do. It's right up there with the mentality that since it happened to a black man it has to be racial profiling.

We'll see.

@SInow

Roger Goodell on Colin Kaepernick: Still convinced he'll get an opportunity when the right one comes along

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/07/roger-goodell-colin-kaepernick-signing-free-agency

Unless and until he shows that he's more focused on football than he is on human rights, I'd be utterly shocked to see him get an NFL job.

Coaches want guys that are football-focused. For better or worse, Kaepernick isn't.

Awww ****!

@Vanessa_Murphy

#BREAKING: letter from union for @LVMPD officers to @nflcommish requesting investigation into Michael Bennett @mosesbread72 @LVPPA @8NewsNow

DJI1_mLVoAANn9e.jpg
DJI1_mQUwAA0eG9.jpg

Sure. Goodell is such an effective and responsible administrator with an impeccable record as an investigator and disciplinarian, I'm sure he will get straight to the bottom of this. With the NFLPA's unqualified blessing, of course.

This ****'s gonna have nuts in it! This'll be awesome!

Sure. Goodell is such an effective and responsible administrator with an impeccable record as an investigator and disciplinarian, I'm sure he will get straight to the bottom of this. With the NFLPA's unqualified blessing, of course.

This ****'s gonna have nuts in it! This'll be awesome!

I love how he points out that the two officers who grabbed Bennett were minorities.

Really looking forward to how this gets played out.