Preseason Game 3: Bills at Washington - 8/26 at 7:30 PM

HOW TO WATCH BILLS VS. REDSKINS

ty-action-washington-story.jpg

Details on how to watch Buffalo’s third preseason game at Washington on Friday, August 26th.

@SalSports

Several players on roster bubble headed into Bills preseason game 3. Here are 4 of most intriguing squarely on it: http://www.wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-Friday-s-game-very-important-for-these-fo/22854431

@BuffRumblings

A precautionary examination before the #Bills play the #Redskins on Friday.

https://t.co/RoLReTXSyM

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no good memories of playing at fed ex field. Can't wait until this one is over tbh.

I have a great memory...'99 season. Drove up from NC with a buddy and scored club level seats "on the cheap" moments before the game. Flutie led a Bills rout.

WATCH: TRAINING CAMP STANDOUTS (3:24)

In this edition of Bills Focus, we take a look back at which young veterans stood out during training camp at St. John Fisher College in Rochester.

SCOUTING REPORT - BUFFALO-WASHINGTON

scouting-report-8-26-story.jpg

The Bills will see some starters make their first appearance this preseason on Friday.

CAPACCIO: Friday's game very important for these four bubble players

The only one of those players I see even being a bill when the dust clears is Dez Lewis....and he is prob back to the practice squad

I honestly would like to see Annen make this team

Personally, I enjoyed a 94 getting 14.5 sacks but that's just me.

First preseason game I will be able to watch start to finish so that's cool. Prediction: win = playoffs, lose = season over. This game is that important.

Personally, I like a player contributing to an overall defensive effort by the team instead of collecting individual stats, but that's just me

Personally, I like a player contributing to an overall defensive effort by the team instead of collecting individual stats, but that's just me

You mean like collecting of stats in 2014 to the tune of the #4 defense in the entire NFL?

I love having hard working underachievers but talent still wins in this league. Our #94 now can give 100% enough but will never come close to having the ability to change a game like Mario could.

That said, I really, really hope that Rex is able to improve this defense because it was depressing watching a major strength become a weakness. And I do think for preseason, Washington is a good test.

You mean like collecting of stats in 2014 to the tune of the #4 defense in the entire NFL?

I love having hard working underachievers but talent still wins in this league. Our #94 now can give 100% enough but will never come close to having the ability to change a game like Mario could.

That said, I really, really hope that Rex is able to improve this defense because it was depressing watching a major strength become a weakness. And I do think for preseason, Washington is a good test.

Please start an I Love Mario Williams and miss him terribly thread. He's gone! :doh:

Please start an I Love Mario Williams and miss him terribly thread. He's gone! :doh:

Haha. At least we still have Rex!!! On to Washington. Their running game is awful but they have a really nice collection of Wrs. Great test for the secondary.

FYI, I'm still not sold on Cousins. I predict he will put up big numbers this year but will be a turnover machine.

Which he did only twice in his Buffalo career.

Haha. At least we still have Rex!!! On to Washington. Their running game is awful but they have a really nice collection of Wrs. Great test for the secondary.

FYI, I'm still not sold on Cousins. I predict he will put up big numbers this year but will be a turnover machine.

A healthy Matt Jones is a good back

Which he did only twice in his Buffalo career.

His stretch in Buffalo was the 2nd best DE play in Bills' history. But DE is a very easy position to fill as we have seen this offseason. Now, I'm done.

A healthy Matt Jones is a good back

Is he? Because I didn't see it. I was never overly impressed with him in college. He only averaged 3.4 ypc on a good passing team, has trouble hanging onto the ball, & struggles to stay healthy. Not a big fan of his and Cousins is going to have to throw a lot this season.

Honestly, they might be a team where Fat, Stoned Karlos ends up.

3rd pre season game used to be the one where you saw the starters play longer. Tyrod played 4 series last week, so I don't expect to see him much beyond the first quarter. Hopefully Sammy is used sparingly as I'm nervous about the injury bug going around. I'd like to see the defense play a little more this week. Most of the guys would have been backups except for the rash of injuries. I saw my first game with Cardale Jones at QB and my expectations were low, but I was impressed.

Injury free or minor scrapes is my best hope for this game. I'd like to see another good defensive performance as I think the offense will be fine this year. Win and on to Detroit for the preseason finale!

3rd pre season game used to be the one where you saw the starters play longer. Tyrod played 4 series last week, so I don't expect to see him much beyond the first quarter. Hopefully Sammy is used sparingly as I'm nervous about the injury bug going around. I'd like to see the defense play a little more this week. Most of the guys would have been backups except for the rash of injuries. I saw my first game with Cardale Jones at QB and my expectations were low, but I was impressed.

Injury free or minor scrapes is my best hope for this game. I'd like to see another good defensive performance as I think the offense will be fine this year. Win and on to Detroit for the preseason finale!

Tyrod will play into the 3rd quarter according to the head coach.