Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you talking about the Milk Carton Mike Williams? The one who disappeared from the stat sheet after Week 4 in 2014? Notice the similarity of the complaints about the change in offense that year?

Yes, that really backs your argument.

My point was pretty clear. The offense didn't suffer from not having EJ's big arm, as you tried to claim. The passing game improved in 2014--even with Orton's noodle arm.. Plenty of guys were catching passes--even Milk Carton Mike.

The one WR who disappeared (before yet another injury sidelined him) from the stat sheet, despite appearing in 10 games? Goodwin.

This isn't as hard as you are trying to make it.

My point was pretty clear. The offense didn't suffer from not having EJ's big arm, as you tried to claim. The passing game improved in 2014--even with Orton's noodle arm.. Plenty of guys were catching passes--even Milk Carton Mike.

The one WR who disappeared (before yet another injury sidelined him) from the stat sheet, despite appearing in 10 games? Goodwin.

This isn't as hard as you are trying to make it.

Now you're moving the goal posts. The topic isn't or has never been which offense was more effective. The topic is, did the change in the QB result in different players getting the ball more and others getting the ball less after the QB change. I have no clue why you insist on using Mike Williams as the example, as he caught only one pass after the QB change. ONE.

becaise we've already seen his body of work and it isn't good. He either sucks in real games or gets injured. So we have a roster spot for someone that isn't worth a roster spot when someone else could contribute, or at least get some experience.

Look, I'm with everyone in that I HOPE, he does well. But I have serious doubts that will ever happen. For the record, I hope in eating crow and apologizing to everyone here about my crusade the last few years. I really do.

The F you are .

:beer:

that changes my opinion of TT now. He's an idiot. Just like all of you

We love you too. :rolleyes:

Great. So WHEN he goes down in week 3, who'll be our number 3 WR?

next man up. just like usual.

This is a classic thread. it really is.

If the Coaches like Goodwin they are stupid, If we fans like Goodwin we are stupid.

There is a term in the Psychiatric field to define this behavior....

everyone else is wrong to have any positive feelings for Goodwin or the Coaches, or the Bills or any form of disagreement with the posters opinion.

What was that called again.....?

what can I say. I call it like I see it.

I have no question of that my friend. and btw i really do like your posts, even though i disagree at times

what can I say. I call it like I see it.

The you tube reference is well done.

I think we should consider everyone an idiot and work backwards to find someone with any intelligence. anyone at all that can meet those metrics

Now you're moving the goal posts. The topic isn't or has never been which offense was more effective. The topic is, did the change in the QB result in different players getting the ball more and others getting the ball less after the QB change. I have no clue why you insist on using Mike Williams as the example, as he caught only one pass after the QB change. ONE.

Another poster said everyone on the offense dropped off in its second year under Marrone. This has been proven false.

You claimed that some seismic changed occurred after Orton took over for EJ. Yet it didn't matter who was QB, Goodwin only got 9 looks all season and caught a single ball, so it had nothing to do with the QBs arm strength (what a bizarre claim anyway).

I was being some what facetious with throwing in Williams. My point was that many different receivers were targeted before Goodwin, no matte the QB.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Another poster said everyone on the offense dropped off in its second year under Marrone. This has been proven false.

You claimed that some seismic changed occurred after Orton took over for EJ. Yet it didn't matter who was QB, Goodwin only got 9 looks all season and caught a single ball, so it had nothing to do with the QBs arm strength (what a bizarre claim anyway).

I was being some what facetious with throwing in Williams. My point was that many different receivers were targeted before Goodwin, no matte the QB.

He had multiple injuries in 2014 and missed 6 games (coming out earlier in others because he was hurt). It was a lost year for him because of injuries, which happens in the NFL (especially when Manuel throws it behind you and gets you killed). His one catch was arguably one of the two or three most important ones of the season, getting the Bills back into a game they had no business winning (against Detroit).

I for one am not willing to write off an entire career because of injuries in his first couple of seasons. That happens to a lot of players, and some get through it. The talent is there -- that's obvious to anyone who watches.

Could happen to anyone.

Of course it keeps happening to him, so... :death:

Yea his season ending injury last year was ok because it could happen to anyone. Or maybe he's just injury prone *gasp* Edited by kdiggz

Yea his season ending injury last year was ok because it could happen to anyone. Or maybe he's just injury prone *gasp*

he's played 24 games in 3 seasons. Last year was a big chunk of that but even still, he's a track star trying to play wr in the nfl. The guy in my opinion still can't track a ball in the air.

It has? I mean, it may depend upon how you look at it, so perhaps you're right, I'm just interested in what evidence you have for its falsity (players who were there both Marrone years, or overall metrics). Thanks!