Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thrown too early? That's a new one! It's a go route. He couldn't go fast enough.

The second one was put in the back corner of the EZ. He was not incredibly fast on that play. Go back and watch it.

His path was being intersected by a deep safety so getting deeper wasn't the issue.

Tyrod threw the ball closer to the sideline to throw him open but Goodwin was late getting his head around.

It's possible he was looking at the safety and thought the help was going to prevent the Tyrod from coming his way but he's gotta' be more aware than that.

Thrown too early? That's a new one! It's a go route. He couldn't go fast enough.

The second one was put in the back corner of the EZ. He was not incredibly fast on that play. Go back and watch it.

You've never heard of a pass being thrown early? How is that a "new one"? Not saying it definitively was. That one may be all on Goodwin.

I don't think I'm the one that needs to watch the play again. It's one thing to say you think the guy's not a good player. But you keep reiterating how he's actually not fast now either? Ugh..

Goodwin would have a chance of making the training camp Hall of Fame. Unfortunately he's not very capable of making plays on a real football field. Even if he had a body naturally durable enough to withstand the rigors of the NFL.

I would have to agree. He just can`t take a hit or take the nfl rigors. It will probably be over again soon.

I`m done . He`s not worth talking about. Like our new cb from usc or the williams kid rb. Wow our we loaded at rb.

Just kidding Buffaloed

His path was being intersected by a deep safety so getting deeper wasn't the issue.

Tyrod threw the ball closer to the sideline to throw him open but Goodwin was late getting his head around.

It's possible he was looking at the safety and thought the help was going to prevent the Tyrod from coming his way but he's gotta' be more aware than that.

he did not get his head turned soon enough. Tyrod tried to help him out of the coverage

good post

If you don't know that he's made plays in real NFL games in his career that's on you not me. Research is your friend.

the guys got 20 catches and 3tds in 3 years. The research speaks for itself.

All you Goodwin supporters are just starting to look ridiculous.

When a player is hurt he doesn't accumulate stats. So poor stats is a reflection of not playing due to injuries rather than poor play.

There is too much emphasis being placed on both sides of the spectrum, either being good or bad. There is also a middle ground where the often injured player can turn out to be a useful player who serves an important role of spreading out the defense because of his speed.

Not every player making the roster is going to be an impact player. That doesn't mean that Goodwin can't be a productive player if used judiciously. Is Goodwin a full time receiver? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that he can't be a solid contributor.

When a player is hurt he doesn't accumulate stats. So poor stats is a reflection of not playing due to injuries rather than poor play.

There is too much emphasis being placed on both sides of the spectrum, either being good or bad. There is also a middle ground where the often injured player can turn out to be a useful player who serves an important role of spreading out the defense because of his speed.

Not every player making the roster is going to be an impact player. That doesn't mean that Goodwin can't be a productive player if used judiciously. Is Goodwin a full time receiver? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that he can't be a solid contributor.

Well reasoned post. :thumbsup:

You've never heard of a pass being thrown early? How is that a "new one"? Not saying it definitively was. That one may be all on Goodwin.

I don't think I'm the one that needs to watch the play again. It's one thing to say you think the guy's not a good player. But you keep reiterating how he's actually not fast now either? Ugh..

No, he's fast. Ran a 4.28 40 or something like that. But he couldn't get under a well thrown deep ball--and that's the only reason he's on the team.

i can't stress enough how the research speaks ask for itself. Either he's too injured to accumulate stats, in which he's a waste of a roster spot because he can't stay healthy. Or he's just plain bad and can't accumulate stats, in which case he's a waste of a roster spot. Either way, he's not worth a roster spot.

But in reality he's played in half of the games possible for his career. In 24 games he hasn't been able to get more than 20 catches and 3 touchdowns. It's absolutely pathetic.

Honestly, so are the excuses that are being made for him.

Amen.....yet somehow some fans think he's some potential elite deep threat. Looks like some TJ Graham stats. Not seeing the development.

Amen.....yet somehow some fans think he's some potential elite deep threat. Looks like some TJ Graham stats. Not seeing the development.

what's even more hilarious is that TJ Graham is statistically better. And these se people tear Graham apart.

Every Goodwin thread needs this in it...

i thought for sure in his leap into the stands on his missed pass the first game would have injured him. Very surprised he didn't come out with some kind of injury there.

My second thought was... If you really want to leap into the stands so bad just score a TD, it means a whole lot more.

i can't stress enough how the research speaks ask for itself. Either he's too injured to accumulate stats, in which he's a waste of a roster spot because he can't stay healthy. Or he's just plain bad and can't accumulate stats, in which case he's a waste of a roster spot. Either way, he's not worth a roster spot.

But in reality he's played in half of the games possible for his career. In 24 games he hasn't been able to get more than 20 catches and 3 touchdowns. It's absolutely pathetic.

Honestly, so are the excuses that are being made for him.

Goodwin is in camp competing for a roster spot. If he makes the roster it will be because he will have earned it as opposed to winning a roster spot because he is favored by anyone. What's wrong with that? Are you worried that your preconceived position on him won't be upheld?

On the Goodwin issue we are not talking about a primary receiver on the team. We are addressing the back end of the receiving corps. As with most positions not already entrenched with designated starters entering camp the players compete for roster spots. So far Goodwin is playing well and solidifying his spot on the roster. Why anyone would object to that is perplexing?

Goodwin is in camp competing for a roster spot. If he makes the roster it will be because he will have earned it as opposed to winning a roster spot because he is favored by anyone. What's wrong with that? Are you worried that your preconceived position on him won't be upheld?

On the Goodwin issue we are not talking about a primary receiver on the team. We are addressing the back end of the receiving corps. As with most positions not already entrenched with designated starters entering camp the players compete for roster spots. So far Goodwin is playing well and solidifying his spot on the roster. Why anyone would object to that is perplexing?

becaise we've already seen his body of work and it isn't good. He either sucks in real games or gets injured. So we have a roster spot for someone that isn't worth a roster spot when someone else could contribute, or at least get some experience.

Look, I'm with everyone in that I HOPE, he does well. But I have serious doubts that will ever happen. For the record, I hope in eating crow and apologizing to everyone here about my crusade the last few years. I really do.