Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

His past performance has zero impact on this season's 53. He'll either make it or not based upon the merits of his performance in this camp and preseason.

No one is thinking of it on the staff? No one is going to compare his performance to any other, down the list WR in camp with no history of frequent injury? If another guy steps up and plays as well as Goodwin, his previous performance, such as it was, will have "zero impact" on their decision making, you say?

Not sure that is believable.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how many years do you spend a roster spot on him hoping that he figures out how to stay off the injury report from a few touches per game.

A fast car that's always in the shop is nothing more than eye candy. Give me a slow old Anquan Bolden who gets open, catches the ball and is usually active on Sunday

Have you ever driven a Ferrari?

It is probably the coolest thing ever, But the cost of maintenance is absurd. So you do not daily drive it. Only on Sunday when it is not raining

and we might have a couple Boldins on the Bills already. I do get your point but does Anquon demand a safety over the top ?

If Goodwin goes injured you just bring up a PS guy.

Because Antonio Brown plays games and catches a lot of balls. When Goodwin is healthy and playing in games, he does not catch a lot of balls.

Other than that, I can't tell them apart..

But really--look back at 2014. The guy did play. He didn't catch more than 1 ball. How is he open all the time? When has he ever been, without question, the 3rd best WR on this team?

How many targets?

Weo you are correct in a manner.

It is a decision the staff needs make. Risk reward thing.

We have been arguing more than one feature about Bills and Goodwin.

But the kid can play football.

Him becoming injured is more likely than not if history is telling the story.

I choose to let him play this year. I also am thinking i better have enough depth AND the ability to change up some scheme when Goodwin or Sammy or Woods gets injured. Sometimes ya gotta just trust the Coaches Weo.

Not easy as bills fan, I know. we all know.

No one is thinking of it on the staff? No one is going to compare his performance to any other, down the list WR in camp with no history of frequent injury? If another guy steps up and plays as well as Goodwin, his previous performance, such as it was, will have "zero impact" on their decision making, you say?

So let's see.

You laugh off the other guys that Goodwin is competing against, yet you also don't think that Goodwin deserves a spot on the final roster.

But no, you don't revel in strawman arguments.

Not at all.

Ever.

It is probably the coolest thing ever, But the cost of maintenance is absurd. So you do not daily drive it. Only on Sunday when it is not raining

and we might have a couple Boldins on the Bills already. I do get your point but does Anquon demand a safety over the top ?

How many targets?

I choose to let him play this year. I also am thinking i better have enough depth AND the ability to change up some scheme when Goodwin or Sammy or Woods gets injured. Sometimes ya gotta just trust the Coaches Weo.

Goodwin was never a Ferrari though. Maybe an Acura NSX..

9 targets. 1 catch. And a fumble.

"Trust the coaches"? Now that's a whole other 5-10 threads right there!

So let's see.

You laugh off the other guys that Goodwin is competing against, yet you also don't think that Goodwin deserves a spot on the final roster.

But no, you don't revel in strawman arguments.

Not at all.

Ever.

Laugh off? Who am I laughing off? I asked another simple question.

Your answer is unresponsive. You instead argue against something I didn't claim. What do they call that again?

Laugh off? Who am I laughing off? I asked another simple question.

Your answer is unresponsive. You instead argue against something I didn't claim. What do they call that again?

That's all you do.

Ask simple questions.

nothing more

nothing less

Goodwin was never a Ferrari though. Maybe an Acura NSX..

9 targets. 1 catch. And a fumble.

"Trust the coaches"? Now that's a whole other 5-10 threads right there!

nice. the NSX.

and thats a whole other thread too !

That's all you do.

Ask simple questions.

nothing more

nothing less

Simple, yes...yet some can't answer, which is a form of answering.

nice. the NSX.

and thats a whole other thread too !

The REAL one--not that crappy re-boot!

It's a nice car.

But there are no reports that anyone else is playing as well as Goodwin. If there were, you might have something.

How is he open all the time? When has he ever been, without question, the 3rd best WR on this team?

I never argued he's open all the time. Just that he's more than "a track guy", he's a football player. He's got more ability and skill than you're giving him credit for, he's a legit NFL WR when he's not on IR, but don't mistake that as me saying he's a pro-bowler in waiting.

Though for any of this to matter he has to stay healthy. Let's hope he does. :beer:

How many targets?

I guarentee the safety worries more about what bolden is doing than a guy on IR. And anyhow I've heard for eons how these speed guys take the top off of the defense, but the top offenses don't seem to even have these guys.

I never argued he's open all the time. Just that he's more than "a track guy", he's a football player. He's got more ability and skill than you're giving him credit for, he's a legit NFL WR when he's not on IR, but don't mistake that as me saying he's a pro-bowler in waiting.

Though for any of this to matter he has to stay healthy. Let's hope he does. :beer:

I'm just saying that we simply haven't seen enough of him to conclude he's as good as you say. He really missed 2015 and he was ignored in 2014 when he did play.

Let's hope he does.

Are you insinuating that Bills' beat reporters are liars to push a Goodwin agenda? Astro, too?

Wow you are all over the place. I'm sure he's having a great camp. They said the same things in 2013. It's almost (almost) meaningless however. This kid struggles to suit up for half a season. No one has hit him yet.

Wow you are all over the place. I'm sure he's having a great camp. They said the same things in 2013. It's almost (almost) meaningless however. This kid struggles to suit up for half a season. No one has hit him yet.

I'm trying to figure out why people are hating on the kid who's having the best camp in years and can really help the offense this year.

Btw, he had a decent rookie 2013 and it's still a mystery why Marrone mothballed him when he was healthy in 2014.