Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goodwin has exceptional speed and looks the part at WR, but his puny body just can't seem to stand up to the NFL pounding.

I have high hopes for Goodwin, but I remain very skeptical that he can remain healthy for even 8 games. No matter his talent, if he can't stay healthy for the majority of the season then he can't help us.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08/10/day-10-bills-training-camp-observations-frustrations-boil-sloppy-practice/

Goodwin, Powell fare well: During one-on-one drills between wide receivers and cornerbacks, Marquise Goodwin and Walt Powell performed well. Goodwin got open deep on his route, but the throw was too long. He went on to beat Jonathan Dowling off the line on his next two routes, easily getting behind him for long completions. Powell, meanwhile, sent cornerback Ronald Darby to the ground on the first play of the drill, then later beat Sammy Seamster deep twice.

is that a pic of Glass icing his entire body prior to the season so that he reduces some of the swelling before it actually happens?

LOL! That's how someone here captioned the pic, "It's like a giant ice pack."

GO BILLS!!!

I said this the day he was drafted, and throughout his time here: He's not a track star trying to play football...hes a football player who also excels in track. This kid can flat out play, he runs good routes and has good hands with the ability to torch anyone at any moment.

However: While early in his career I said its too soon to label him injury prone, he has gone on to really be just that...injury prone and struggled to stay on the field. Doesnt matter if you are the most talented player in the league, it means nothing if you don't stay on the field.

So for me, his impressive camp doesn't surprise me one bit, he always impressed in camp when he wasn't hurt. The kid can play. But everyones jokes and comments referencing his lack of durability are not only valid, but a real concern.

All that being said, its not unheard of for him to beat this injury bug, its been done numerous times in the past. I remember when Fred Taylor was the poster child of injuries early in his career, however, around this point in his career he got past all that and went on to stay relatively healthy the bulk of what was a great career. So lets all just hope he can put those injury concerns behind him and be a real weapon for this team.

What excites me most and remembering what a difference our offense looked like with a healthy Harvin last year. Goodwin can be every bit as good, if not better than a healthy Harvin IMO as long as he doesn't do the other Harvin impression which is get hurt.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08/10/day-10-bills-training-camp-observations-frustrations-boil-sloppy-practice/

Goodwin, Powell fare well: During one-on-one drills between wide receivers and cornerbacks, Marquise Goodwin and Walt Powell performed well. Goodwin got open deep on his route, but the throw was too long. He went on to beat Jonathan Dowling off the line on his next two routes, easily getting behind him for long completions. Powell, meanwhile, sent cornerback Ronald Darby to the ground on the first play of the drill, then later beat Sammy Seamster deep twice.

Jonathan Dowling and...Sammy Seamster?

When did this turn into a Tyrod thread?

At least the Bills found a solution to EJ's injury prone tendency..

Jonathan Dowling and...Sammy Seamster?

At least the Bills found a solution to EJ's injury prone tendency..

Despite your cynicism, Goodwin has shown that he can beat NFL caliber CBs in his career. The issue with him, as everyone knows, is an inability to stay healthy.

Despite your cynicism, Goodwin has shown that he can beat NFL caliber CBs in his career. The issue with him, as everyone knows, is an inability to stay healthy.

Every WR has beaten an "NFL caliber CB in his career", so what?

He missed almost all of last year. The year before that he appeared in 10 games and had a single catch (out of 9 targets).

EASLEY might be a better WR than this guy.

Every WR has beaten an "NFL caliber CB in his career", so what?

He missed almost all of last year. The year before that he appeared in 10 games and had a single catch (out of 9 targets).

EASLEY might be a better WR than this guy.

Thanks for making the lack of durability point for me. :thumbsup: That is the real issue with him and always has been.