Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

5'9" and made of popsicle sticks.... I got nothing against Goodwin, but he HAD his time here, and for whatever reason didn't produce... Color me ready to turn the page.

But it's not like Bills have a bunch of Megatrons in camp this year. If he keeps up his play, he's got a spot on the team, because nobody else can do what he can do.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put it this way.... If Goodwin is still on this roster come September, I KNOW this team isn't serious about making the playoffs. -What's the definition of insanity again?

And your speed WR would be ...?

Put it this way.... If Goodwin is still on this roster come September, I KNOW this team isn't serious about making the playoffs. -What's the definition of insanity again?

Its a little more complicated then that

Goodwin represents the super speed receiver that matches Tyrod Taylors deep ball arm.

I was hoping Kolbe was the replacement to that....but he has not been healthy yet

Somebody who can stay healthy, and catch more than 20 balls in three years.

That's a nice wish list. And who fills that role in the current lineup, or who else will be available Sept 10?

Goodwin looks like a football player, not a track star, to me when he's on the field. But, then he's not there, so it doesn't matter what I thought. I'm hoping it was freaky stuff and it's behind us...

Its a little more complicated then that

Goodwin represents the super speed receiver that matches Tyrod Taylors deep ball arm.

I was hoping Kolbe was the replacement to that....but he has not been healthy yet

Goodwin represents our high hopes being dashed against the reality of a playoffless future.... How about this... WE DON'T NEED A "super-speed guy" - Whatever that means... And assuming there were such a creature, wouldn't it have to PLAY at some point to defend it's namesake?

Sammy's plenty fast isn't he? I get it... Some of you like the guy... He's fast.... I've said before, I have nothing against Goodwin... It just seems to me, that a healthier, bigger, target with a frame capable of an ocaisional run-block makes more sense... Thus far Goodwins promise of speed has had ZERO impact on this team's bottom line.

Goodwin represents our high hopes being dashed against the reality of a playoffless future.... How about this... WE DON'T NEED A "super-speed guy" - Whatever that means... And assuming there were such a creature, wouldn't it have to PLAY at some point to defend it's namesake?

Sammy's plenty fast isn't he? I get it... Some of you like the guy... He's fast.... I've said before, I have nothing against Goodwin... It just seems to me, that a healthier, bigger, target with a frame capable of an ocaisional run-block makes more sense... Thus far Goodwins promise of speed has had ZERO impact on this team's bottom line.

Do you have an extra one of these lying around we can use? I'd bet Whaley is open to options.

Do you have an extra one of these lying around we can use? I'd bet Whaley is open to options.

Hey, I'm not gonna do Whaley's job for him... I personally like what I see from Greg Little... That's the direction I'd be looking in... Still, If the guy I described isn't on our roster, then somebody needs to go find him... It's called vision... It's far more reliable than luck when it comes to team building.

Edited by #34fan

Hey, I'm not gonna do Whaley's job for him... I personally like what I see from Greg Little... That's the direction I'd be looking in... Still, If the guy I described isn't on our roster, then somebody needs to go find him... It's called vision... It's far more reliable than luck when it comes to team building.

Hey, I'm all into better options! I hope we pick the right guys and it turns out better than expected.

I dont know about that Triple....if he had Steve Smith's toughness nobody would be complaining about him

No no, I meant when he was a rookie and going through camp and pre-season he just looked like he had that same mean streak in him - but since then he's been a disaster. I had hopes he'd be that type of player is all I was saying.

The state of being metally ill.

Not that quote falsly attributed to Albert Einstein.

But it's not like Bills have a bunch of Megatrons in camp this year. If he keeps up his play, he's got a spot on the team, because nobody else can do what he can do.

What, -get hurt an be out for a year? Whole lotta guys can do that.

And your speed WR would be ...?

That's just it... I don't know if I care for this type of packaging when it comes to building a Roster... We won 9 games in 2014 with Kyle Orton, and ZERO contribution from Goodwin! -Who was our speed guy then? I say we get this D up to expectations, Find some reliable help for whoever's under center, and worry about drafting Emmanuel Sanders NEXT year... Simply put, I no longer see a place here for Marquise Goodwin.

He's a lot more talented than many give him credit for. Hope the guy can stay healthy this year.

I disagree with this. I think most if not all of us acknowledge he has a huge amount of talent. Most if not all also acknowledge that the chances of him staying healthy for a football season, this one, last one, next one appear to be ridiculously remote and therefore not worthy of a roster spot. Me, I cut him and find someone else. With all due respect to him, experience shows he can't justify the roster spot. Hope he proves me wrong though and appreciate his efforts for Team USA. To be fair though, I am one of those that have questioned him for the dual purpose considering he hasn't been good at football and is getting paid by the Bills.

When he can take a tackle without breaking a rib, I'll get excited

take a tackle without br along a rib?

Don't you mean... Get out of the bathroom without a stubbed toe sidelining him the entire season?

Haha, seriously tho, I hate on Goodwin and think he's a waste of a roster spot. But if he is going to be here, I truly hoping he gets it all together. I just have extreme doubts

I've always been a Goodwin fan. Blazing speed, good blocker, and he's got a bit of swagger to him. He's had some bad luck with injuries but I'm not surprised he's showing well so far. Guy's got talent.

Good blocker? Where the hell do you come up with that?