Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a three year body of work, that suggests he's not durable, and is inconsistent in catching the ball. I would think we have better options on the team, but I don't hate the guy, or think he's the worst player on the team.

I'm still intrigued by Dez Lewis and what he can do for the team this year.

you can stop it. Your average DB in the NFL is good enough to cover Glass. He's just not nearly as good as you are giving him credit for.

If he was any better he would have more than an average of 8 receptions, 115 yards and 1 TD a year over his career.

I don't want to hear about "if he could just stay healthy". That's an entirely different argument all together and IMO, is alone worth all the reason in the world to cut him. He played in 10 games in 2014 and averaged less than a catch a game. He averages 1 TD an entire season in his career.

And o don't want to hear the crap arguments that defenses respect him and his speed and he opens things up for Sammy or other WRs. It's a crap argument. He just doesn't do what you say he does. There isn't a single team in this league that would roll a safety overtop on his side as opposed to Sammys side. Ever. It just doesn't make sense. And of its happening it's only a bait job.

Either way, I'd much rather have a real WR than a decoy. I'd much rather have a real NFL player than a track guy that gets hurt every 3 downs. I'd much rather have a real WR that puts up real WR numbers than a scrub thy wouldn't make the practice squad on half the teams in the league.

Remember how everyone made fun of Graham and wasn't worried about him when we played against him with the jets??? Well, that's how other teams and coaches and fans feel about this kid.

Your argument is that he COULD be really good. He COULD stay healthy. Yeah, I could get a date with Kate Beckinsale too. But chances are it isn't going to happen.

At the end of the day, there is no argument for a WR that averages 8 catches a year for 3 full seasons in the league, or 2 if you consider his injuries.

Marv also thought is was ok to let the 90s Bills police themselves the nights before the biggest games of their careers.

He was also the GM that hired Dick Juaron.

You spend too much effort on me. I will defend a speed player ( IF ) defenses respect him.

I did not say he WILL be on the field. I only address (IF).

I wonder if this has to do with being on his last year,but I will say he always play well in training camp and in the few preseason games he gets to play, but some strange reason as soon as live bullets start flying, well you guys know the rest.

@billsupdates

Greg Roman uses 'elite' to describe Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor (3 takeaways): https://t.co/MpdxtMliNE

Marquise Goodwin Impressing

Marquise Goodwin isn't just flashing his ability to those in the stands. Coaches are taking notice as well, and Roman is the one who could benefit the most from Goodwin's emergence.

"What a weapon he is, huh?" Roman said. "The guy has a different attitude about him this year, a different look in his eye, and I like it."

Meh, even as a usual kool-aid drinker, I dont have much hope for Goodwin. Of course I hope he stays healthy and does well, but I wouldnt count on it, and I'd hope the Bills would know better than to depend on him at this point. Little dude just cant stay healthy, and we all know the greatest "ability" in the NFL is...

Meh, even as a usual kool-aid drinker, I dont have much hope for Goodwin. Of course I hope he stays healthy and does well, but I wouldnt count on it, and I'd hope the Bills would know better than to depend on him at this point. Little dude just cant stay healthy, and we all know the greatest "ability" in the NFL is...

My expectations are low, but it would be a nice surprise if he could stay on the field.

The thing is, Goodwin has shown he can beat the press. He's not a track guy who plays football, he's a football player. He just can't seem to stay healthy, which is a shame and hopefully something he can prove folks wrong about this year. But the guy has shown the ability in live action to stick in the league at the position.

What year was that? 2013?

And he is the most track-y of the track guys the Bills have had.

He's an often injured TJ Graham.

What year was that? 2013?

And he is the most track-y of the track guys the Bills have had.

He's an often injured TJ Graham.

WEO....Rhino is right in that Goodwin HAS shown that he can beat the press....the fact is he is open a lot....

It is what happens AFTER contact with a defender that is so disappointing.

WEO....Rhino is right in that Goodwin HAS shown that he can beat the press....the fact is he is open a lot....

It is what happens AFTER contact with a defender that is so disappointing.

He caught 1 of 9 balls thrown to him in 2014. Where and when has this guy been "open a lot"?

You spend too much effort on me. I will defend a speed player ( IF ) defenses respect him.

I did not say he WILL be on the field. I only address (IF).

well, there's our argument. You believe there's an IF. When in actuality there will never be. Teams aren't worried about this guy. Never have been. Never will be.

Every year??

OK now I'm sure you're joking. Well played.

Fwiw, if he stays healthy I think he has the potential to be very good. He's blindingly fast and can actually catch the ball. Many of his misses were on overthrows and not his fault. He has to stay healthy, and since I think injuries are luck as much as anything else, he's due to have some good luck this year.

Fwiw, if he stays healthy I think he has the potential to be very good. He's blindingly fast and can actually catch the ball. Many of his misses were on overthrows and not his fault. He has to stay healthy, and since I think injuries are luck as much as anything else, he's due to have some good luck this year.

I think his injuries could have something to do with the difference between training for football and training for track and field. Hopefully he's "all in" with the football aspect now.