Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always been a Goodwin fan. Blazing speed, good blocker, and he's got a bit of swagger to him. He's had some bad luck with injuries but I'm not surprised he's showing well so far. Guy's got talent.

Good blocker? when has that been demonstrated?

And your speed WR would be ...?

Any of the 4.4 guys who can stay on the field

Put it this way.... If Goodwin is still on this roster come September, I KNOW this team isn't serious about making the playoffs. -What's the definition of insanity again?

Is insanity a team making a 5th year guy with 22 catches, and a Browns castoff 5th year guy who had roughly 60-700 the year before but before that also just 20-something catches, starters? That team was clearly not serious about making the playoffs, right?

That team actually painfully sent our favorite team home in 1997, as the Jaguars went on a run to the AFC Championship game, and both Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell wound up with over 10000 yards in their career.

Is it likely Goodwin and, say, Greg Little will do the same next year and in their careers (and besides we have Watkins who will hopefully be sucking up a gigantic share of Tyrod's passing yards), but blithely dismissing it as impossible is closer to insanity than letting coaches evaluate young players at a position that is notorious for late bloomers (remember how many people were ready to toss Eric Moulds in the Niagara after his first couple seasons, and how many catches did SJ13 have before notching three consecutive 1k turns).

When healthy, Goodwin has shown flashes of brilliance. 1:10 on the below Tyrod pre-season highlight reminds of the potential he brings. There's also a shot of him making a solid grab for a first down against the Browns while taking a ferocious hit (might be the one that sidelined him for the season as he went out in that quarter) around 2:48. That being said, I suspect it's quite likely that he won't remain upright to the opening day bell. However, as a fan, I sure hope he does.

Edited by thurst44

By watching the games. Granted, he hasn't played in as many as most of us would have liked. But just because a guy is small doesn't mean he can't be an effective blocker.

You need to show us... B.c as of right now he definitely isn't and hasn't ever really been asked to block.