Chargers finally sign Bosa: Who blinked?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see folks on here split between chargers and bosa.

I side with bosa on this. Chargers seem to think negotiating is about "winning." The fair deal seems to be to give the guy the league norm re no off-set language.

Although I generally agree with your take, I think they are both crazy and have both lost.

I have two takes. First from what I read from Spanos the offer seems more than fair. For Spanos to use the word asinine in a public comment tells me he is truly frustrated Bosa did not take the deal.

Second if you envisioned this kind of issue then they should have traded down in the draft.

Oh yeah one more take - Bosa is going to be a huge bust. He is stupid to durn down the millions he is getting offered right now. He will be lucky to get 1/3 of the money the Chargers are offering by sitting out and going into the draft next year.

Because it sets precedent and they just don't want to. I think you're overestimating the impact. FAs will follow the money. You have people like Antonio Gates who have had contract squabbles telling the kid to knock it off and get to camp. I'm guessing that most veterans think the kid is out of line at this point.

Don't think he's gonna listen to a TE who should have retired 2 yrs ago, but stayed on board for the money. Knowing the team was not anything close to a playoff team. Would ring hollow to me. As a matter of fact if I'm Bosa, I tell Gates to stay the F*ck out of my financial/contractual affairs. That's off limits and players know that is taboo. Not right on Gates' part and he should know better.

Yeah I saw Philip Rivers picking up cans in the park for gas money the other day. it's a shame.

If they were your team and went through the Ryan Leaf debacle I'd bet you'd be siding with the team on covering your arse.

Yea, I saw Eli shining his super bowl rings the other day. Eli and his dad look very smart right now and I am soooo glad they are not my team.

You are in trouble if something from almost a 1/4 of a century ago still sticks in your craw enough to act this way.

If I'm another NFL and this moves into the regular season, I'd start making the phone calls to see if they are willing to trade the player. Giving up a first and a conditional pick, based on where that first ends up might be smart business for some teams.

This might be the first situation of it kind to occur, first I can remember, since Cornelius Bennett refused to sign with Indy and eventually was traded to Buffalo in that 3 way deal that saw Erik Dickerson move to the Colts.

Interesting to see folks on here split between chargers and bosa.

I side with bosa on this. Chargers seem to think negotiating is about "winning." The fair deal seems to be to give the guy the league norm re no off-set language.

Someone should tell Spanos that The Bills already won the off season. :ph34r:

Spanos is the Hugh Culverhouse of this generation. Why they won't just give him his guarantee up front is ridiculous. I don't know the off setting language for the 1, 2, 4, 5 picks, but if the Chargers are offering what other teams, than Bosa is wrong.

I think Bosa will blink first, and the Chargers will bend on some of the percentage he gets now.

Although I generally agree with your take, I think they are both crazy and have both lost.

I agree with you there. This should have never come this far.

My issue with the Chargers is that they seem so hung up on this off-set point out of principle. There is no way it would be used, from what I have read.

While I think both sides are stupid, I think Bosa needs to sign the deal and get his ass into work.

Here's the thing, the Chargers have been around since 1960, and they'll likely be around for another 50 years. Bosa is looking at a 10 year career, if he is lucky. That window closes fast. Get in there, get to work, and start collecting that money asap.