Chargers finally sign Bosa: Who blinked?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am guessing this means he got all the money up front, but relented on the off-set language?

If Spotrac has it correct, then he got most of his signing bonus up front, but a small portion was deferred to March, and there are offsets for his roster bonuses.

So basically, he took the deal that his previous representative said was silly for him to take, even though the #2 pick this year and the #1 pick last year took similar deals.

Nobody won in this one--both sides look like fools. The Chargers dragged their feet and didn't negotiate for a long time, and Bosa's side made a mountain out of tiny pebbles that won't even matter since the deal is fully-guaranteed.

Out of curiosity, what is Sammy's contract? Did he have offsets and how much of his bonus was deferred if any?

~ $19.9M over 4 years, and yes, he has offsets.

I think he got about 75% of his $12.8M signing bonus up front, but I didn't see a quick reference on that.

If Spotrac has it correct, then he got most of his signing bonus up front, but a small portion was deferred to March, and there are offsets for his roster bonuses.

So basically, he took the deal that his previous representative said was silly for him to take, even though the #2 pick this year and the #1 pick last year took similar deals.

Nobody won in this one--both sides look like fools. The Chargers dragged their feet and didn't negotiate for a long time, and Bosa's side made a mountain out of tiny pebbles that won't even matter since the deal is fully-guaranteed.

Correction - all three look like tools - player, agent and team; they could have made it a foursome if NFLPA got involved.

i'd be curious to see how he plays missing all this time.

i assume SD will ease him in a bit, but he's a very pro-ready rookie in terms of his body and his technique. He will have a two-week crash course and i anticipate he will be a big jolt to their D. He gets Eric Fisher/Mitchell Schwartz week 1. I'll take Bosa there. He will be lining up next to Liuget, Mebane and Ingram. Not a bad front 4 IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 months later...

Gotta love the freezing cold "bust" and "overdrafted" takes in this thread

Joey Bosa has 26 pressures in his first four games. That is 8 more pressures than any rusher in their first 4 games in the past decade.

Quality bump, my friend.

I can't believe how many people overthink quality players. Just like my boy Noah Spence in Tampa.

Gotta love the freezing cold "bust" and "overdrafted" takes in this thread

Joey Bosa has 26 pressures in his first four games. That is 8 more pressures than any rusher in their first 4 games in the past decade.

Outstanding bump. Boss tearing it up. Hot takers scattered to the wind.

Chargers/Spanosare the clowns we said they were.