Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this..Andy Dalton had a similar structure if i recall correctly...and Marvin Lewis aint going anywhere. Does it help if Rex and Whaley get fired..absolutely. Does it help if Taylor stinks up the joint but Rex is still retained..absolutely.

BTW, the dudes on NFL live at 3PM were yapping about this same scenario at 3:15...Florio just ripping off their idea as he posted at 4PM. They all just looking for clicks

to be fair, it was also because dalton had not fully stepped up too. if he stepped back instead of forward, you mightve seen some changes.

Nothing like paying a QB with the build of a slot receiver $90 million. To say nothing of being injury prone, and not throwing over the middle. But heh, it's Pegula's money, right?

And we could've had Paxton Lynch to develop.

And the beat goes on...

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2015/11/05/1105-tyrod-taylor-shirtless04-480w.jpg I don't know about "the build of a slot receiver."

Thank God we have EJ Manuel on the team when Taylor gets hurt.

Glad to see someone picking up the trolling for TG though. Edited by Kirby Jackson

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2015/11/05/1105-tyrod-taylor-shirtless04-480w.jpg I don't know about "the build of a slot receiver."

Glad to see someone picking up the trolling for TG though.

So disagreeing with another's opinion is now "trolling"? I'm not looking for validation, and what's the point of a message board if we're all fanboys like good Kirby here?

Man up, let's have a discussion. Agree or disagree, I like to see both sides' points.

My one concern is this: with such a big hit in year 2 how do we afford to keep Gilmore? I know we have a lot of dead money coming in but that is all going to be gobbled up really fast. Are they just giving up on him?

Actually....it helps us keep Gilmore either by tag or by straight signing him to a extension

This much I know....our resident cap people could tell us more

My one concern is this: with such a big hit in year 2 how do we afford to keep Gilmore? I know we have a lot of dead money coming in but that is all going to be gobbled up really fast. Are they just giving up on him?

Seems like they would anticipate this and give themselves enough room for the next 2 years should they need to franchise Gilmore both years. We're supposed to be like 30M under the cap next year anyway, see the article Quinn linked to here on the board, it's a good read if you're wondering about the cap, like I was when I heard about the signing.

Super excited about this extension, I believe in Tyrod.

So disagreeing with another's opinion is now "trolling"? I'm not looking for validation, and what's the point of a message board if we're all fanboys like good Kirby here?

Man up, let's have a discussion. Agree or disagree, I like to see both sides' points.

Discussion is welcome

Tyrod Taylor might not be 6'4.....but for the 6' he does have the guy lives in the weightroom and is jacked......

He is not injury prone.....he got banged up last year but only missed 2 games

I have researched the contract extension, considered the salary cap implications and all of your comments and here is my conclusion:

I know absolutely nothing about salary cap, guaranteed money or options. I'm glad we have a promising young (and experienced) QB. Congrats Tyrod!! Go Bills!!!

I have researched the contract extension, considered the salary cap implications and all of your comments and here is my conclusion:

I know absolutely nothing about salary cap, guaranteed money or options. I'm glad we have a promising young (and experienced) QB. Congrats Tyrod!! Go Bills!!!

Thanks for the in-depth analysis ;)

Thank God we have EJ Manuel on the team when Taylor gets hurt.

I know, right? So glad you're not willing to toss his career aside like so many others here. You bring an air of sophistication to the discussion and we are fortunate to have you in the community to help enlighten and offset the high number of negative posts on the subject. Thank-you so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Nothing like paying a QB with the build of a slot receiver $90 million. To say nothing of being injury prone, and not throwing over the middle. But heh, it's Pegula's money, right?

And we could've had Paxton Lynch to develop.

And the beat goes on...

We will have to do the complete forensic analysis of the contract after full details come out. If you don't like the deal, then you certainly might have justification at that point. But Paxton Lynch? Your plan was to to burn pick 19 on Paxton Lynch, jettison Taylor (after he played out his contract this season) and then go on down the road with Lynch? That's your solution?

Discussion is welcome

Tyrod Taylor might not be 6'4.....but for the 6' he does have the guy lives in the weightroom and is jacked......

He is not injury prone.....he got banged up last year but only missed 2 games

wish i knew how to post a picture...but saying he is built like a slot receiver is an undertstaement...slot receivers way thicker than Tyrod.

This dude is tiny..have a picture with him and my son last year at hotel before Miami game..my son is a twig..like 5'10 120LBS.

His legs were huge compared to TT's.

They signed basically a 1 year deal with an option. There is nothing not to like.

The trolling part is is the assumption of injury for a guy that has had 2 ankle sprains and an MCL sprain in the last 10 years.

Also, the term "fanboy" is played out and just wrong on here. It is especially wrong when used recklessly. I'm a critical when it is warranted and give credit when it is warranted. You must be new but you've got the wrong guy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Florio takes the angle that it is structured to make a potential regime change more smooth

@profootballtalk

"Buyout options" in Tyrod Taylor's deal underscore the possibility for big changes in Buffalo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/12/buyout-options-in-tyrod-taylor-deal-underscore-possible-changes-in-buffalo/

As long it is regime change next year for profootballtalk.nbcsports.com I am okay with that.