Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive brought it up a few times - and $15m would surprise me. It would, essentially, be the lowest paid "expected to start the whole time" contract in the league (minus rookie deals).

I dont think that the bump in pay when compared to playing out then being tagged is enough for him to give the bills 2 years with the tag option for a 3rd (that carries him into his 30s).

i dont know that the bills are getting a ton here either (they could let him play out and then tag twice and come out almost the same with less guarantees). the biggest thing being the flexibility with holding the tag over gilmore.

it could happen... but 2 years 30m would surprise me. its simple and not totally unreasonable or anything - i just dont know that there would be enough "want" to sign it from both sides.

Yeah, agreed.

When we hear talks of creativity, that's what gives me a small measure of hope. It's still mostly doubt for me, but maybe if they really do some interesting things with guaranteed money, incentives, etc. maybe they can come up with something.

But as is, every deal somebody proposes looks wildly slanted. They all seem to be "Terrific for the Bills, but why would Tyrod sign that,* or the opposite, *Great for Tyrod, but where's the advantage for the Bills in paying him extra money and getting no extra time where they control him?"

Interesting. So this is just your latest game. Rather than rail against a couple players on the team, no matter how bizarre your take, no matter what thread you derail; your new gig is to imply that all is rosy.

It's far from rosy. It's more like well-diluted schit. But I'm focusing on the good things that happened last year with Taylor and hoping he makes the necessary improvements that will make him what we need him to be. My concerns are still there. The only difference is I'm employing more of a wait and see approach, rather than the, "he's already hit his ceiling," approach.

Just don't think I"m going to wait until week 5 or 6. We're going to know how good he is after the first real game.

@jasonlacanfora

Bills continue to make headway on Tyrod Taylor deal thou issues remain on back end of deal. Would likely be $35M in 1st 2yrs

@spotrac

Appears to be similar in structure to our projected breakdown, which included $37M thru '17.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@jasonlacanfora

Bills continue to make headway on Tyrod Taylor deal thou issues remain on back end of deal. Would likely be $35M in 1st 2yrs

Lotta ways $35M can be structured over two years, but we're starting to get to a bigger deal overall which means we might be looking at some creative structuring.