Rams release Nick Foles--update signs with KC

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foles has had a funny career. A 27-2 TD-INT ratio, 9.1 ypa, and Pro Bowl nod in 2013. That season he looked like the next great QB.

But he was ineffective and twice benched in favor of the mighty Case Keenum in 2015.

It's called,I got my money, now I don't have to work as hard...and it showed.

For these pretty-good QBs, unless they keep developing, the D coordinators figure out how to stop them. Film reveals all.

This could happen to Tyrod Taylor too but it doesn't have to. He seems to be very coachable and is working on the flaws in his game. I'm optimistic he'll continue his development and success.

I think it's more that the rest of the league caught up to the offense that Chip Kelly was running, though that's certainly a possibility.

During that 27-2 season he had a number of dropped INTS. If it's possible to have a "lucky" 27TD 2 INT year he did it.

KC has a million QBs now.

Alex Smith

Aaron Murray

Kevin Hogan

Tyler Bray

Nick Foles

Hard to see them keeping more than 3. Gotta think Hogan makes the team as a 2016 draft pick. I think Bray is gone so that puts it down to Foles or Murray as primary backup. I like Aaron Murray a lot and if he came free I'd be very interested. Wonder if there's a trade for KC to be made here with Dallas.

For these pretty-good QBs, unless they keep developing, the D coordinators figure out how to stop them. Film reveals all.

This could happen to Tyrod Taylor too but it doesn't have to. He seems to be very coachable and is working on the flaws in his game. I'm optimistic he'll continue his development and success.

I would imagine that teams are going to try to take his deep throws and sideline throws away as much as possible....which is why they are making concerted effort in camp to get him using the middle of the field

He might throw a few more interceptions.....but there are also BIG plays to be made there

I would imagine that teams are going to try to take his deep throws and sideline throws away as much as possible....which is why they are making concerted effort in camp to get him using the middle of the field

He might throw a few more interceptions.....but there are also BIG plays to be made there

Plus Clay is over the middle and they're trying to get him the ball more in the passing game,

KC is a perfect fit for Foles. I can easily see him becoming Alex Smith 2.0 under Andy Reid, the consummate game manager, not asked to do anything flashy but getting them to 9 or 10 wins and a "one and done" playoff appearance every other year. And no, this is not damning with faint praise -- I'd take a playoff appearance here in a heartbeat even if it is one and done.