The scariest part of the upcoming 2016 season

Jobot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning is marrying a girl you love and can build a life with. Screwing the prom queen isn't an indication you've won.

you are awesome. Really mean that

Of course that's true but in the short game which footballis... iI'll take the prom Queen

I think Tyrod will have a good season (assuming he stays healthy). I think he's a good enough starter to lead the Bills to the playoffs. I expect the defense to be better this year than it was last year and I expect the Bills to be in the playoff hunt. However, for me, the scariest part of this season is the schedule. The Bills could be much improved over last year and still end up with the same record and miss the playoffs. Besides our division, we only have a few games against lesser opponents (Cleveland, St Louis, SF.)

Assuming we split the division (3-3 or even 4-2) and win the 3 games mentioned above. That's 6-7 wins. We still need to find 4-5 wins out of these 7 games:

@ Ravens

Cardinals

@ Seahawks

@ Bengals

Jaguars

@ Raiders

Steelers

You totally did not understand the point of the original post. They were not advocating for blindly throw money at TT just so he isn't paid so little.

Capable of actually reading much? His statement:

The biggest reason - TYROD Taylor is being paid like a backup qb (and not even a good one!).

You can see a lot by simply looking.

Haven't read all the comments yet, but did anyone else notice how his jersey # in the video kept alternating between #1 and #80? It's all about paying attention to the important details, not all this football stuff, pffft.

anyone who denies the scariest part of 2016 is rex ryan is fooling themselves. we are a team that could and should win enough to make the playoffs, ensuring ryan stays. rex ryan will be just like wayne fontes in the history of the buffalo bills. he'll win enough to keep his job when its on the line but ultimately, as shown by his character, be the loser he is.

This and the lack of quality depth all over the team.

The reality of the situation is that this head coach needs some specific players to run the defensive scheme that he likes to employ the majority of the time. The problem as I see it is that the defensive roster still has a few holes needing to be filled by a few of those specific players.

Some Bills fans think that somehow magical unicorns will spray rainbow dust over the defense and it will become a top five unit. It won't unless Rex Ryan starts calling more of a 3-4 one gap scheme with some effective blitzing or otherwise it's the same as we saw for most of the past year and even then the teams best pass rusher now plays for the Dolphins.

Ryan has a lot to prove this year with a tougher schedule.

Tyrod was announced the starting QB on 8/31/15 after a entire camp of earning it. Then as a starter his record was 8-6. so he won more than he lost. Enough too get him in as a pro bowl alternate. For a Buffalo QB even in that glorifed scrimmage that is big. granted he tossed more int's than most but he just may be the future for this long suffering franchise who in the past decades has been clueless on who can replace Jimbo.

The pro bowl is a sharade, a popularity contest.

His record is 8-8 not 8-6 since he wasn't able to play 2 games due to failing to protect him self from getting injured, that's on him so those 2 lost games are on him as well.

As I said he's showing promise, but has to proof himself. From an organisation point of view you can extend him now at a lower cost but higher risk if he fails ro pay top dollah when he works out.

The scariest part of the season to me, as is every season: injuries. I want to watch Sammy, Lesean and Tyrod play in 16 games.

Add Woods, and Clay too that list and potentially without injury it could be a dangerous offense.

The pro bowl is a sharade, a popularity contest.

His record is 8-8 not 8-6 since he wasn't able to play 2 games due to failing to protect him self from getting injured, that's on him so those 2 lost games are on him as well.

As I said he's showing promise, but has to proof himself. From an organisation point of view you can extend him now at a lower cost but higher risk if he fails ro pay top dollah when he works out.

interesting, so when EJ craps the bed and TT is out injured. it still is a Tyrod lost. I never knew it worked that way.

interesting, so when EJ craps the bed and TT is out injured. it still is a Tyrod lost. I never knew it worked that way.

It's his responsibility to remain healthy and not get injured by doing stupid stuff, if he get's injured doing stupid stuff then yes I hold him accountable for being unable to play. EJ could have saved him but didn't.

All I'm saying is; the promise is there and real he's proven that much. He has to however proof consistency and growth for him. He has to proof he isn't a one day fly like so many others that the Bills invested deeply in over the past decades. Signing him now is putting all our eggs in one basket again, the same strategy that failed over and over the past decade+.

Scariest part? Same as it always has been for me. Games #3 and #4.

The opposing team has a couple weeks of tape and knows what's coming. It is the game where you see the talent of both your players and coaching staff. It has been the barometer for the last several seasons IMO.

And game #4 NE has extra time to get ready for us (again) I believe they play thur the week before

After last years disappointing season, my realistic view of the upcoming season does not hold tremendously high expectations. However this may be Buffalo's best opportunity to not only making the playoffs, but advance far! The problem and terrifying reality that comes with this.... is if they fail to do so, then the playoff drought may be further away then any of us can comprehend....

The biggest reason - TYROD Taylor is being paid like a backup qb (and not even a good one!). Can you imagine if the perennial contenders had this luxury for a season. The Bills essentially have an extra $20+ million compared to all other NFL teams! You see this all the time where a team peaks just before they pay their superstar players.... well that is where the Bills sit today.

If owner/GM/coach can't make it work this year and come January we see the same old story of year's past, then I'm not sure what realistic hope would exist for the Bills under the current leadership. I make no claim at being a salary cap expert... but I do feel that this is a very rare situation that should allow even an average organization to put together a successful season.

Tyrod IS a back up QB.Starters comeback and win games

It's his responsibility to remain healthy and not get injured by doing stupid stuff, if he get's injured doing stupid stuff then yes I hold him accountable for being unable to play. EJ could have saved him but didn't.

All I'm saying is; the promise is there and real he's proven that much. He has to however proof consistency and growth for him. He has to proof he isn't a one day fly like so many others that the Bills invested deeply in over the past decades. Signing him now is putting all our eggs in one basket again, the same strategy that failed over and over the past decade+.

blade...this is absolutely baffling you would say this....injuries happen.

Your going to BLAME Tyrod for getting injuried? I suppose he could subscribe tot he Kyle Orton school of playing QB?

Tyrod IS a back up QB.Starters comeback and win games

WOW

The season really is starting.....its bringing in the finest input

This and the lack of quality depth all over the team.

The reality of the situation is that this head coach needs some specific players to run the defensive scheme that he likes to employ the majority of the time. The problem as I see it is that the defensive roster still has a few holes needing to be filled by a few of those specific players.

Some Bills fans think that somehow magical unicorns will spray rainbow dust over the defense and it will become a top five unit. It won't unless Rex Ryan starts calling more of a 3-4 one gap scheme with some effective blitzing or otherwise it's the same as we saw for most of the past year and even then the teams best pass rusher now plays for the Dolphins.

Ryan has a lot to prove this year with a tougher schedule.

Lack of depth is a lousey argument and always has been. Nobody has 'depth' in that almost every starter is a lot better than his back up. What is lacking is a few bonafide stars that will the team to win. They could emerge from what the roster has today. But no one has earned that status to date. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood