Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always dig your attitude.

Thanks. From a pure football perspective, besides last year with the 49ers he's made significant contributions. Why not have a player that can do very similar things as Shady to either spell him for rest to help keep him healthy or be able to keep the same offense installed if Shady were to go down?

This would be a very smart professional signing, IMO. Say McCoy tweaks his ankle in the first quarter of game 2 and can't return. I'm feeling a lot better if we have Reggie Bush.

Edited by Triple Threat

Thanks. From a pure football perspective, besides last year with the 49ers he's made significant contributions. Why not have a player that can do very similar things as Shady to either spell him for rest to help keep him healthy or be able to keep the same offense installed if Shady were to go down?

This would be a very smart professional signing, IMO. Say McCoy tweaks his ankle in the first quarter of game 2 and can't return. I'm feeling a lot better if we have Reggie Bush.

While there isn't much harm in them taking a flyer on him people should realize that he hasn't been a good RB since 2013 and he hasn't been a good punt returner in about 8 years.

While there isn't much harm in them taking a flyer on him people should realize that he hasn't been a good RB since 2013 and he hasn't been a good punt returner in about 8 years.

He had a nice 2014 in 11 games and only played in 5 games last year. He gets dinged up for sure but he mixes it up and runs hard. Mild price tag for a vet that's done some good work. I could understand someone maybe not loving it but hating it is difficult.

He had a nice 2014 in 11 games and only played in 5 games last year. He gets dinged up for sure but he mixes it up and runs hard. Mild price tag for a vet that's done some good work. I could understand someone maybe not loving it but hating it is difficult.

3.5 ypr last year and 3.9 in 2014 are terrible numbers for a low volume carry scatback type......league AVERAGE yards per rush is 4.2 and that number is weighted down by most teams using big backs nowadays.

As Beef Jerky pointed out.......he is like a WR in the pass game though. He is a considerably more natural pass catcher than Shady so perhaps they see him in that role on 3rd downs. Third down backs aren't the factor they used to be but neither are fullbacks. Roman's offense is different. What we do know is that they don't plan to use Shady in short yardage..........is it possible they want him off the field on 3rd downs in general? If so, a veteran who can be trusted to pick up pass rushers while making plays in the pass game makes more sense.

3.5 ypr last year and 3.9 in 2014 are terrible numbers for a low volume carry scatback type......league AVERAGE yards per rush is 4.2 and that number is weighted down by most teams using big backs nowadays.

As Beef Jerky pointed out.......he is like a WR in the pass game though. He is a considerably more natural pass catcher than Shady so perhaps they see him in that role on 3rd downs. Third down backs aren't the factor they used to be but neither are fullbacks. Roman's offense is different. What we do know is that they don't plan to use Shady in short yardage..........is it possible they want him off the field on 3rd downs in general? If so, a veteran who can be trusted to pick up pass rushers while making plays in the pass game makes more sense.

I hoped you wouldn't think I was just talking about his rushing? Which has never been is game. He's a pass catching RB that has take it to the house ability every time he touches it. He can contribute on this team and it's a nice move if they make it.

Edited by Triple Threat

I would be surprised with 5 too

Again, couldn't Wilder get put on the PS unless he really lights it up? This guy is getting hyped up but we really don't know how he'll look until we put the pads on. With Karlos out four games, we can roll with four backs and see if Karlos can even play by then. If he doesn't pass conditioning he stays on PUP.

Again, couldn't Wilder get put on the PS unless he really lights it up? This guy is getting hyped up but we really don't know how he'll look until we put the pads on. With Karlos out four games, we can roll with four backs and see if Karlos can even play by then. If he doesn't pass conditioning he stays on PUP.

I did not think he would qualify for PS. But not sure.

Shady

Touchdown Mike

J.Williams

J Wilder

Bush

?