TOD 7/18: The Jills - are they & should they be gone forever

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was glad to see them go, but I'm ready for them to come back. I haven't heard 'Simply Irresistible' for a couple of years now or whatever crappy old songs they were dancing to.

Edited by driddles

The whole Jills case has faded into obscurity. Should the situation remain that way? Should the team settle their differences with them and get them back?

Meh. Never paid attention to them. Don't miss them. But if you decide to bring em back, pay them what they're owed.

Surprised the Pegulas just didn't settle this for fair wages once they bought the team. But the Jills class action was certified last January, when the team issued this disappointing statement:

"It remains our position that this case is being prosecuted by a very small number of former cheerleaders whose allegations do not accurately reflect the sentiment of all cheerleaders," the team said.

They could have settled it for chump change, instead they continued the money-grubbing ways of past management. The Jills are done and gone, regardless of how their lawsuit turns out.

Surprised the Pegulas just didn't settle this for fair wages once they bought the team. But the Jills class action was certified last January, when the team issued this disappointing statement:

"It remains our position that this case is being prosecuted by a very small number of former cheerleaders whose allegations do not accurately reflect the sentiment of all cheerleaders," the team said.

They could have settled it for chump change, instead they continued the money-grubbing ways of past management. The Jills are done and gone, regardless of how their lawsuit turns out.

Or maybe this crusade against the Bills by lawyers seeking a payday by luring former cheerleaders with the thought of a comparably smaller payday is exactly what it looks like, and the Pegula's who have shown no such resistance to paying deserved money out, see the whole picture for what it is. If you think the Jills did this for minimum wage, you are fooling yourself. While the minimum wage laws likely apply in this case, none of them are screaming for joy, because now they are currently out of a job that promoted them into making far more than petty minimum wage.

It's a private organization. If they want to allocate money to pay a side job wage for these women, and the women electively want to do it, then so be it. The demanding women thing is fine for some person's point of view, but no one has a gun to their head. They want to do it.

As far as the quality of product, look at some other teams and we have to be at the bottom in terms of attractive women. I honestly don't care either way. Other teams have elected to get rid of their squads without any scandal. They just didn't want to bother.

i always thought it was a selective club staffed by 'personalities' wanting tv and pro athlete exposure.

Was surprised there was any pay and surprised anyone could ever extrapolate it into a 'job'.

It adds no value for me, evident by the fact I couldn't name the teams the do and don't have them.

End it permanently, refer to it as some progressive stance on gender equality for positive pr and call it a day.

i always thought it was a selective club staffed by 'personalities' wanting tv and pro athlete exposure.

Was surprised there was any pay and surprised anyone could ever extrapolate it into a 'job'.

It adds no value for me, evident by the fact I couldn't name the teams the do and don't have them.

End it permanently, refer to it as some progressive stance on gender equality for positive pr and call it a day.

It works a little differently across sports. It's sort of a part-time job if you are in the right place. My fiancée was a dancer in the NBA for a few years and they were well compensated. They would get the standard $25 a practice and $50 a game but they would get $35 an hour for appearances. She would do about 3 appearances a week and make an extra $500.