Prayers for the City of Dallas

You want police walking around everybody's crazy empire? That will work out as well well as an officer saying:

"Raise your hands while showing me your ID"

That is how I draw the conclusion. Well officer... What do you want me to do? Get my hands up or reach for my wallet?

This is not the thread for this...you are way off topic which normally does not matter. Given the gravity of the situation in Dallas let's leave this thread on the rails. If you wish to appropriately participate in other discussions about the points you raise please do so but stop pulling this thread away from its primary points.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the thread for this...you are way off topic which normally does not matter. Given the gravity of the situation in Dallas let's leave this thread on the rails. If you wish to appropriately participate in other discussions about the points you raise please do so but stop pulling this thread away from its primary points.

I am sorry... Will do.

Veering off the rails people. Take stuff to PPP if you feel the need.

Sorry... I missed this.

I am out.

All my love and prayers... Sorry for being worked up.

Who could see that coming?

Might as well move it there now

I can go by and scrub my posts... I just don't have the authority to rid it all. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't know if I'm impressed or afraid the police have that capability.

Sounds like an improvisation by the bomb squad. A sort of reverse bomb disposal.

I'm less afraid of that itself, than of the likelihood that it'll be studied and from it developed law enforcement doctrines for using drones for active law enforcement.

Trying not to jump to any conclusions. In a case as delicate as this, due process is essential.

Of course that hasn't stopped the media running headlines about civil war on the streets of America.

The media will do what they do, but IMO it's going to be hard to over dramatize what's really going on in the country right now. Between real threats to constitutional rights (for better or worse...that's not my point right now), racial tension that is already starting to blow up, open hostility between economic classes, fear of terrorism (foreign and domestic), and overall economic uncertainty we're in a pretty dangerous time.

Sounds like an improvisation by the bomb squad. A sort of reverse bomb disposal.

I'm less afraid of that itself, than of the likelihood that it'll be studied and from it developed law enforcement doctrines for using drones for active law enforcement.

We're a few years out from this:

lamerobocop.jpg

Rodney King was no saint and no genius, but he had it exactly right when he emotionally asked "can't we all get along?" Sad that after so much time and after so much strife those words are still relevant today and we seem to have gotten farther and farther away from this simple plea...

I was not alive in 1968, but by all historical accounts it was a time of great strife and turbulence in a deeply divided and socially changing America. I feel like we are back at that point - where many of us, regardless of our political beliefs, feel that things are getting too divided, too heated and too crazy - I hope that we can get through this next phase of history and get away from the "us vs. them" that seems so prevalent and causes so much pain...

Mod on admin crime!

Yeah, but NG is a mod too. Two people policing things differently... Ain't that a coincidence!

I wonder what Marv Levy would say about this.

Still passing out the prayers. I guess that is all we can say.

Fixed.

Priceless fix, that made me chuckle for a second during a time where it is hard to find any laughter.

Thanx Tom... MUCH appreciated!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois