Prayers for the City of Dallas

My son wears a bulletproof vest, we're buying him a vest with ballistic plates.

Has anyone mentioned that this guy came home damaged from his service? It's shameful how this country uses its vets and makes them fend for themselves. No excuse for him, just an observation.

Has anyone mentioned he was charged with sexual harassment in the service and given a general discharge?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone mentioned that this guy came home damaged from his service? It's shameful how this country uses its vets and makes them fend for themselves. No excuse for him, just an observation.

He was trouble while in the service and was eventually discharged due to his harassment of a female. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/dallas-shooter-accused-sexual-harassment-army-tour-article-1.2705323?client=safari#

I think there's a need for so much more to be done regarding mental illness in both the UK and the US, especially with post-service care of military personnel. Even the most resilient servicemen and women aren't indestructible. Even as a regular citizen, I've been through the system with mental health and found the resources severely lacking. I've heard from some in the US that it's even worse over there.

I've not seen much about the shooter outside of the reasons for his discharge. Has there been confirmation of a diagnosis/treatment for PTSD?

I think there's a need for so much more to be done regarding mental illness in both the UK and the US, especially with post-service care of military personnel. Even the most resilient servicemen and women aren't indestructible. Even as a regular citizen, I've been through the system with mental health and found the resources severely lacking. I've heard from some in the US that it's even worse over there.

I've not seen much about the shooter outside of the reasons for his discharge. Has there been confirmation of a diagnosis/treatment for PTSD?

Look up the sisters Instagram a few days before the shooting, look at his final post. I'd like to know more about the parents and his upbringing. PTSD is certainly a possibility and I'm not going to make light of mental health issues but let's not pass the buck so quickly.

Look up the sisters Instagram a few days before the shooting, look at his final post. I'd like to know more about the parents and his upbringing. PTSD is certainly a possibility and I'm not going to make light of mental health issues but let's not pass the buck so quickly.

I saw his sister's Facebook post. I think people are trying to demonise it a little too much and are reading it with the slant they want to. It's no worse than a lot of social media posting I've seen on the subject. Hell, I've seen people flat out celebrating the death of police officers. Some of which was directed to the Dallas PD Twitter account.

Something either snapped in him or went undiagnosed for years. He went from willing to serve his country to shooting cops dead within 7 years. That's a huge philosophical swing. I think the people investigating owe it to the population to found out why. Everything has a root cause and if people don't know why it happens, it's doomed to happen again.

He was trouble while in the service and was eventually discharged due to his harassment of a female. https://www.google.com/amp

/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/dallas-shooter-accused-sexual-harassment-army-tour-article-1.2705323?client=safari#

Well, it is quite a leap from being a creep to women to assassinating police officers. I just wonder if PTSD contributed. That's all.

Lot of people came back from all are other wars !@#$ed up. Have not looked up how many went out and killed cops. Just saying

Like I have said azzholes will always be azzholes

He was trouble while in the service and was eventually discharged due to his harassment of a female. https://www.google.com/amp

/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/dallas-shooter-accused-sexual-harassment-army-tour-article-1.2705323?client=safari#

Well, it is quite a leap from being a creep to women to assassinating police officers. I just wonder if PTSD contributed. That's all.

Also seeing some information out there that he joined the "New Black Panther Party" and was a member for 6 months. The last link was wordy but if you read the whole thing it went on to indicate that he had other problems, also found it interesting that the woman he bothered wanted him to seek mental help. It's early, we will hear more.

In regards to him joining the military to serve his country, that can go many ways. It's not always about doing the patriotic thing, a good portion of enlistments stem from folks who seek an income that they can't get in their current situation, an outlet to get out of a bad situation etc, heck my brother did it avoid following my fathers footsteps. I'm not discounting any of what you said, with the magnitude of the situation I'm sure they will dig deep and more information will come out.

In regards to him joining the military to serve his country, that can go many ways. It's not always about doing the patriotic thing, a good portion of enlistments stem from folks who seek an income that they can't get in their current situation, an outlet to get out of a bad situation etc, heck my brother did it avoid following my fathers footsteps. I'm not discounting any of what you said, with the magnitude of the situation I'm sure they will dig deep and more information will come out.

I might be in the minority (sometimes feels that way) but all I'm interested in is the truth. You can only find a solution when you know what the problem is. It's just desperately sad watching the events unfold. I've not been transfixed by a news story like Thursday night since the Boston bomb. Maybe I'm trying to logically approach something which has no logic, trying to find an answer because "He felt like it" scares me too much as a thought.

He was trouble while in the service and was eventually discharged due to his harassment of a female.

Who knows what he saw in Afghanistan. He was a carpenter... Reservist, that almost like some of my civilian DoD collegues at work who went over there.

Pashtun culture and the pedophilia is pretty effed up if he wad was exposed to it. He had to turn a blind eye? Was he abused ever?

Again, being rear guard, carpenter, probably saw more of that side of the culture than others... Work with locals? Of course if he was there.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It is noted that his command was not very fond of him?

What did he do? We see how the Tillman thing played out? Could the say he did one thing when it was another. Nobody will talk about it.

So many effed up things could have happened mingling in as carpenter. Was he working with locals?

I heard so many messed up stories from Iraq & Afghanistan on situations like this. I did decide to go over there with USACE... It would be as a QA on all kinds of projects, probably not unlike he might have working on?

As Americans, soldiers, we have to turn a blind eye to some pretty phucked up culture.

My father was in a car wreck in 1971... Hit one of the poplar trees on Broadway in Sloan (don't ask). He had his wedding ring stolen... Probably, he suspects by the fire department first responders. Even in a wicked crash, 1970 Ford Maverick and all, how does a tight ring go missing even if he broke his neck. I don't think it flies off. ???

Still comes back to him being an ****

Yeah. What if he cracks.

What if he spoke out against something... They deal him a general.

It is very unusal they send him home. I work for the Department of Army, they would counsel first. There is extensive POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) training.

My father was in a car wreck in 1971... Hit one of the poplar trees on Broadway in Sloan (don't ask). He had his wedding ring stolen... Probably, he suspects by the fire department first responders. Even in a wicked crash, 1970 Ford Maverick and all, how does a tight ring go missing even if he broke his neck. I don't think it flies off. ???

could have been removed for hospital reason. Scans, MRIs, etc... And nobody properly took care of his property.

I'm not saying it wasn't stolen. It could have been. But putting blame on someone without knowing for sure isn't the correct answer either. At the end of the day I hope he recovered. A missing ring is not the important thing in this instance.

Who knows what he saw in Afghanistan. He was a carpenter... Reservist, that almost like some of my civilian DoD collegues at work who went over there.

Pashtun culture and the pedophilia is pretty effed up if he wad was exposed to it. He had to turn a blind eye? Was he abused ever?

Again, being rear guard, carpenter, probably saw more of that side of the culture than others... Work with locals? Of course if he was there.

Bunch of questions that we don't yet have answers too. While my buddies did their tour in Afghan they were restricted too the base doing their normal duties on the Osprey. Similiar to Blokes this event has captured my attention and I'm waiting on answers.

This "New Black Panther Party" was supposedly heading to NO last night and joining the protesters, the same place that the purge rumors circulated on social media. Let's just hope nothing senseless happens tonight and things don't boil over.

Yes, many prayers for the families of the fallen police officers as well as the people of Dallas.

No way this guy was a lone wolf. We all better wake up and realize that the insurgency that was once confined to the Middle East is now here in America and the reason it has not grown exponentially is due to our superior law enforcement at the federal, state and local levels as well as an armed citizenry.

:thumbsup:

could have been removed for hospital reason. Scans, MRIs, etc... And nobody properly took care of his property.

I'm not saying it wasn't stolen. It could have been. But putting blame on someone without knowing for sure isn't the correct answer either. At the end of the day I hope he recovered. A missing ring is not the important thing in this instance.

Yeah... We thought that, but hospital had no record of it... Hospital could have took it.

1971. I was three. He was a fraction of an inch of becoming a quadriplegic... THANK GOD for my younger sister, mother was pregnant at time and she born in 1972. I don't think my father was in any condition to do you know what for a long time! ;-)

Still kicking in his 80s! Dude has 9 lives... He used to dive off the ledges @ Letchworth too... Extreme, before there was extreme! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois