Prayers for the City of Dallas

Yesterday the cop was back in his car writing out the ticket when the guy got out of his car and walked back to the cop and shot him.

I would not want to be a cop for anything in the world. Or the cop that knocks on the door at a domestic dispute and gets shot. They never know what is going to happen

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not (respect) when somebody dies over a broken tail light AND WAS A prior suspect. How did said cop know who he was even before getting his id?

We have too many of the wrong types of people in law enforcement jobs... People who take things way to personally. Creates too much drama. We need to move from warrior officers to guardian officers.

Yes. I realize that. I am also OCD and everything is in perfect, impeccable order. I am white too.

Most schelps out there don't even process a tail light is out or broken.

it wasn't a routine traffic stop for a broken tail light. It was a stop because he fit the description of an armed robbery suspect. He also had a weapon in his lap at the time.

Things move very fast in situations like this. You weren't there but if the cop asked for the driver to put his hands up and comply with direction and he veered from that in any way. It is an act of aggression regardless and you already know the driver had a weapon. What do you do?

Which leads me to another thing... The system, laws, etc... Is just too damn complicated. Almost everybody is doing something wrong. Some more glaring than others.

My prob that Nov. 12th 2015 night @ 23:12 was I was going to work... I saw the cop in the Shell gas station and was going to make a right when I noticed the train semaphore down... I blipped right and decided to go straight and cross at another crossing further up, seeing that was my general direction towards work. I stupidly caught his attention and he began following me for mile. I noticed him the whole time observing him leave the Shell gas station... He began tailing me. I moved legally over to let him pass, he got behind me again! I then legally moved over again to right, so he could pass... He got behind me again and lights went on. He stated he didn't like me "playing cat and mouse"... I said I saw him the whole time since leaving Shell, explained the RR crossing situation, going to work... He went on a "fishing expedition" to find something... I was squeaky clean.. Trumped up 40 in a 30. Got ticket and left.

Just imagine if I was black and really had an attitude for being harassed on my way to work?

I understand that the town is their personal playground... But people have things to do, places to be, taking things a little less personal should be in order... By all parties. He hated the fact that I was watching him more than he was watching me!

Thank God I was white and things in proper order (seatbelt, no weapon, no lapsed insurance, license, reg... Etc...).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5,995 as of 1 minute ago killed by a gun. That is 35 in a 24 hour period. That is disgusting

It's illegal to sleep naked with your spouse in Salam MA.

That doesn't even tell whole story... I bet that is x3.... Notice other causes on your site you posted... Like accidents.

There is no standard reporting... I betcha that # is loooow.

Which leads me to another thing... The system, laws, etc... Is just too damn complicated. Almost everybody is doing something wrong. Some more glaring than others.

My prob that Nov. 12th 2015 night @ 23:12 was I was going to work... I saw the cop in the Shell gas station and was going to make a right when I noticed the train semaphore down... I blipped right and decided to go straight and cross at another crossing further up, seeing that was my general direction towards work. I stupidly caught his attention and he began following me for mile. I noticed him the whole time observing him leave the Shell gas station... He began tailing me. I moved legally over to let him pass, he got behind me again! I then legally moved over again to right, so he could pass... He got behind me again and lights went on. He stated he didn't like me "playing cat and mouse"... I said I saw him the whole time since leaving Shell, explained the RR crossing situation, going to work... He went on a "fishing expedition" to find something... I was squeaky clean.. Trumped up 40 in a 30. Got ticket and left.

Just imagine if I was black and really had an attitude for being harassed on my way to work?

I understand that the town is their personal playground... But people have things to do, places to be, taking things a little less personal should be in order... By all parties. He hated the fact that I was watching him more than he was watching me!

Thank God I was white and things in proper order (seatbelt, no weapon, no lapsed insurance, license, reg... Etc...).

You complied. Other people do not. Big difference

That is just people shot and killed.

You complied. Other people do not. Big difference

Yes! But I put myself into that clusterphuck pissing contest. I don't expect people to be as saintly. I forget to pay Allstate that month and policy lapse (not so bad in Illinois. But a forced plate state like NYS)... I am up Sheets Creek without a paddle), miss work, things snowball.

People get scared and refuse to put down the entrenching tool!

Here is a good example of how Castillos traffic stop could have went. Did you see the driver pull out a gun in time to stop him in the first take???

I know I didn't. And much like the officer first in line, I would have been shot.

I am sorry Mods for going on... This will be my last word. Get thread on topic.

Woulda, coulda. You are the officer, you are in control. If I didn't see him, I was not in control of the approach, situation.

Gun ain't gonna save. You did something wrong or just got unlucky.

In this day and age... Every encounter has to be treated with most impeccable care. That is why it is a hard job that pays d*ck. Thankless too.

On the way to work I got pulled over 5 years ago because the cop behind me ran my plate. My plate is a Buffalo Bills sports plate with RANDE ON IT.

He says do you know why I pulled you over? I Say no. He says your plate belongs on a red car . I said I had a red truck 8 years ago.

He takes my license and registration back to his car, he was in the car 15 minutes . When he comes back he says you're all set he says I didn't run your plate as a sports plate.

I say to him I think we both learned something tonight, makes a difference if you have a sports plate .

He says I never knew that there was a difference. He says you're right we did both learn something and I went to work

Thanks for clarification. So he deserved to die? Just because he had an illegal weapon and made no attempt on said officer's life?

Did he not state he had said weapon. Officer needs to move from warrior mode and into guardian mode here.

What is the info coming out on the officer, what is his story?

I guess you'd feel better if the perp had shot the officer.

I am sorry Mods for going on... This will be my last word. Get thread on topic.

Woulda, coulda. You are the officer, you are in control. If I didn't see him, I was not in control of the approach, situation.

Gun ain't gonna save. You did something wrong or just got unlucky.

In this day and age... Every encounter has to be treated with most impeccable care. That is why it is a hard job that pays d*ck. Thankless too.

why should cops be put out in front and expect to be shot or assaulted in order to respond?

Also, the whole thing we're arguing about here is the altercation that ended up shooting and killing Castillo. Which none of us was there or know how the situation went. Your mad that he was shot and killed and claim that he didn't deserve to die. Yet in almost the same breath you talk about how in another video the cop didn't control the situation.... So which is it? The one cop didn't control the situation and was shot and the other did control the situation and walks away to kiss his children that night.

I respect you Exilled, we have always gotten along. But unless your the officer in that position you cannot speak from experience in this instance.

Your simply believing what the woman in the car is saying in her video. Which was proven to be false. Castillo did not have a concealed carry permit and it was not a traffic stop for a busted tail light. I guess you decide to beilieve who you want.

I guess you'd feel better if the perp had shot the officer.

No. Not at all.

We need to examine a lot of things...We are throwing 25 year olds into this God awful position the way we police, make ticky tacky revenue generating road stops. Now throw the open arming of the citizenry into the mix. It is the young ones that get most of the sh*t beats... Yet, we expect them to be the least green.

why should cops be put out in front and expect to be shot or assaulted in order to respond?

Also, the whole thing we're arguing about here is the altercation that ended up shooting and killing Castillo. Which none of us was there or know how the situation went. Your mad that he was shot and killed and claim that he didn't deserve to die. Yet in almost the same breath you talk about how in another video the cop didn't control the situation.... So which is it? The one cop didn't control the situation and was shot and the other did control the situation and walks away to kiss his children that night.

I respect you Exilled, we have always gotten along. But unless your the officer in that position you cannot speak from experience in this instance.

Your simply believing what the woman in the car is saying in her video. Which was proven to be false. Castillo did not have a concealed carry permit and it was not a traffic stop for a busted tail light. I guess you decide to beilieve who you want.

I the issue is deeper than just a dead guy. It goes way deeper. It isn't about Us and Them. It is about WE as one.

I the issue is deeper than just a dead guy. It goes way deeper. It isn't about Us and Them. It is about WE as one.

thats easily said if your not an officer with a gun in your face. Which is what this whole argument is about.

Cool event in Dallas right now. People are standing in long lines to hug officers to let them know they are appreciated.

All races are involved. Let's not let the few bad seeds write the story.

It's amazing how most human beings react to tragedy. It's also a little heartbreaking that it takes tragedy for scenes like that to happen.

We all have the capacity to do good. We just don't seem to do it enough or without severe provocation.

Cool event in Dallas right now. People are standing in long lines to hug officers to let them know they are appreciated.

That is awesome.

Bad apples that the media always want to make out as mr perfect.

Any chance they can reincarnate a few lost fathers and husbands so their kids and wives can dry their eyes and sleep tonight? The damage is done and from what it sounds like with the MN shooting at least half of this "outrage" may have been misplaced. Running around with pretty little signs No Justice No peace, ignoring that cops are actually citizens who also get the benefit of being presumed innocent. Calling cops pigs, allowing "The New Black Panther Party" to attend and be part of their demonstrations in NO.

Looks to me like they need to get their act sorted out. Whats the common denominator in the latest two incidents? Both victims were black? Should we instead be focused on the fact that both were illegally carrying handguns? That seems important. All the signs saying it could be my kid next yada yada, for starters I hope those same kids are being taught respect for their parents, community's, and themselves. #guntoting

Everyone always cites the injustices while dealing with police. It's not a perfect world, that is the easy answer. Some cops suck. Some situations are impossible. Some people are impossible. Full disclosure im white, my brother is white. We moved to North Andover Massachusetts when he got out of the Marine Core....we were "pulled" over while jogging multiple times. Oh the outrage two big bald guys jogging through my yuppie neighborhood. Who cares right? Right. Not me and not you, that's just life.

The long term answer has to be about better parenting, teaching, and role models. Those same mothers and fathers out on the streets tonight displaying their anger better be sure they are spending the rest of their time investing in their kids future and not instilling hate. Folks can say they want to improve but if your part of the problem you should probably stay home and fix what's yours. IMO stop following Shaun King on Twitter and start following Annie Apple. That's a start.