Buddy Ryan has died at 82

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP.

Another article post death.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16590281/rough-edges-buddy-ryan-had-love-respect-former-players

"The Oilers were playing the Jets in their 16th game of the season, a meaningless game, where the whole point was to get the damn game over and run the ball," Hampton said. "But Gilbride kept calling a bunch of pass plays and Buddy was like, 'Are you nuts?' He had a bunch of guys who were beat up and he kept sending them back out onto the field and he couldn't take it.

"That's why players loved Buddy. That's why his players loved him. That's why so many times in so many ways, it would manifest itself in a way that we knew Buddy loved us and would go to war for us."

I get sentimental at these times as I actually like Rex, I just want him to back up his comments on the field. For he and his brother's sake, I hope they do it and can look up in heaven to dad and let them know they won.

Buddy was a legend. It's been a nice day of rememberance on the radio for Buddy's impact today. I truly am sorry for Rex and Rob's loss. I know personally how much it affects you losing a parent. It's so obvious how much they looked up to their dad.

An Irish Toast,

"May the road rise to meet you Buddy,

May the wind always be at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until you meet your family again,

May God hold you in the Palm of his hands"

It's what we say at every funeral.

God bless Buddy.

RIP Buddy.

Now I am really glad Rob joined the staff this year. Rough losing a parent but at least Rex and Rob are able to lean on one another afterwards.

I was going to post something along these lines.

Well done.

My sincere condolences to Rob and Rex.

Let his memory live, within his Sons and Family.

May Buddy rest in peace.

I get sentimental at these times as I actually like Rex, I just want him to back up his comments on the field. For he and his brother's sake, I hope they do it and can look up in heaven to dad and let them know they won.

Buddy was a legend. It's been a nice day of rememberance on the radio for Buddy's impact today. I truly am sorry for Rex and Rob's loss. I know personally how much it affects you losing a parent. It's so obvious how much they looked up to their dad.

An Irish Toast,

"May the road rise to meet you Buddy,

May the wind always be at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until you meet your family again,

May God hold you in the Palm of his hands"

It's what we say at every funeral.

God bless Buddy.

God Bless you too MGK

That is how it should be done my friend

Buddy's 85 defense was the best I've ever seen. He was also one of the most entertaining coaches I've ever witnessed. God bless you buddy! Rob and Rex will coach their butts off in memory of their dad this year