Topic of the day 6/27: What is your worst game day memory?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me being only 25 and really becoming a die hard fan when I was 14...my whole tenure as a die hard has just been a bad blur. I can't pinpoint a specific game was last year was particularly bad. I'm a realist, I never get optimistic, but I thought the bills were a good team. A playoff team. Seeing them crap the bed last year losing games we should have won. But last years KC game was terrible. We were the better team with the potential for playoffs and more. And I believe losing that game was probably my worst experience as a bills fan. It's more because of expectations for the team that season

The Brian Brohm Experience in Atlanta in 2009. Quite possibly the worst sporting event I've ever attended, at any level.

The Jeff Tuel 108 yd pick six happened right in front of me too. That blew.

Edited by jimmy10

August 17, 1973. First ever game at Rich. I'm ten and a HUGE fan. My dad got two season tickets. My dad took my frickin little sister because it was her birthday. Then Herb Mul-Key returns the opening kick for a TD. My dad is still alive and I remind him at least once a year how he f'd up my childhood with that fateful decision.

A coworker and friend of mine died of a heart attack in the parking lot outside of the Ralph after the Broncos game in 19997. The traffic was so backed up that the ambulance could not get to him on time. I have not attended to many games after that.

Thanks for cheering us all up!

August 17, 1973. First ever game at Rich. I'm ten and a HUGE fan. My dad got two season tickets. My dad took my frickin little sister because it was her birthday. Then Herb Mul-Key returns the opening kick for a TD. My dad is still alive and I remind him at least once a year how he f'd up my childhood with that fateful decision.

Similar story. Same year.

I was 11. My Dad would let me pick out two games a year and then order tickets via mail somehow. We had the Chiefs at home for the first MNF game ever in Buffalo.

So, I had been looking forward to this game for many months. Nothing was bigger in my life. And, now OJ could go over 1000 yards in just 7 games.

But, disaster struck - I was sick! I'm not sure when I got sick, but on game day I was sick as hell. But, I kept insisting I was going. I don't care if my temp is 102. I'm OK!!

I still remember my father making the call to somebody else to go with him. (With me bawling - no!)

Smashcut to 9PM and I'm lying in bed with now a 103 temp and the game was only on radio - and Rick Azar comes on and says "And, what do we do in Buffalo on a cold rainy October night. We sit in the rain and watch football." I said not me! Dammit!

That game was bittersweet. But, I overcame my bitterness because of OJ going over 1000, and our shiny record - and the fact that no !@#$ing way could I have been at that game because I was wayyyyy too sick. My parents were right, as usual.

Unless I missed something, I am literally shocked no one has mentioned the 2004 Bledsoe led Bills...at the time it was probably the best team we had since Kelly led Bills, LOST on the final game of the season against the Pittsburgh Steelers BACKUPS to miss the playoffs. We win, we are in the playoffs...we lose, we go home and the crappy Jets are gifted an undeserving spot.

At full strength, we choked the game away against their backups as they had their seed locked up. It was so disgusting...not because we missed the playoffs (if memory serves me, I think we started slow like 0-4 that year) but because we choked away a game that we were essentially being gifted against 2nd string players. I mean the QB was Brian St. Pierre...I bet little to no one here even remembers that QB, or knows who he is. I had to look it up myself, thats how irrelevant he was...but he led Pitt to a victory along side backups at every other position to keep us out of the playoffs. Just pathetic...and considering Bledsoe was our QB, how this could happen is only comprehensible by Bills fans.

It was literally one of the more embarrassing Bills moments for me...In fact, the 3 single most disappointing moments for me in all of my Bills memory was Wide Right, MCM, and this game. In all 3 cases, we should have won...all 3

Edited by Alphadawg7

Thanks for cheering us all up!

Last game i attended was with my then young Son. he was a Patriots fan and playing Pop Warner. So he was about 12.

The fans were giving him **** for cheering The Pats. and then threw beer at us. ( I was a Bills Fan ) He stopped cheering and felt bad.

If i was not trying to set a good example things could have gone differently.

That was the last game i went to and i also stopped watching Bills football. and then Football altogether.

My Son is grown an more mature than I am. And now a Raiders fan, we still talk Bills as I recently got interested again.

But i carry some anger over that day still. He forgave , i have not.

Edited by 3rdand12

The first game after 9/11 when I walked over during pregame to shout "good luck!" at the players coming out of the tunnel like I usually did, but a bunch of security swarmed me and said if I didn't have seats next to the tunnel I couldn't stand there. Broke my heart.

Last game i attended was with my then young Son. he was a Patriots fan and playing Pop Warner. So he was about 12.

The fans were giving him **** for cheering The Pats. and then threw beer at us. ( I was a Bills Fan ) He stopped cheering and felt bad.

That was the last game i went to and i also stopped watching Bills football. and then Football altogether.

My Son is grown an more mature than I am. And now a Raiders fan, we still talk Bills as I recently got interested again.

That's terrible 3/12. Shame on Bills fans if not meant in good fun with your son.

This year, we are flying up for the Bills/ Cardinals game as we do every year for one game. My middle son has been a huge fan of the Cards since he was little and Fitz rented a house in our neighborhood for the Steelers/Cards SB when he was 6. He wants to wear his Cards jersey for the game. We'll be in a group of 24 with my uncles, brother, cousins, and nephews. Good teasing is just fine, but what your describing is not.

I can only hope to be as much of a gentleman as you. Ryan ( my son) is a huge Bills fan as well. I will not take well to people going over the top with my boy. I've told him Bills fans kid, but they are good people. I only hope they live up to that description.

A Glass Half Full Guy might point out all the years of therapy you may have avoided by missing that kick in the gut live. I just HEARD it from outside waiting to get in and it still haunts me...

Well, that really does blow! But it could be worse....how would you like to go through life as the jerk who threw the beer? You won that day, as sad as that seems.

That's terrible 3/12. Shame on Bills fans if not meant in good fun with your son.

This year, we are flying up for the Bills/ Cardinals game as we do every year for one game. My middle son has been a huge fan of the Cards since he was little and Fitz rented a house in our neighborhood for the Steelers/Cards SB when he was 6. He wants to wear his Cards jersey for the game. We'll be in a group of 24 with my uncles, brother, cousins, and nephews. Good teasing is just fine, but what your describing is not.

I can only hope to be as much of a gentleman as you. Ryan ( my son) is a huge Bills fan as well. I will not take well to people going over the top with my boy. I've told him Bills fans kid, but they are good people. I only hope they live up to that description.

I bet it was an isolated incident for us. I had some great times at game previous to that !!

I hope you and Family have a grand ole time !

And that should be one hell of a game to attend.

How the heck you all coordinated 24 family members etc is a gift in and of itself !!!

jealous/

:thumbsup:

A Glass Half Full Guy might point out all the years of therapy you may have avoided by missing that kick in the gut live. I just HEARD it from outside waiting to get in and it still haunts me...

Well, that really does blow! But it could be worse....how would you like to go through life as the jerk who threw the beer? You won that day, as sad as that seems.

Like i said the Boy has likely forgotten it. All part of growing up I suppose.

I am rather hardheaded, if you guys have yet to notice...

Unless I missed something, I am literally shocked no one has mentioned the 2004 Bledsoe led Bills...at the time it was probably the best team we had since Kelly led Bills, LOST on the final game of the season against the Pittsburgh Steelers BACKUPS to miss the playoffs. We win, we are in the playoffs...we lose, we go home and the crappy Jets are gifted an undeserving spot.

while the game sucked big balls, it was not a "win and your in" deal. The Jets also needed to lose to the Rams that day. That game was a very close game, and the Jets were actually winning when the Bills game went final. Jets game went to OT, but by then had pulled starters as thier playoff berth was assured.

Still an awful game, and never trusted Lindell after that awful miss.