Restaurant Guide To Buffalo For Visitors

Best kept Italian secret in Buffalo is Linguine's out in Lancaster/Bowmansville. It's in a gas station plaza, and is the closest thing to eating at your Italian grandmother's house you will find. Way more than just a "red sauce and pasta" place like Chef's.

Genesee & Harris Hill?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best kept Italian secret in Buffalo is Linguine's out in Lancaster/Bowmansville. It's in a gas station plaza, and is the closest thing to eating at your Italian grandmother's house you will find. Way more than just a "red sauce and pasta" place like Chef's.

Ahhh!!! You beat me to it! I love Lingunie's. I always get the VEAL MARSALA!!!

• No Mighty. That's a taco. You guys from Buffalo think it's fast food, but when you've been gone for 25 years, I love the fact I can order on-line.
  • What about Beef on Weck? I don't know if Eckels is still open in Orchard Park, but they were awesome growing up. Personally I grew up working at the K of C in Lackawanna and they had the best BOW,
  • Pizza - Our favorite was Blasdell or Abbott Pizza as it tasted the same as both owners were best friends.
  • Lastly, how do you not include Hoaks as the Best Fish Fry on the planet.

Can you tell I grew up in the Southtowns as a kid. Other than the best people, and I mean that, I miss the food. I loved the Wegmans comment on the article. Best grocery store on the planet. My sis is a VP for them. She's worked there for 30 years since college.

All of this, plus Connor's and Schwabl's.

Genesee & Harris Hill?

That's the one!

Ahhh!!! You beat me to it! I love Lingunie's. I always get the VEAL MARSALA!!!

Yep, and I always go with the Linguine Shrimp w/Tomato Asiago Cream & Olives. After starting with a Stuffed Artichoke of course! :thumbsup:

You really cant go wrong.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I ate at Schwabl's about a year ago. It was like $13 for and open faced roast beef sandwich at lunchtime and it came on wonder bread. It was average, was not impressed.

• No Mighty. That's a taco. You guys from Buffalo think it's fast food, but when you've been gone for 25 years, I love the fact I can order on-line.
  • What about Beef on Weck? I don't know if Eckels is still open in Orchard Park, but they were awesome growing up. Personally I grew up working at the K of C in Lackawanna and they had the best BOW,
  • Pizza - Our favorite was Blasdell or Abbott Pizza as it tasted the same as both owners were best friends.

Can you tell I grew up in the Southtowns as a kid. Other than the best people, and I mean that, I miss the food. I loved the Wegmans comment on the article. Best grocery store on the planet. My sis is a VP for them. She's worked there for 30 years since college.

I second the best fish fry nomination for Hoaks. Having that last name does not in any way make me biased. :thumbsup:

I ate at Schwabl's about a year ago. It was like $13 for and open faced roast beef sandwich at lunchtime and it came on wonder bread. It was average, was not impressed.

It's been many years, but I never had anything but beef on weck at Schwabl's. I was vaguely aware they ahead a menu beyond that....

I'm moving a washer for a friend tomorrow and she's treating me to tacos... were they good?

they are the best in wny. Very authentic. I usually get 1 carne asada and 1 barbacoa. The asada is steak and the other is a saucy shredded beef. 2 is sufficient for me, but you'll be working up an appetite. They sell beer there too.

My family is very close with the old owner of Abbot Pizza. Great sauce and always consistent pies.

We loved Schwabl's for the BOW. My parents were big fans of the Mansard for steak as well. Funny, reading this thread I'm getting hungry.

I just skimmed the article (fun read by the way) but did they leave off Ted's? Nothing better than a charbroiled Sahlen's, with Ted's hot sauce, onion rings and ice cold Loganberry.

Nice call Yolo. I never appreciated Ted's until I left Buffalo.

BUFFALOBART will be conducting a "how to properly cook chicken wings" clinic @ 13 Glen St. off of Abbott Rd. prior to every regular season home game this season. Stop by, if you are interested. :-)

If i attend a game this year, this is on my list !!

BTW

This is probably the best thread i have seen in the last couple years. Its Buffalo at its heart, which is through the stomach..

Good eating !!

DiTondo's is legit. Weird operating hours but excellent food.

My thoughts on pizza in WNY: it mostly sucks. Mostly.

Really? Maybe things are changing but I've always thought the pizza in WNY blows the doors off of pizza on the West Coast, for example. Or most international pizza.

My family is very close with the old owner of Abbot Pizza. Great sauce and always consistent pies.

I used to rave about Mighty Taco. It was awesome when it was new. Now, it's just another non-authentic Mexican-inspired fast food joint.