Restaurant Guide To Buffalo For Visitors

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Leonardi's in Amherst is the best pizza in Buffalo if not the world.

Mulberry in Lackawanna is outstanding Italian.

Conlon's is a hole in the wall on Abbott where everything is home made from scratch and is freaking great.

If you are looking for a breakfast sandwich, Maybeck's on Niagara Falls Blvd.

Chick parm sub? Mattina's on Delaware is hit and miss but when they hit it is money.

Lebro's in Getzville is great Italian as well.

Elmo's has some money chicken wings. Duff's of course. Gabriel's Gate has money wings as well.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to go to Chef's for lunch when DiTondo's is right down the street. Limited menu and not open for dinner(except for Fridays). Never had a bad meal there.

DIsclaimer...Either get there at 11:30AM, or wait until 1:00PM. Otherwise they will be swamped with downtown workers.

I'm glad they didn't mention (or know about?) my favorite taco spot, because it's getting too crowded....

La Davina? Haven't been there yet my kids rave about it

Paula's, ever notice everyone there is 100# to 200# overweight?

I loved Mulberrys, last time there it looked like every dinner portion was cut in half. I'm done

Got to try Gab's Gate too. Beef on weck go to Blackthorn, beer cheddar soup too

Request from BPA and the rest of you.

Do any of you know of any sub places around here that have:

1. Shredded Lettuce, and

2. Oil that tastes like something a little more than oil...like if they add malt vinegar to it?

Been years since I've had the "perfect" sub, assorted, stake or otherwise.

Johns Pizza has shredded lettuce and their oil has oil, vinegar, multiple spices to go along with it.

I loved Mulberrys, last time there it looked like every dinner portion was cut in half. I'm done

Sshhhhhhh!!!!

"need" :lol:

Yes Yolo, need. Again, I bought my house because it's 2 blocks from the Tonawanda location. I have an issue.

Maybe I'm just going to Paula's at the wrong time--I haven't ever noticed that. There does always seem to be, without fail, that one table of dudes in their 70's that are all halfway through their coffee.

Sshhhhhhh!!!!

La Divina is AWESOME! Best kept *not so much* secret in Kenmore.

Johns Pizza has shredded lettuce and their oil has oil, vinegar, multiple spices to go along with it.

For me, 290 to south on the NFB. A little bit of a drive, but worth it to me.

Thanks, rags!

NOTE: I have forwarded that article to a few people. Nice for people to have handy whether they are visiting or just locals.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I love Paula's donuts and there's some very good stuff on the list, but Chef's is not. It was the biggest disappointment I had as far as recommendations I got after moving here. The sauce was so sweet I couldn't eat my meal.

Exactly. Only real complaint I have is Chef's is awful. The boys in Attica eat better.

I like Chef's, but it's definitely overrated as far as Italian food goes. If you're looking for homestyle Italian, Romeo & Juliet's, Mulberry's, and Carmine's (which I'm told will re-open next year) are all pretty solid. For upscale Italian, you can't beat Lombardo or Trattoria Aroma, unless you're wanting pasta--Sinatra's has the best pasta in the area.

Then there are the places that deftly combine solid Italian food and incredible drinks--Cecilia's and Vera Pizzaeria. Cecilia's is the go-to for Martini lovers, whereas Vera is a must if your'e a craft cocktail guy.

Best kept Italian secret in Buffalo is Linguine's out in Lancaster/Bowmansville. It's in a gas station plaza, and is the closest thing to eating at your Italian grandmother's house you will find. Way more than just a "red sauce and pasta" place like Chef's.

La Divina is AWESOME! Best kept *not so much* secret in Kenmore.

What is so great about it? I'm headed to SJF for TC on Aug 2nd, and then will spend a day in Buffalo on the 3rd before getting back to catch practice on the 4th, and am looking to find some good places to eat, and LA Divina sounds like a place to hit. Is it in the "authentic mexican" side of things, or just really well done tacos...?

And I can guarantee that we will be at the Buffalo Brew Pub at least once, I love their wings.

This list is well done i think, and one we can point to when someone asks "in town for my first Bills game, Where should I go"

Good for natives to as we come back for games.

http://grossmisconducthockey.com/?p=1030

Thanks for this! I actually printed it to save for my next trip to Buffalo. I've eaten at virtually none of the restaurants mentioned.

My son and his friends are in Kenmore. From looking at FB, they just about live at that place. I got to get there

Making the fixings of a taco is not so difficult. It's the tortilla that makes it, and theirs are the best in the area.

Btw, probably the only place that sells "lengua" tacos too.

Edited by TPS

No reason to go to Chef's for lunch when DiTondo's is right down the street. Limited menu and not open for dinner(except for Fridays). Never had a bad meal there.

DIsclaimer...Either get there at 11:30AM, or wait until 1:00PM. Otherwise they will be swamped with downtown workers.

DiTondo's is legit. Weird operating hours but excellent food.

My thoughts on pizza in WNY: it mostly sucks. Mostly.

What is so great about it? I'm headed to SJF for TC on Aug 2nd, and then will spend a day in Buffalo on the 3rd before getting back to catch practice on the 4th, and am looking to find some good places to eat, and LA Divina sounds like a place to hit. Is it in the "authentic mexican" side of things, or just really well done tacos...?

And I can guarantee that we will be at the Buffalo Brew Pub at least once, I love their wings.

If you're looking for a dining experience, it's not the place to go. It's a Mexican store that has a couple flat top stoves and a few counters to sit at. They sell tacos, tortas, and quesadillas. That's it. Like someone else mentioned the tortillas are awesome and everything is fresh and delicious. They have a toppings bar as well so you can get the taco any way you want. Very authentic experience.