Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll bet the Blackhawks want him to stay out of Buffalo since he seems to get in so much trouble at home.

Probably right. The only thing I liked about that guy was how much he loved Buffalo - now that's gone, too.

Ennis , especially in the first last night, looks like he is getting his legs and his confidence back. Robin looked good last night...who knows, maybe the debacle in Philly did something positive for this group.

As you noted the Philly disappointment seems to have made an impression on this team. There was no let down and sloppy play from the beginning to the end of the game.

Because of a lack of firepower with the absence of two of their top goal scorers this team is playing a two-way grinding style of play. The biggest beneficiary of this disciplined and defensive style of play are their goaltenders. The starting goalies are seeing the puck and they are allowing the tenders to be very composed and efficient without much scrambling and frantic reactions. The team's style of play so far can best be described as a road-game style of play. It is proving to be successful.

Just an observation: Justin Bailey is big but his most impressive attribute is his speed. I see him staying with the big club.

Oh sure, win three in a row just to suck us back in.

Being sucked in with wins is better than being deflated with losses. Without a doubt moving forward is better than falling back.

I actually watched a win!

The jinx is over. Hallelujah!

Look who is atop the rookie goal scoring charts.

Can't fault GMTM for taking a shot, sure would have been nice to have him in the blue and gold.

http://bluelinestation.com/2016/11/01/new-york-rangers-jimmy-veseys-exceding-expectations/

Don't forget that he didn't have to go to the shittiest teams like the other top rookies. He's playing on a pretty good team.

My, how perspective can change over the course of four days! Impressive 3-game run by these guys; hope they can keep it up until the cavalry (Eichel/Kane) arrives.

I hear that but, realistically, I'm not expecting anything out of Eichel until after the new year. He's gonna need a few weeks to get his speed and strength back. I just hope we are patient with his game as he's rounding back into form.

Just an observation: Justin Bailey is big but his most impressive attribute is his speed. I see him staying with the big club.

I agree. It won't show up in any stat line, but the play he made last night to beat the defender to the puck and avoid the icing call was big at that juncture. Instead of a tired team and a faceoff in our zone, we made a change and actually burned 40 seconds of time as well. All because he hustled with that speed.

Reports were that he was pissed about getting sent down and was also mad about not being the first call up. I like that. His game is very Kane like in terms of that speed and power on the boards. I hope he stays mad enough to stick and make an impression.

I hear that but, realistically, I'm not expecting anything out of Eichel until after the new year. He's gonna need a few weeks to get his speed and strength back. I just hope we are patient with his game as he's rounding back into form.

Probably posted by 26, but worth a repeat even if so. Maybe he will be back in December...

Jack Eichel (ankle) isn't sporting the walking boot anymore that he had on since he was injured during practice on Oct. 12.
"Jack [Thursday], was at two weeks and a day and got the boot off," coach Dan Bylsma said. "I don't know exactly what his exercise level that he moved to, but I know that he was walking in the boot for a few days before [Thursday] and got the boot off [Thursday] and we saw him walking around postgame [Thursday] with the boot off." Eichel isn't expected to be available to return until December. Oct 28 - 4:41 PM
Also...
Evander Kane (cracked ribs) is almost ready to resume workouts.
"He's closer to starting cardiovascular [workouts] off the ice," coach Dan Bylsma said. "It would probably be another three to five days. We'll see when he's going to progress, I would say." Kane was injured in Buffalo's season opener against Montreal back on Oct. 13. Oct 28 - 4:48 PM
Edited by ricojes

Probably posted by 26, but worth a repeat even if so. Maybe he will be back in December...

Jack Eichel (ankle) isn't sporting the walking boot anymore that he had on since he was injured during practice on Oct. 12.
"Jack [Thursday], was at two weeks and a day and got the boot off," coach Dan Bylsma said. "I don't know exactly what his exercise level that he moved to, but I know that he was walking in the boot for a few days before [Thursday] and got the boot off [Thursday] and we saw him walking around postgame [Thursday] with the boot off." Eichel isn't expected to be available to return until December. Oct 28 - 4:41 PM
Also...
Evander Kane (cracked ribs) is almost ready to resume workouts.
"He's closer to starting cardiovascular [workouts] off the ice," coach Dan Bylsma said. "It would probably be another three to five days. We'll see when he's going to progress, I would say." Kane was injured in Buffalo's season opener against Montreal back on Oct. 13. Oct 28 - 4:48 PM

Yeah, I expect him to be back by December.

I don't expect him to be back to being Eichel until weeks later.

> Huuuuge props to those kids for picking up 4 points on that nasty little road trip. I thought the schedule makers gave them a rough ride there but they handled it like a squad of veterans.

> Wondering if Lehner was affected by that flu even before they sat him down; he already looks much better than he did prior to that. If that dude can stay healthy and keep his emotions in check, that could turn out to be a brilliant acquisition that most of us questioned at the time.

> I'm glad GMTM doesn't like Russians. I'm also glad that when he decides to bring one on board he chooses a nasty Slav like #77. I love the Bogosian/Kulikov pairing; in the long run they might be better off splitting them but for now they are great to watch.

> I'm surprised to see some shade being thrown at Bylsma. I think he's a great coach and a perfect fit for this young team; I also think that those of you who don't like him are going to end up pleasantly surprised.

> Big week coming up with 4 straight division games; I'm geeked to see if they can keep it rolling with some points that really mean something

> Also loving how the kids are developing. Foligno is better, Larsson is better, Girgensons is better, McCabe is better, Bogosian is better, etc

> Speaking of Bogosian, anybody know how his knee is? He's been playing great hockey and I'd hate to lose him too.