Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Less fans are willing to sell their seats.

You really think so? They said that there were still box office tickets (although I don't think they understand how highly priced those box office tickets are - probably more than the secondary market was)

Less fans are willing to sell their seats.

You really think so? They said that there were still box office tickets (although I don't think they understand how highly priced those box office tickets are - probably more than the secondary market was)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seemed like there were plenty of leafs fans there on tv?

You run into a hot goalie sometimes, it just happens in hockey. They were buzzing all around the net, especially in the third, but Anderson played great.

I am okay with last night. Of course, it was against the Leafs D..but still, that effort will get at least a point per game till Eich gets back.

BTW, Philly wins again in S/O last night. That team made the playoffs last year with a great OT/SO record, looks like they might again. 3 regulation wins, yes 3, out of 12 games, and as of right now in a playoff spot!

These 3 point games just have to go

Edited by plenzmd1

You should see some of the spectacular saves Andersen made last night. The guy was unreal.

As you are saying give credit where it was due. The Leaf goaltender was superb. He made a number of phenomenal stops. The Sabres gave consistent effort and played a hard nosed game. They were doing a lot of banging. I felt that the Sabres were the stronger team while the Leafs were the quicker team.

The player who stood out for me in this game was Foligno. He not only is a strong and feisty player but he also has some skill. The player who not necessarily didn't play badly but didn't play smartly was Ennis. There was a number of times (pointed out by the commentators) that instead of making the simple play which was the better play he made the more flashy play that wasn't the best play to put his linemates in a good position to score. More often than not the simple and more economical play is more effective than the dazzling play with more motion that produces little.

Overall, it was disappointing to lose and end a winning streak but it was a good brand of hockey to watch.

As you are saying give credit where it was due. The Leaf goaltender was superb. He made a number of phenomenal stops. The Sabres gave consistent effort and played a hard nosed game. They were doing a lot of banging. I felt that the Sabres were the stronger team while the Leafs were the quicker team.

The player who stood out for me in this game was Foligno. He not only is a strong and feisty player but he also has some skill. The player who not necessarily didn't play badly but didn't play smartly was Ennis. There was a number of times (pointed out by the commentators) that instead of making the simple play which was the better play he made the more flashy play that wasn't the best play to put his linemates in a good position to score. More often than not the simple and more economical play is more effective than the dazzling play with more motion that produces little.

Overall, it was disappointing to lose and end a winning streak but it was a good brand of hockey to watch.

Agreed. Seems he can't shake off the Afinogenofitis. Makes a couple of great moves to get free, then inexplicably tries to make another move and loses the puck, instead of dishing to an open line mate.

Agreed. Seems he can't shake off the Afinogenofitis. Makes a couple of great moves to get free, then inexplicably tries to make another move and loses the puck, instead of dishing to an open line mate.

The showboat style of playing that garners gasps from the crowd with little production does not fit in with the Bylsma's more disciplined style of play and philosophy. Bylsma is a coach who believes in structure as most coaches do in the NHL. This isn't junior hockey where standout players roam all over the ice over their inferior opponents. The NHL league is composed of fast and strong players where decisions have to be made quickly. While Eichel and Kane are out of the lineup this is a good time for Ennis to earn top two line minutes. If he continues to dance around Bylsma will move him down the pecking order and eventually make him an expendable player in a deal.

I agree. I hate the way the NHL treats ties. Playing for a regulation tie gets rewarded with an extra point being handed out. That's stupid.

I like the way soccer does it. Three points for a win, one point for a tie.

So no overtime or shootout?

So no overtime or shootout?

Well, I'm not necessarily against that. I know that hockey fans hate ties. I just object to that extra point being given out and a tie (overtime loss) being worth half as much as a win. I'd like to see a win being worth more in relation to a tie.

Well, I'm not necessarily against that. I know that hockey fans hate ties. I just object to that extra point being given out and a tie (overtime loss) being worth half as much as a win. I'd like to see a win being worth more in relation to a tie.

I would take away the point for the OT loss/shootout loss. 2 points to the winner only. Keeps the exciting OT, but only rewards the winner.

I would take away the point for the OT loss/shootout loss. 2 points to the winner only. Keeps the exciting OT, but only rewards the winner.

The only way I'd ever do this is with continuous overtime. No points (including the fake winner point they hand out right now) should ever be determined by a skills competition.

You run into a hot goalie sometimes, it just happens in hockey. They were buzzing all around the net, especially in the third, but Anderson played great.

You should see some of the spectacular saves Andersen made last night. The guy was unreal.

I was "stuck" watching Rangers/Oilers. So you're right, I didn't see the game and by all accounts here, Andersen was up to the task. It would be nice to have a couple guys who can finish, though -- regardless of our injured players.

I've been hoping for this for years. As it is now (3 point games), it is nearly impossible for one team to gain on another in the standings.

I thought Jake McCabe stood out as well. He was flying all over the ice, really showing his speed.