Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sabres game starts at 3:00 -- likely long after the Bills game is still in doubt.

Yea, but i am only making 4 games this year in Buffalo...so no way am i leaving either the game or the lot early. But, i can record on the Genie, and then stream it to the 46 inch TV we bring to the games. BTW Eric, we will be watching the Cinci-SanFran during the tailgate...

k7jpxC74_200x200.jpgVS. Kz-5VQ0O_200x200.jpg

CvxvyLJW8AAn8mf.jpg

WILD (4-2-1) at SABRES (1-2-2)

THU OCT 27, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 17)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 5 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 5 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16) – 4 games
Robin Lehner (illness, Oct. 25) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/21: Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste, F Hudson Fasching and D Casey Nelson to Rochester (AHL)
10/23: Recalled F Hudson Fasching and D Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL)
10/24: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Oct. 29: Florida at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 1: Buffalo at Minnesota, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 3: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

WILD at SABRES
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
Last meeting: Minnesota defeated Buffalo, 3-2 (SO), in Buffalo on March 5
Next meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 1 in Minnesota
The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 2-6-1 in nine home games.
This is the 19th game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has an 8-9-1 series record.
The Sabres are 2-6-1 at home against the Wild all-time.

Morning Skate: October 27, 2016 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

@BuffaloSabres

A special edition of #SharpenUp with info on #HockeyFightsCancer - Please be in your seats early tonight: http://bufsabres.co/SfstaG

Cvx0buCWEAEMC2r.jpg

Blow a 3-0 lead Tuesday, get shut out at home Wednesday. This Sabres team is some kind of awful. This goes deeper than losing Eichel.

C'ant fire the players..Bye Bye Disco.

To the experts:

Is this team realistically worse than the tank team? I get that they're young and individuals among them will improve but on the ice they are horribly bad. Murray hype has to end because he has assembled nothing.

They are playing worse that's for damn sure. Will say you have been down on this team from last year..thought you crazy...maybe crazy like a fox.

And I am a idiot...had to buy my tickets for Saturday game last week instead of waiting...didn't pay near even season ticket face..but would be much cheaper at game time tomorrow...these guys are just flat out boring to watch. I was actually wishing there was a baseball game on to watch last night instead of that performance.

Gunna be hard to not read the Bucky tear em down column.

Edited by plenzmd1

They are playing worse that's for damn sure. Will say you have been down on this team from last year..thought you crazy...maybe crazy like a fox.

And I am a idiot...had to buy my tickets for Saturday game last week instead of waiting...didn't pay near even season ticket face..but would be much cheaper at game time tomorrow...these guys are just flat out boring to watch. I was actually wishing there was a baseball game on to watch last night instead of that performance.

Gunna be hard to not read the Bucky tear em down column.

I wasn't really down on them. I don't know enough to be down.....or up. This thread and the one before it kind of got me down. It seemed like they just kept getting good players and everyone was excited but the tone of these threads was pretty much: "Wow look at our roster....maybe we can squeak into the playoffs in 3 years". In a league where so many teams make the playoffs those two things don't make sense together.

I want them to do well and other than the crap Murray has selected as a goalie roster, everything else seemed to make sense to me. Eichel is clearly an immense talent. There are other pieces there too. They seem smallish to me overall but I'm far from an expert. I was encouraged and want to remain encouraged. I was hoping Murray's good judgment with players was also true of Lehner despite my eyes telling me he just gave up another goal. I hope it isn't the reverse of that situation. I know goalies take time to develop as players but Lehner looks really bad.

I'm not as discouraged as most of you are regarding the slumbering start for the Sabres. This team had little margin of error to begin with because of its limited depth. When Eichel and Kane went down we not only lost two of the team's primary scorers but we also diminished two of our top lines. The end result is that a player such as Moulson ends up moving up the ranks to being a top two line player when he isn't that type of player any longer. (I don't want to specifically dump on him to make a point because I still believe that he can be a useful player on power plays but he is not in my estimation a top two line player.}

What I will be watching to see on this pinched roster is who will be stepping up and legitimately moves up the ranks based on performance. So far the one player who I can identify who falls in that category is Ennis. Are there other players who will be moving up the ranks and improve this team when the injured players return? I don't know but that is what I will be watching for.

As another poster stated the hardest and most dispiriting part of watching this team is that it is boring. Clearly it is due to its lack of potency.

They are playing worse that's for damn sure.

That's ridiculous, they aren't even close to the tank teams. It was a frustrating loss for sure, Dubnyk was fantastic in net and Nilsson looked the part of a backup. If they keep outshooting teams 38 - 22 they will be fine.

@pham1717

Bylsma said we'll see about the goaltending tomorrow. He said it's not likely Lehner will play both games this weekend.

Bylsma said Kane should be able to start cardio exercise in 3 to 5 days. He said broken bones typically take 4-6 weeks, but he doesn't know.

Said Eichel is out of the boot, but all that means is he can go to the next level of rehab.