Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did Nylander win ROTM over Matthews?

He was awesome and showed up every game. Has more points and is a PP wiz. I think the announcers the other night had mentioned that on the last 7 PP goals, he was in on every one with either a goal or an assist.

Kid is going to be a star and you guys pretty much have his clone in your system. Talented players!

Edited by thebug

> Also loving how the kids are developing. Foligno is better, Larsson is better, Girgensons is better, McCabe is better, Bogosian is better, etc

Speaking of the kids, I can't wait until everyone is healthy (ok, that probably never happens). They need to get Fasching down to Rochester for some development time. It'll be much better for him in the long term.

9-wSj4PY_200x200.jpgVS. IZofI17A_200x200.jpg

CwV3v2vWEAAyQVi.jpg

LEAFS (3-4-3) at SABRES (4-3-2)

THU NOV 3, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 28)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 9 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 9 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16; injured reserve) – 8 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30) – 2 games
Hudson Fasching (groin, Nov. 1) – 1 game
Zach Bogosian (knee) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/29: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
10/30: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL)
11/1: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Evander Kane on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 7: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 9: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 11: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 pm.

TONIGHT’S GAME

MAPLE LEAFS at SABRES
This is the first of five meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Toronto, 4-1, in Buffalo on March 31
Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 17 in Toronto
The Sabres are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 9-0-1 at home
This is the 202nd game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 111-64-26 series record.
The Sabres are 68-25-8 at home against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Morning Skate: November 3, 2016 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

@BuffaloSabres

Leafs. Sabres. The long-awaited match-up is finally here - Game day! 2694.png#SharpenUp: http://bufsabres.co/rNbrG1

> Wondering if Lehner was affected by that flu even before they sat him down; he already looks much better than he did prior to that. If that dude can stay healthy and keep his emotions in check, that could turn out to be a brilliant acquisition that most of us questioned at the time.

With losing all that weight, it has to be a whole new learning process in goal. He's much quicker than he ever has been and that could easily throw of his timing, he's probably beginning to realize all the things he couldn't do over the past couple years. I figured it would take some time to get up to speed, lets hope it continues. We need him to steal some games with the scoring we have on IR...

11-3: GMTM ON WGR (21:29)

GMTM- "I'm happy with the way we've started to play here since the Philly fiasco."

GMTM- "In a lot of our losses we had effort, early in the Minnesota game at home I don't think we had a lot of effort. Good bounce back."

GMTM- "We had some meetings with the coaching staff. I expressed some things that I didn't think we were doing well."

GMTM- "We've played some good games, even in losses we've played decent. Went out west and played pretty well. Have to be better @ home."

GMTM on Larsson- "He's an old school two way player. He worries about defensive game before his offensive game."

GMTM on Larsson- "Early in his career here, he hadn't accepted the checking role, still held out hope that he was a top six forward."

GMTM- "It's the only you're here, for the Cup. It's the reason you work every day for a future result. I want my name on the Stanley Cup."

GMTM- "In today's society, we want it now, but if you can't execute a plan, you're never going to win."

GMTM- "We're a little short on the back end, but I'm not going to sacrifice the future for a guy who won't be here when we win the cup."

GMTM- "We think we can get through this, we think we can be competitive until Eichel and Kane get back, but we're not counting the days."

GMTM- "I can see him [Kane] back next week for sure."

GMTM- "For me that's day to day thing with Eichel. I don't need a daily update on him. It's a high ankle sprain."

GMTM- "Eichel is on the right timeline."

GMTM- "There are cap implications that we have to discuss everyday, it's a concern everyday that we have to deal with."

GMTM- "Travel is pretty easy. These players are like a great race horse, they can put their heads down and go to sleep anywhere."

GMTM- "Hockey players now are bred nappers."

GMTM- "Everyone slept at some point on the trip from Vancouver. I ripped about 8 episodes of Justified."

GMTM- "I find that there are no complaints. These kids are great athletes that want to be up here and do what it will take to be up here."

@pham1717

Murray said Kane will try to take contact soon and if it goes well he said he could see him back next week

@BuffaloSabres

The Sabres-Leafs rivalry is about to get even bigger. Why that is + other game day updates: http://bufsabres.co/YKr9Xr

CwW1Mp7WgAAxaby.jpg

I was just listening to the pregame and Brian and Paul were talking about there are way less Leafs fans there than usual, and it makes no sense because you would think they'd want to see Matthews, etc.

I was just listening to the pregame and Brian and Paul were talking about there are way less Leafs fans there than usual, and it makes no sense because you would think they'd want to see Matthews, etc.

Less fans are willing to sell their seats.