Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "what if" Philly game is still a lingering irritation. In hindsight it might prove useful if the team learns that you can't get careless just because you are ahead in a game that is tilting your way.

It's very early in the season but it is obvious that the Okposo acquisition was a major addition. He can skate, shoot, is skilled and is tough. He is not only one of the best players on our team but he is one of the better players in the league.

Although Ennis is not scoring a lot of points he is returning to form as a skater and an offensive creator. I'm eagerly waiting and hoping for his high octane action to turn into points.

What the last two games demonstrate that responsible team defense and solid goaltending may not result in sparkling hockey to watch but it translates into points.

Gionta is not close to being what he once was as a younger player.However, he is still a contributing grinder who is an example to the younger players on how to respect the game through one's maximum effort. His value to the team has more to do with his presence than with his stats.

It's very early in the season but it is obvious that the Okposo acquisition was a major addition. He can skate, shoot, is skilled and is tough. He is not only one of the best players on our team but he is one of the better players in the league.

Although Ennis is not scoring a lot of points he is returning to form as a skater and an offensive creator. I'm eagerly waiting and hoping for his high octane action to turn into points.

Both of these points really go hand in hand with what I want to say. Just wait until Okposo doesn't have to be the top guy on the team anymore and when Ennis gets bumped down one line. This team is going to have so much more scoring talent once/if everyone gets healthy. It sucks that we have to wait, but you're getting hints of what they're trying to build long-term.

Both of these points really go hand in hand with what I want to say. Just wait until Okposo doesn't have to be the top guy on the team anymore and when Ennis gets bumped down one line. This team is going to have so much more scoring talent once/if everyone gets healthy. It sucks that we have to wait, but you're getting hints of what they're trying to build long-term.

Let me slightly adjust your view on Okposo without substantively disagreeing with you. Even with the eventual return of Kane and Eichel Okposo will still be one of the top guns if not the top gun on the team. What I don't know is how Bylsma is going to rework the top two lines when the injured players return.

When watching the Sabres last year it was obvious that Kane was one of the more talented players on the team. But so far he has not been able to integrate his game with his linemates. If he can harness his physical talents and mesh better with the players he is playing with he will become a much better player.

One of the things that I worry about Kane is that although he relishes playing a tough banging style of game that type of play makes him more prone to injury. If he could be more selective with his hits and be more selective with his pugnacity it might serve him better staying healthy. What I'm suggesting is taming his game and being more cerebral rather than physical will serve him and the team better in the long run.

Let me slightly adjust your view on Okposo without substantively disagreeing with you. Even with the eventual return of Kane and Eichel Okposo will still be one of the top guns if not the top gun on the team. What I don't know is how Bylsma is going to rework the top two lines when the injured players return.

When watching the Sabres last year it was obvious that Kane was one of the more talented players on the team. But so far he has not been able to integrate his game with his linemates. If he can harness his physical talents and mesh better with the players he is playing with he will become a much better player.

One of the things that I worry about Kane is that although he relishes playing a tough banging style of game that type of play makes him more prone to injury. If he could be more selective with his hits and be more selective with his pugnacity it might serve him better staying healthy. What I'm suggesting is taming his game and being more cerebral rather than physical will serve him and the team better in the long run.

Not sure Kane has the discipline to dial it back. It would be great if he could be more prudent in his aggression.

Does anybody know if the NHL is going to reseed the matchups after each round of the playoffs, or if they are going to stick with the new system where brackets stay set regardless of upsets?

Does anybody know if the NHL is going to reseed the matchups after each round of the playoffs, or if they are going to stick with the new system where brackets stay set regardless of upsets?

I haven't heard anything to suggest they'll move away from the divisional format. They want to boost rivalries and this system lends itself to that.

Not sure Kane has the discipline to dial it back. It would be great if he could be more prudent in his aggression.

A little while back after Kane got involved in the Chipawa bar conflict with a woman the GM candidly came out with his thoughts on Kane on WGR. He stated that he bluntly told Kane that he was tired how he not only acted in public but he didn't like the way he behaved as a teammate. He pointed out in the interview that Kane comes and goes in practice and before and after the games with little interaction with the other players. He wasn't happy with his lone ranger act.

You don't have to be a hockey afficionado to recognize that there is little cohesion with him and his linemates. I don't want to just dwell on some of the negative aspects of his game. On the positive side there is no player on the team and not many in the league that play as hard as he does. He is also one of the first players to standout for his teammates when the opposition takes liberties with them. However, Evander Kane has been in the league long enough and been instructed by the coaching staffs that he needs to bring a greater degree of discipline and intelligence to his game to make him more of an effective player in this league.

I hope when he returns to action he demonstrates with his play and behavior that he understands that he needs to adjust his attitude and game to better serve the team. If he doesn't he will be left unprotected in the upcoming expansion draft and become a problem for the Vegas team to deal with.

I hope when he returns to action he demonstrates with his play and behavior that he understands that he needs to adjust his attitude and game to better serve the team. If he doesn't he will be left unprotected in the upcoming expansion draft and become a problem for the Vegas team to deal with.

Agree with your hope. This is spot on.

IZofI17A_200x200.jpgVS. k7jpxC74_200x200.jpg

CwLoNJ3WAAEU7so.jpg

SABRES (3-3-2) at WILD (6-2-1)

TUE NOV 1, 2016 @ 8:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 28)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 8 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 8 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16) – 7 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30) – 1 game
Hudson Fasching (groin, Nov. 1) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/29: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
10/30: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Nov. 3: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 7: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 9: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 11: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at WILD
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
Last meeting: Minnesota defeated Buffalo, 4-0, in Buffalo on Oct. 27
The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 6-3-0 in nine road games.
This is the 20th game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has an 8-10-1 series record.
The Sabres are 6-3-0 on the road against the Wild all-time.

Morning Skate: November 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm at Xcel Energy Center

@BuffaloSabres

GAME DAY! #SharpenYourSwords 2694.png What you need to know: http://bufsabres.co/Ymm2C2