CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 62)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 14 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 14 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 7 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 5 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/9: Recalled F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Hudson Fasching to Rochester; Activated F Evander Kane from IR; Placed F
Nicolas Deslauriers on IR
11/11: Recalled D Justin Falk from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 15: Buffalo at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 17: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 19: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 21: Calgary at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 23: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at DEVILS
This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Devils this season.
Last meeting: New Jersey defeated Buffalo, 2-1 (OT), in Buffalo on Nov. 11
Next meeting: Saturday, Nov. 12 in New Jersey
The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-3-3 on the road.
This is the 150th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 74-49-26 series record.
The Sabres are 34-24-15 on the road against the Devils all-time.

Morning Skate: November 12, 2016 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Prudential Center

@BuffNewsVogl

Inside the Sabres: The busiest guy for Buffalo is also the newest. Meet athletic trainer Rich Stinziano.

https://t.co/xndV4gllVJ

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy smokes. You know your roster is depleted when your most effective line is Larsson-Foligno-Gionta.

I'm going to back off my criticism for awhile.

That being said, Eichel, O'Reilly and Gerbe aren't going to take this team over the top.

And I haven't seen a lot of Taylor Hall since he came into the league, but he's really good.

Edited by snafu

I was watching the game then I changed the channel to watch the USC vs Washington game. The USC qb looks really good. The hockey game was painful to watch. No quick fix. As the prior post stated instead of giving up a first round pick for Lehner who was a backup or less goalie in Ottawa it probably would have been more useful to use that pick for a potential scoring forward, even if it would have been a pipeline pick that would have taken at few years to develop.

Without a doubt it was evident that Taylor Hall was the best player on the ice in these back to back games.

Edited by JohnC

I was watching the game then I changed the channel to watch the USC vs Washington game. The USC qb looks really good. The hockey game was painful to watch. No quick fix. As the prior post stated instead of giving up a first round pick for Lehner who was a backup or less goalie in Ottawa it probably would have been more useful to use that pick for a potential scoring forward, even if it would have been a pipeline pick that would have taken at few years to develop.

Without a doubt it was evident that Taylor Hall was the best player on the ice in these back to back games.

Interesting question if Oilers would have traded Hall for Pesyk

Interesting question if Oilers would have traded Hall for Pesyk

I believe a deal could have been worked out. Edmonton would not have made a straight up deal for Pysk. But a deal including hiim or McCabe with added inducements such as Carrier or Bailey and a pick would have been considered. Edmonton wanted to reconfigure their team and make themselves tougher on defense and have a tougher forward corps, as exhibited with the addition of Lucic. They had an excess in forwards and were willing to trade a talented piece to better round out their team.

With Taylor Hall on the ice you don't have to be a hockey maven to recognize his talent. Just trust your eyes and then what is evident becomes abundantly evident!

Edited by JohnC

Holy smokes. You know your roster is depleted when your most effective line is Larsson-Foligno-Gionta.

I'm going to back off my criticism for awhile.

That being said, Eichel, O'Reilly and Gerbe aren't going to take this team over the top.

And I haven't seen a lot of Taylor Hall since he came into the league, but he's really good.

I am not expecting Gerbe to take us anywhere.

That's not the same old boring NJ team. They actually try to generate offense. I usually can't stomach watching them, but they seemed to have changed for the better, at least from a fans perspective. Granted, these are the only 2 games which I have seen NJ, and the Sabres are banged up. But they look like a really good team.

They've focused almost completely on scoring forwards in the draft though. It's the defensive pipeline that we should be pointing at. He really hasn't traded much away from that slot other than Braydon McNabb, but he also hasn't added to it in any form. We're now sitting and praying that a long shot in Guhle pans out because we have absolutely no one at the pro level ready to step up. Murray is going to need to address this soon, because it's going to bite them in the ass very quickly. You can't build up depth at D when your only moves are a pair of player for player swaps at the position (Myers-Bogosian, Pysyk-Kulikov).

They've focused almost completely on scoring forwards in the draft though. It's the defensive pipeline that we should be pointing at. He really hasn't traded much away from that slot other than Braydon McNabb, but he also hasn't added to it in any form. We're now sitting and praying that a long shot in Guhle pans out because we have absolutely no one at the pro level ready to step up. Murray is going to need to address this soon, because it's going to bite them in the ass very quickly. You can't build up depth at D when your only moves are a pair of player for player swaps at the position (Myers-Bogosian, Pysyk-Kulikov).

I've stated on a number of occasions that our defensive corps has to be bolstered with the recognition that all weaknesses can't be addressed immediately. Although it's somewhat unfair to make judgments on transactions after the fact I am going to take the liberty of doing so. Was giving up a number one pick for Lehner the right thing to do at the expense of adding a more skilled forward or even a good defenseman prospect in the pipeline. Is Lehner appreciably better than Chad Johnson or even Nillson? I would say no..

In hindsight was the Myers trade plus other elements for Bogosian and the troublesome Kane a good deal? If I had a do-over I would keep Myers over the injury plagued Bogosian. From the beginning I was intrigued with Kane and his abundant talent. His attractiveness to me has diminished. He is an eye-popping player to watch but in reality his un-corralled style of play displays a lot of motion without much production. I'm not giving up on him because I see a lot of raw talent that so far over a substantial period of time has not been honed and refined to the point that he meshes well with his linemates. For me that is a major disappointment.

Mostly due to injuries this team is struggling. Rebuilding teams don't have a reserve of talent to draw from when players are lost. My projection for this team before the season started was that it was a fringe playoff team that was on an upward trajectory. I still believe that assessment is not unreasonable. But I'm not so partisan not to realize that some highly touted deals have not worked out so well.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. KFh00_SN_200x200.jpg

CxT4I5sWgAA8x4x.jpg

SABRES (5-6-4) at BLUES (7-6-3)

TUE NOV 15, 2016 @ 8:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 70)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 15 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 15 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 8 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 6 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9) – 3 games
Dmitry Kulikov (undisclosed, Nov. 11) – 2 games
Ryan O’Reilly (middle body, Nov. 12) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/9: Recalled F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Hudson Fasching to Rochester; Activated F Evander Kane from IR; Placed F Nicolas Deslauriers on IR
11/11: Recalled D Justin Falk from Rochester (AHL)
11/13: Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste, D Justin Falk and F Cole Schneider to Rochester (AHL)
11/15: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste, D Justin Falk and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Nov. 17: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 19: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 21: Calgary at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 23: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Washington, 5 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at BLUES
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Blues this season.
Last meeting: St. Louis defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in Buffalo on Nov. 23, 2015
Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 18 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Blues; 1-5-4 on the road.
This is the 115th game all-time between Buffalo and St. Louis; Buffalo has a 45-53-16 series record.
The Sabres are 15-31-10 at home against the Blues all-time.

Morning Skate: November 15, 2016 at 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm at Scottrade Center