Seantral AWOL since end of season (not really)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/30/bills-havent-heard-from-seantrel-henderson-since-season-ended/

"Via Harry Scull Jr. of the Buffalo News, the Bills have heard nothing from right tackle Seantrel Henderson since the 2015 season ended.

Henderson, the starting right tackle in 2014 and most of 2015, missed the last five games of the season due to Crohns disease. Per Scull, Henderson had surgery a few months ago for the condition. One source told Scull that nobody knows whether Henderson will even be on the team in 2016"

Well this is great news; the right side of the line ought to be fantastic this year....

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/30/bills-havent-heard-from-seantrel-henderson-since-season-ended/

"Via Harry Scull Jr. of the Buffalo News, the Bills have heard nothing from right tackle Seantrel Henderson since the 2015 season ended.

Henderson, the starting right tackle in 2014 and most of 2015, missed the last five games of the season due to Crohns disease. Per Scull, Henderson had surgery a few months ago for the condition. One source told Scull that nobody knows whether Henderson will even be on the team in 2016"

Well this is great news; the right side of the line ought to be fantastic this year....

Does it really make a difference if they had heard from him? As a boss I'd be pissed, as a fan I think most of us knew he would most likely be out for the immediate future if not indefinitely. Don't make a damn of a difference to me if he won't call the blowhards back.

Does it really make a difference if they had heard from him? As a boss I'd be pissed, as a fan I think most of us knew he would most likely be out for the immediate future if not indefinitely. Don't make a damn of a difference to me if he won't call the blowhards back.

Do you have to bring vitriol to every thread? Wearing very thin.

The little bit of reading I did on Crohn's disease makes me suspect that we have likely seen the last of Henderson in a Bills uniform. It's no joke, especially when it is severe, which if he received surgery for it-- it is. There is no cure, it's chronic, and there will be flare-ups, and remissions. If he hasn't been in contact with the FO, or Rex, I would think it is safe to assume he doesn't have any good news.

He'll only be AWOL if he misses mandatory minicamp in a couple of weeks. Any activity up until that time is strictly voluntary.

I'm pretty lax and defend guys not showing up. Not sharing your medical updates irks me some though

"we've had chats and will continue to work with the player through the offseason"

The only one who was questioned and has commented regarding Seantrel has been Rex. He could be playing coy just as he did with Harvin last season. It doesn't mean their medical personnel haven't heard from him.

At any rate, we don't have to be kept in the loop as the public.

@TyDunne

Just heard back from Seantrel Henderson's agent. The Bills RT plans on flying into town this week and being ready for the '16 season.

Henderson, the starting right tackle in 2014 and most of 2015, missed the last five games of the season due to Crohn’s disease. Per Scull, Henderson had surgery “a few months ago” for the condition. One source told Scull that “nobody knows” whether Henderson will even be on the team in 2016"

silver lining; maybe they bring in someone that is descent after cuts

@TyDunne: While Henderson and Rex Ryan have not been in contact (HC never reached out), the Bills medical staff apparently is in the loop.

The only one who was questioned and has commented regarding Seantrel has been Rex. He could be playing coy just as he did with Harvin last season. It doesn't mean their medical personnel haven't heard from him.

@TyDunne

Just heard back from Seantrel Henderson's agent. The Bills RT plans on flying into town this week and being ready for the '16 season.

As I was saying. Classic overreaction from some Bills' fans.

@TyDunne

I don't expect a medical report.

I don't expect any insight.

I also, however, don't expect the team to go out of their way to lie about this and make the player look bad if there's actual communication going on and such an easy non-answer available.

It seems silly. Likewise I wouldn't like the player not communicating if that's true.

Edited by NoSaint

@TyDunne: Just heard back from Seantrel Henderson's agent. The Bills RT plans on flying into town this week and being ready for the '16 season.

Rex never contacted him, he claims.

Is this a shock? Maybe the medical staff hasn't bought in enough for Rex to talk to them but he probably just forgot. Edited by 4merper4mer

Could very well be the case. It'll be up to him to disclose what he's been through or not.

I feel like you're defending his privacy when no ones trying to say otherwise (which is odd because people normally demand answers)

@TyDunne

The updated info on #Bills RT Seantrel Henderson. Two surgeries, reattached intestines, back in Buffalo Tuesday: https://t.co/pMEEGtq5pa

After missing the final five games of last season through a brutal bout with Crohn's disease, Henderson underwent the two surgeries to remove all infected areas and reattach his intestines. The most recent surgery was about a month ago. The Bills' medical staff, Herman assured, does know that Henderson has been recovering in Minnesota at the Mayo Clinic and that it's been the tackle's plan to report back to Buffalo June 1 all along.

That's an interesting gap from the original report

180 degree reversal from the initial report. Surprised Dunne didn't do additional investigation before the 1st story.

It's also another indictment of PFT who have a habit of running with stories without sufficient merit.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

180 degree reversal from the initial report. Surprised Dunne didn't do additional investigation before the 1st story.

It's also another indictment of PFT who have a habit of running with stories without sufficient merit.

PFT is notoriously unreliable, but who is Harry Scull Jr from the BN anyway? Sounds like an intern with a blog. Thankfully Dunne did some research and straightened it out, but this represents more evidence why much of what passes for information in the internet age should be taken with a grain of salt until verified by more credible sources. You know, real reporting.

PFT is notoriously unreliable, but who is Harry Scull Jr from the BN anyway? Sounds like an intern with a blog. Thankfully Dunne did some research and straightened it out, but this represents more evidence why much of what passes for information in the internet age should be taken with a grain of salt until verified by more credible sources. You know, real reporting.

Exactly my point and also the surprise at Dunne who is usually very thorough in his reporting.

IIRC, Scull is a phtog at TBN.