Bills have new media reporting guidelines

Maybe they can you know... try and interview the players? Instead of writing about them from what they saw in a practice setting?

I'm not a journalist, but i do find articles more compelling when the writer actually engages with the player. Rather than talking about how many passes were complete in a practice... Not sure what someone like Rodak is going to do though, guy's a hack who quotes other peoples articles as his own.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they can you know... try and interview the players? Instead of writing about them from what they saw in a practice setting?

I'm not a journalist, but i do find articles more compelling when the writer actually engages with the player. Rather than talking about how many passes were complete in a practice... Not sure what someone like Rodak is going to do though, guy's a hack who quotes other peoples articles as his own.

But what if a player won't talk to them????? :cry: And what if no one will give them juicy click bait quotes????? :cry:

The media must be STOKED on this policy - they're tweeting more than ever, from what I'm seeing! Of course, the only way it's "football related" is to B word about the policy, but hey they're having fun! :D

Also, while the Bills policy does feel a little overreaching (paranoid, much?), I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams trying to control the social story / images / videos coming from journalists at camp.

Great, as if Bills media really needed anything else to be bitchy about.

I know, right? Should be fun watching them all throw their little hissy fits, though. Just glad we have a couple of fans who will attend TC and feed us our daily crack. OTA reports are pretty meaningless unless somebody gets hurt.

The snarkiness has been ratcheted up a notch

@mikerodak

A Bills quarterback with a jersey number that is the square root of 25 threw a football that missed its intended target.

Today is the best day of Rodak's life. Gets paid to talk **** about the Bills and folks love him for it.

The Pegulas actually dislike the media reporting negative stuff about the team. Terry once said negative articles effect the teams play.

I bet Bob Kraft says decent playing prevents negative articles.

It seems like a natural response to a hostile media. I guess we have to use words like media, and reporters, but from what I've observed there's little to no accountability with these guys. Sports "reporting" is rife with gossip rumor and outright error with zero effort to run corrections. On top of this, lots of these guys are out there inserting themselves into the story and create the news they want to write. It's just garbage. I have no problem with the Bills standing up for themselves. The Bills really aren't keeping anyone from obtaining information or sharing information (fan tweets etc) they're just fighting back against "reporters" who want to make up a negative and controversial narrative.

It seems like a natural response to a hostile media. I guess we have to use words like media, and reporters, but from what I've observed there's little to no accountability with these guys. Sports "reporting" is rife with gossip rumor and outright error with zero effort to run corrections. On top of this, lots of these guys are out there inserting themselves into the story and create the news they want to write. It's just garbage. I have no problem with the Bills standing up for themselves. The Bills really aren't keeping anyone from obtaining information or sharing information (fan tweets etc) they're just fighting back against "reporters" who want to make up a negative and controversial narrative.

I agree with you, but with one adjustment; This is happening in ALL news media.

It's about time. I always thought the media had way to much access to the players and the field. It puts the bills at a competitive disadvantage. I bet the patriots have someone in that organization going through all the interviews, video, etc... produced trying to gets something for gameday.

I always thought that the amount of media obligations the players and coaches were doing were above what is required by the NFL. I think it is if you compare to what the Patriots are putting up.

Good for the Pegulas.