SI: Top Remaining FA's. Any of interest to Bills?

JPL7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not bring Freddie back as a player/coach?

Tim-

If he couldn't crack the depth chart last year, I have no idea how he would this year? He would be the 5th RB and that is without factoring in a FB. If they want to bring him in as a team ambassador, I am all for it. He can't make the team as an RB.

Sorry, but you are forgetting: The Ryan defense is not premised on actually rushing or hitting the passer; it is a complex psychological operation against the opposing QB in which the goal is to confuse, annoy and distract. It is very high-level stuff that only the Ryan twins and Bart Scott truly grasp. It would probably take a 15-year vet like Freeney the better part of a season to absorb even the most basic concepts.

Actually it is designed more to annoy the fans who just like to use cliches as way of talking about football and you have demonstrated it works!

Sorry, but you are forgetting: The Ryan defense is not premised on actually rushing or hitting the passer; it is a complex psychological operation against the opposing QB in which the goal is to confuse, annoy and distract. It is very high-level stuff that only the Ryan twins and Bart Scott truly grasp. It would probably take a 15-year vet like Freeney the better part of a season to absorb even the most basic concepts.

I really hope your joking and not being serious....

If serious....learn football

Boldin would be an interesting kick the tires type player, but 2 players That would be of real interest to the Bills would be Kevin Williams as a vet NT option and Vasquez on the O-line.

For sure.

I was thinking Williams would be great at this point , move MD outside to DE, where Shaq may have been getting reps

i was reading about freeney last week. I'm a huge fan of his by the way and while he wouldn't play a lot of snaps I think he can help this team or any team even at his age. Anyway, he said he doesn't want to skip TC (Last year he did). This could signal a lack of suitors and he's trying to make himself look more committed. He did say (of course) that he wants to go to a winning team. But, money talks IMO and who knows if any "winning teams" are looking to bring him in.

This was my first reaction to fill a need at position via FA

I cant believe nobody has said bring in Freeny

He would be perfect to hold down the fort till our 1st rounder made it back..then they could rotate.

I have saying it for days, dude. 36 and ready for some reps !

I cant believe nobody has said bring in Freeny

He would be perfect to hold down the fort till our 1st rounder made it back..then they could rotate.

Yeah, Dwight Freeney's at the top of my list too.

He showed he still has some gas left in the tank last season. He may be getting long in the tooth, but we just need 6 games out of him. He'd be a great mentor to Shaq and Jerry. And last I heard - he said on ESPN he just wants a chance anywhere.

I imagine he'd be someone that wouldn't want a whole training camp. So maybe he's someone we look at down the road.

I do not want Bills paying season prices for partial season - we did that with a WR last year and they were ripped off.

Bills should be looking hard at veterans in August not May or June and signing them after week 1 so if they decide they do not want to play football they can just cut them. Make do first week and then see who they need for week 2.

I do not want Bills paying season prices for partial season - we did that with a WR last year and they were ripped off.

Bills should be looking hard at veterans in August not May or June and signing them after week 1 so if they decide they do not want to play football they can just cut them. Make do first week and then see who they need for week 2.

I dont think Freeney falls under that catagory

He actually would be a big help to Shaq even when he does come back....a rotation for a rookie getting his feet under him would be nice

I wonder how much Boldin would want...

I would love to have him on a 1 year deal

CBF

Would love to have Boldin with us.

As an alternative, how about James Jones? Bring him in to compete with all of the other WR's we have. Can't hurt.

Would love to have Boldin with us.

As an alternative, how about James Jones? Bring him in to compete with all of the other WR's we have. Can't hurt.

Of course your going to recommed James Earl Jones.

Yeah, Dwight Freeney's at the top of my list too.

He showed he still has some gas left in the tank last season. He may be getting long in the tooth, but we just need 6 games out of him. He'd be a great mentor to Shaq and Jerry. And last I heard - he said on ESPN he just wants a chance anywhere.

I imagine he'd be someone that wouldn't want a whole training camp. So maybe he's someone we look at down the road.

I wouldn't mind them adding Freeney I just don't see him as a fit since RR defense isn't a straight upfield attack.

And his mentorship of Jerry Hughes the first time didn't pan out so ........if it did Hughes would have been his replacement and still be there.

I'd love Freeny. He was decent last year. Harrison is still playing for the Steelers and he only plays 1/3 of their plays. Freeney could work the same way, and would be a great guy for Shaq to watch while rehabbing.

I wouldn't mind them adding Freeney I just don't see him as a fit since RR defense isn't a straight upfield attack.

And his mentorship of Jerry Hughes the first time didn't pan out so ........if it did Hughes would have been his replacement and still be there.

Kind of where I land on the talk.

That's where I think I fall as well.

And as vested veteran his salary is guaranteed for the season once they sign him.

I'd prefer a guy like Biermann, who I think is a better fit for Rex's scheme. He sets the edge well, was 7th in edge run defenders last year, and would be good depth once Lawson comes back. They have had him in for a visit so they've seen him. He'd also come quite a bit cheaper than Freeney. Even before the drafting Lawson I thought he might be a nice scrap-heap type FA pick up.