Dezmin Lewis

I met him last year at training camp, a polite young guy. Sammy was working with him after practice. I noticed two things:

1. Sammy is a pro's pro. A teacher at a young age.

2. Dez will work to improve his craft.

I'm pulling for him!

good to hear about Sammy. In one of the articles about Listenbee it said that Sammy was one of his idols and he saw him at the airport when he came in for his pre-draft visit and was too scared to say hi. Ha. Hopefully he can take him under his wing too.

I hope he makes it Yolo. It would be nice to have one tall redbone threat at WR. Just think about Chandler. Good hands, but zero speed so great for a toss up in the corner of end zone.

his size advantage helps his cause, as long as he is polishing up the routes and doesn't drop a lot of balls in camp. But the size sets him apart somewhat. Chandler was never the red zone threat he should have been at that size. Edited by YoloinOhio

good to hear about Sammy. In one of the articles about Listenbee it said that Sammy was one of his idols and he saw him at the airport when he came in for his pre-draft visit and was too scared to say hi. Ha. Hopefully he can take him under his wing too.

The intangibles with Sammy are in part why I was so frustrated with him being ranked 96th in the NFL's top 100. Listenbee and Dez are the same age or older than Sammy (22 and 23 respectively), yet they look at him in such a pristine manner (Sammy has accomplished much, realizes his talent, and continues to strive for improvement - his want to improve resembles the greats, like a Jerry Rice).

I hope he makes it Yolo. It would be nice to have one tall redbone threat at WR. Just think about Chandler. Good hands, but zero speed so great for a toss up in the corner of end zone.

IIRC, one of Dezmin's reported strengths in his draft reports was, apart from just his height, his ability to high-point a ball. That's a pretty valuable skill at 6'4". I don't recall Chandler high-pointing a ball ever.

I'm really pulling for Dez, and looking forward to the WR competition.

I hope Listenbee works out for us at the NFL level, if learns how to beat the press and catch more balls with his hands and not his body hes gonna be dangerous. Dez needs work with the jug machine, guy dropped a lot of passes in the pre-season last year from what I remember.

I think the WRs will benefit simply from not having a long, drawn out QB competition. Splitting reps evenly among 3 guys all the way through until the end of August last year could not have helped them.

It didnt help anyone really, this is another reason why I think the offense takes a step forward this year. DUDE CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW OUR SEASON WOULDVE WENT IF WE STUCK WITH CASSEL AND NEVER SIGNED TT? We probably wouldve been the ones that drafted Wentz lol. I truly Billieve that Cassel wouldve got benched mid-season for Ej. Matt was terrible on the Cows.

Edited by Marty McFly

i still think listenbee goes practice squad, easley gets a spot again, then dez, hankerson, salas and goodwin complete the 7.

Easley had his knee all sorts of jacked up, wonder how that comes back...

Listenbee The way he attacks the jump ball combined with his frame and speed. If they can polish him that is a VERY interesting vertical option. I Could see him pass a number of guys on the depth chart if he's got the drive.

Dez- what about him in the slot? Run the tall dude over the middle for Tyrod !!

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

i still think listenbee goes practice squad, easley gets a spot again, then dez, hankerson, salas and goodwin complete the 7.

Man for our sake I hope you are wrong. I really like how Listenbee fights for the ball in the air, he is the fastest and benched the most out of all WR in the draft. (if he can improve his ability to beat the press, and hone his route tree skills he could be a mini- Hines Ward) Is it too late to bring back Deonte Thompson? does anyone remember him from last pre-season? He had a hell of a run and played better then Dez did.

Edited by Marty McFly

Easley had his knee all sorts of jacked up, wonder how that comes back...

Listenbee The way he attacks the jump ball combined with his frame and speed. If they can polish him that is a VERY interesting vertical option. I Could see him pass a number of guys on the depth chart if he's got the drive.

Dez- what about him in the slot? Run the tall dude over the middle for Tyrod !!

Maybe. Woods is such a fearless player he seems better designed for the slot, but Rex says Dez has been a gym rat so maybe this is his year.

Not a burner though, so the best he can get is 4th WR on the chart.

what's a redbone?

I think the WRs will benefit simply from not having a long, drawn out QB competition. Splitting reps evenly among 3 guys all the way through until the end of August last year could not have helped them.

This. So excited for training camp and seeing everyone get a chance to work on chemistry with Tyrod.

I thought that was a curious description, too.

TOP DEFINITION

redbone

Light skinned female/male mixed with black and another race.

"she doesn't look full black, she must be a redbone"

Kinda racist, no?

probably meant to say rawboned as in lean not fully filled out.

Past Sammy and Woods there are 3 spots to be had on this roster at WR (Easley has a good shot to be the 6th WR for Special teams purposes). Lewis, Goodwin, Listenbee, Hankerson, and the rest of the camp guys all will be competing for those 3 roster spots. Should be an interesting camp battle but really shows the lack of depth on the Bills roster at the WR position.

I hope Listenbee works out for us at the NFL level, if learns how to beat the press and catch more balls with his hands and not his body hes gonna be dangerous. Dez needs work with the jug machine, guy dropped a lot of passes in the pre-season last year from what I remember.

Man, we could all use some work with the jugs machine. :ph34r: