Bills decline to exercise 2017 option for EJ Manuel

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15448758/buffalo-bills-decline-fifth-year-option-ej-manuel

With the Bills declining Manuel's fifth-year option, the fourth-year quarterback will be due a fully guaranteed $2.827 million base salary this season before he becomes a free agent next spring.

His best bet is to negotiate an extension outside of option.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was worth a shot, they just picked the wrong year to have to draft a QB.

I think he has a chance to be a number 2 somewhere maybe. I'm guessing that he gets a 2 year deal somewhere as a borderline #2. Those 2 years will determine if he sticks in the league. If he makes it through as a reliable backup he will kick around for a while after.

I think he has a chance to be a number 2 somewhere maybe. I'm guessing that he gets a 2 year deal somewhere as a borderline #2. Those 2 years will determine if he sticks in the league. If he makes it through as a reliable backup he will kick around for a while after.

Hospitality tents are quivering all over the country.

Edited by FireChan

None of those QBs were worth a shot and was purely a desperation move

I know, 26. Personally, I think it rates its own thread. TBD would have been nothin' without EJ battles the last 3 years.. If another Mod wants to shut it down, all good.

BTW, I don't think this surprises' anyone.

None of those QBs were worth a shot and was purely a desperation move

They were dead set on taking a QB that year. Of all of the bums in that class he at least had the physical tools. That's what I was getting at. It was the wrong year to go QB.