2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL execs opine regarding who will be the 1st QB taken:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800928/article/ask-5-wholl-be-first-qb-selected-in-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf71542487-sf71542487

Also, draft gurus discuss how they mis-evaluated guys:

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-biggest-misses-scouts-executives-9b7afdd89a7e

Edited by thebandit27

Love the second link Bandit. Cheers for that. Really interesting read. I like going back and trying to work out why I was wrong on guys too. Even the 4 or so years I have been doing this I get some wrong and like the guy says about Robinson it is very rare you have missed the weaknesses you have just found ways of talking yourself around them or you have seen the strengths but spent too much time worrying about what guys can't do and missed the other way.

Love the second link Bandit. Cheers for that. Really interesting read. I like going back and trying to work out why I was wrong on guys too. Even the 4 or so years I have been doing this I get some wrong and like the guy says about Robinson it is very rare you have missed the weaknesses you have just found ways of talking yourself around them or you have seen the strengths but spent too much time worrying about what guys can't do and missed the other way.

That's why scouting QBs is such a conundrum.

These days, they all have significant weak points, so you really need to be able to assess what translates and what doesn't.

I like Mahomes the best, and have kept him as my QB1, but I keep going back to the idea that I think Trubisky's game may translate better and/or quicker to the NFL game.

I'm probably guilty of dismissing too many guys versus liking too many.

Hi Gang. I'll just drop this right here. Based on Visits, mainly.

1 or 2-----Starting WILB (Foster, Reddick, Davis, Cunningham)
1 or 2-----CB and later, a UDFA Dev. CB (Awuzie, King, Jackson, Humphrey, Witherspoon, Lawrence, Stribling, Cutrer)
2 or 3-----WR with separation (Zay Jones, Chris Godwin, Samuel, Westbrook, Stewart, Darboh, Etta-Tawo, Rogers, Hampton)
3, 4, 5, 6-----DL3-tech (Tomlinson, Wormley, Brantley, Watkins, Jarron Jones) and/or EDGE (Carl Lawson, Demarcus Walker, Rivers, Willis, Fields, Cox, Wise)
3-UDFA -----Safety, esp Box and/or Blitz (Adams, Peppers, Baker, Maye, Fields, Clemons, Hill, Johnson, Tedric Thompson, Jones, Nicholson)
3-UDFA-----Developmental QB (Peterman, Kelly, Evans, Beathard)
4-UDFA-----RB (Connor, Yearby, Dayes, Gipson, Owens, Muhummad, Green, Yearby, Chris Carson, TJ Logan , I'Tavius Mathers)
6/UDFA-----RT (Collins, Myers, Norton, Skipper, Gennesy, Moton, Seaton, Cooper).
1 or 2-----Starting WILB (Foster, Reddick, Davis, Cunningham)
1 or 2-----CB and later, a UDFA Dev. CB (Awuzie, King, Jackson, Humphrey, Witherspoon, Lawrence, Stribling, Cutrer)
2 or 3-----WR with separation (Zay Jones, Chris Godwin, Samuel, Westbrook, Stewart, Darboh, Etta-Tawo, Rogers, Hampton)
3, 4, 5, 6-----DL3-tech (Tomlinson, Wormley, Brantley, Watkins, Jarron Jones) and/or EDGE (Carl Lawson, Demarcus Walker, Rivers, Willis, Fields, Cox, Wise)
3-UDFA -----Safety, esp Box and/or Blitz (Adams, Peppers, Baker, Maye, Fields, Clemons, Hill, Johnson, Tedric Thompson, Jones, Nicholson)
3-UDFA-----Developmental QB (Peterman, Kelly, Evans, Beathard)
4-UDFA-----RB (Connor, Yearby, Dayes, Gipson, Owens, Muhummad, Green, Yearby, Chris Carson, TJ Logan , I'Tavius Mathers)
6/UDFA-----RT (Collins, Myers, Norton, Skipper, Gennesy, Moton, Seaton, Cooper).

I watched the first clip on qbs you provided and got upset knowing that the loser Bills will continue to allow opportunities to pass for other teams to seize on. What is it about this lame franchise that has failed for more than a generation and still continues to operate in the same way that it always has always operated? The Bills are in a situation where they can stay pat and come away with a qb who offers this franchise some hope. It is so irrational and dumb!

Hi Gang. I'll just drop this right here. Based on Visits, mainly.

Astro thanks for this it is certainly worth paying attention to.

On an aside I figure your a good person to let know...

On drafttek the s/r for Corey Davis links to Solomon Thomas. I didn't see anywhere to report it (didn't look to hard lol) but figure you might be able to rectify it.

The closer we get to the draft, the more it looks like we will not be taking Qb or safety in the first rounds barring hooker or Adams falling to us. If we do not trade down I could see us taking Foster, Reddick, corey smith, Mike Williams, or lattimore if he is still there. Unless they have a Qb prospect they really like, I dont see them taking a Qb in the first 3 rounds, especially with the addition of Yates. Hyde and Poyer make me think that we will not be going safety early either.

Kizer: I can be greatest QB to ever play, combo of Cam and Brady

"No one else can do what I can do. And I've truly figured out in this process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game -- this is bold -- I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play," Kizer said,

"No one else can do what I can do. And I've truly figured out in this process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game -- this is bold -- I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play," Kizer said,

:lol:

giphy.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801281/article/deshone-kizer-i-can-be-greatest-qb-of-alltime

He crazy

Terry Pegula WILL have a voice in the #Bills war room but ultimately the decision will come down to BOTH GM Whaley AND McDermott #NFLDraft

just giving Duggy a pat on the head with this so he isn't totally emasculated in the public eye, going back to board stacker.

idiot, OFF THE BOARD

:lol::lol::lol: he's done already

Jonathan Allen long-term shoulder concerns (arthritis) could lead to only one contract

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jonathan-allen-shoulder-nfl-draft-20170419-story.html

but the Bills cleared him though B-)

Move aside, Chad Kelly. There's a new "Swag" in town.

I like Kizer on the field, I LOVE him off it. Not short of confidence.

1. Mayock: I think it's Marcus Lattimore or Jamal Adams at No. 5 for @Titans.

4 replies7 retweets8 likes

Retweet

2. Around The NFL Retweeted

Mayock: I don't see Reuben Foster sliding all that far. I think he's a top-20 pick all day long. He might still be top-10 pick.

Composite Big Board, ignoring guys that will almost certainly be gone IMO...

(Both Mahomes and Trubisky went before me in R1)

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
WR COREY DAVIS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
2: R2P12
QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA
3: R3P11
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
4: R5P12
LB ELIJAH LEE
KANSAS STATE
5: R5P27
S LORENZO JEROME
SAINT FRANCIS
6: R6P11
RB MATTHEW DAYES
NC STATE

From NFL.com (Chad Reuter) 7 round mock:

Round 1 (10) Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
Round 2 (44) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Round 3 (75) Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
Round 5 (156) Dan Skipper, T, Arkansas
Round 5 (171) Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
Round 6 (195) Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801352/article/chad-reuter-2017-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-1?campaign=fb-nf-sf72178406-sf72178406

Edited by CNY315

I'd rather have a guy like Kizer who wants to be great than a dude like Garrett who's more interested in dinosaurs. Garrett to me has bust written all over him. Kizer might flame out too, but at least he's not going 1st overall or probably in 1st round at all.

I talked to someone who is very concerned about Garrett's motor. Tougher choice than people think.

Edited by jeffismagic

I talked to someone who is very concerned about Garrett's motor. Tougher choice than people think.

It's not a tough choice at all...he was on the field for a TON of plays in college.

His production was outstanding, and his measurables are comparable to Mario Williams.

You would chance missing out on your QB1 if you didn't have one?

Good question. It comes down to poker. Who is doing what. If I could pry an extra first and second out of someone for moving back a spot or two I would consider it. If no one offered that I just draft Mahomes at 1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.