2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I have TT pegged about 20th best qb I just happen to rank Wentz below that for now.

The league doesn't know whether Wentz can or can't do it yet. I was responding to a post originally that stated the Eagles made a trade and mortgaged their future and it was worth it because now they have their guy. That is why I keep repeating he isn't a sure thing. Simply because he went #2 and a team spent a ton to get him doesn't mean it is the right move or that it will work. A perfect example of this is RG3 in Washington (who actually had a much better rookie year than Wentz). As for the pay cut there is a larger sample size and TT isn't on a rookie contract. I wonder how they would be viewed if the money was the same. Think about this, Wentz would have to improve just to put up the numbers TT already has. I love what the Eagles did this offseason though by getting him weapons. Alshon was a fantastic pick up. They made an investment and now they are doubling down on it. That is smart. The Bills made an investment and as of yet have done nothing to help him. That is frustrating to me and part of what makes me second guess a qb at 10. I've said it before but it bears repeating. You have made up your mind that TT doesn't have it. I haven't yet and I would like to see him given a punchers chance with some talent at the WR position.

On an aside though... I have to go back to the attempts and being asked to carry the team. It is just wrong imo. On a per game basis Wentz was indeed 6th in the league in attempts per game and TT was 32nd. That sounds like a huge difference. In reality it was 8.8 attempts per game. 37.9 to 29.1. Looking at it that way it doesn't really seem like that narrative holds up that way either. Those 8 attempts led to an average of 34.9 more yards per game. Again not a gigantic difference. Especially when that boils down to 4.4 yards per throw. This was never meant to be a TT vs. Wentz derailment so we don't have to continue down this path. I just find it strange that by almost measurement TT was better than Wentz last year and Wentz is better? To me that is because he doesn't play for the Bills and he was drafted 2nd overall. Not because of his actual performance.

Yeah, I hear you. I also have lost interest in debating TT. I will be getting more than enough of him soon enough!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's most likely to be one of those 2 teams, but then again, I don't think he'll be there at either 15 or 17.

I agree. I just think it's more likely he'd shut things down to try to get to the Colts with Luck than with the Redskins.

The Redskins may make a solid trade back partner with us if Fournette were to drop to 10, but they need so much help defensively taking a RB may be a luxury not worth investigating. Full disclosure, I have Fat Rob as a keeper in a couple of leagues, I'm really hoping the Redskins give him a chance and don't take a RB early.

I agree. I just think it's more likely he'd shut things down to try to get to the Colts with Luck than with the Redskins.

The Redskins may make a solid trade back partner with us if Fournette were to drop to 10, but they need so much help defensively taking a RB may be a luxury not worth investigating. Full disclosure, I have Fat Rob as a keeper in a couple of leagues, I'm really hoping the Redskins give him a chance and don't take a RB early.

Barnwell put out a speculation piece about the likely trades for every pick in round 1. Ours was trade back with Washington. They got 10, we got 17 and Breeland.

Barnwell put out a speculation piece about the likely trades for every pick in round 1. Ours was trade back with Washington. They got 10, we got 17 and Breeland.

Make it happen, OBD.

Much better than the moving up for Turbisky rumors I saw on here today.

Wow.

This is via ESPN's NFL Insiders show.

@Alexander1Great

Reuben Foster's rotator cuff isn't healed per Combine Recheck. If it doesn't heal, he could be forced into another surgery a la Shaq Lawson.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for us then! And make sure the FO hems and haws about his status and health and any exams.

Foster's, Australian for self entitled prick. No thanks.

All the "who he surrounds himself with" stuff combined with the lingering injury have soured me on Foster. Not to mention the fact that a will LB at 10 does not represent good value.

Total hypothetical but would you take Foster in the 2nd knowing this? Some guys fall every year. I'm not saying that he will make it all of the way there but if he did?

Absolutely. I'm not even critical of the Shaq Lawson selection even knowing that he had shoulder issues. I'll go even further that despite the fact that Rex may have influenced the Ragland selection it was a superb selection. I'm never overly concerned how a rookie player performs compared to how he develops as a player as his career unfolds.

Absolutely. I'm not even critical of the Shaq Lawson selection even knowing that he had shoulder issues. I'll go even further that despite the fact that Rex may have influenced the Ragland selection it was a superb selection. I'm never overly concerned how a rookie player performs compared to how he develops as a player as his career unfolds.

That is more than fair and I'm with you. You draft a guy projecting his career not first 6 weeks. Foster certainly offers a skill that McDermott desires in his LBs that we lack (speed). I'm still holding out hope that the Bills deal one of the 5th round picks for Mychael Kendricks. It would be a cheap way to address that spot.

That is more than fair and I'm with you. You draft a guy projecting his career not first 6 weeks. Foster certainly offers a skill that McDermott desires in his LBs that we lack (speed). I'm still holding out hope that the Bills deal one of the 5th round picks for Mychael Kendricks. It would be a cheap way to address that spot.

Last year the Cowboys took a risk taking an injured ND linbebacker, Jaylin Smith. in the second round and 34th overall. It was a calculated risk taken on one of the top five ranked players in the draft. Many team physicians would not clear him. The CoOnewboys took a gamble. I'm rooting for this tremendous prospect to get back to form.

The Cowboys have a more developed roster than the Bills so they can afford to take more risks. Not every gamble is going to work out. But if you are judicious and do you due diligence the bet you make hits the jackpot.

One criticism I have of Doug Whaley is that at times he seems to gratuitously give up picks. It is those lower picks that can be used for chips on injured talents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.