2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a story here... :lol:

Ha ha, he has a quick trigger. I was trolling him about something that he had said and the next thing I knew I was blocked. It's been 5 years. I have an alternate name that I use at draft time, FA and the trade deadline just so I can follow him.

Looks like Corey Davis will probably be the guy. I can definitely live with that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's what I was trying to figue out. Is Leroi just speculating?

Earlier in this thread, Leroi had promised to report the Bills' final 5 for the #10 spot. This was that list.

Interesting that there is no QB on that list. All those QBs they are looking at must be for the 2nd Rd pick or a tradeback into Rd 1

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Earlier in this thread, Leroi had promised to report the Bills' final 5 for the #10 spot. This was that list.

Interesting that there is no QB on that list. All those QBs they are looking at must be for the 2nd Rd pick or a tradeback into Rd 1

He said in that same post that QB was a smokescreen. They weren't interested in those guys at 10.

thats because all 5 of those guys are almost universally considered to have top 10-15 grades had the QBs ... aren't. They might take one but not that high. Imo

Nope, that is almost certainly the list. When Leroi says something like that it is almost always right. He has had a bunch of things that no one else has had.

If that board is in order then the pick is either Corey Davis or Marshon Lattimore. Thomas will be gone and I expect Davis to be there.

thats because all 5 of those guys are almost universally considered to have top 10-15 grades had the QBs ... aren't. They might take one but not that high. Imo

Bills are bad at valuing QB's properly.

If that board is in order then the pick is either Corey Davis or Marshon Lattimore. Thomas will be gone and I expect Davis to be there.

I agree, it sure looks like Davis. The Titans are the only team that I think can throw a wrench in those plans (maybe the Bengals). Davis probably makes it to 10 otherwise. Thomas won't unless a QB run starts. Lattimore I don't think make sure it that far either.

I was close on the players but I wouldn't have guessed that order. I thought Howard would be their top ranked pass catcher. I wonder how this impacts them trading down? Are these guys graded closely?

other option is trade back

How likely is that Hokie? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I agree, it sure looks like Davis. The Titans are the only team that I think can throw a wrench in those plans (maybe the Bengals). Davis probably makes it to 10 otherwise. Thomas won't unless a QB run starts. Lattimore I don't think make sure it that far either.

I was close on the players but I wouldn't have guessed that order. I thought Howard would be their top ranked pass catcher. I wonder how this impacts them trading down? Are these guys graded closely?

How likely is that Hokie?

Agree that Thomas is gone and Davis will probably be there. The issue I have is that I would assume McDermott would want defense more than a #2 WR or #2 TE. So maybe Leroi has the scout's opinion but it will go down differently.

GBN Big Board

1. *Myles Garrett DE 6-4, 272 Texas A&M
  2. *Solomon Thomas DE 6-3, 273 Stanford
  3. *Jamal Adams FS 6-0, 214 LSU
  4. Jonathan Allen DE 6-3, 286 Alabama (X)
  5. *Marshon Lattimore CB 6-0, 193 Ohio State
  6. *Len Fournette RB 6-0, 240 LSU (X)
  7. *Malik Hooker FS 6-1, 205 Ohio State (X)
  8. OJ Howard TE 6-6, 250 Alabama
  9. *Mitchell Trubisky QB 6-2, 222 North Carolina
  10. *Derek Barnett DE 6-3, 260 Tennessee (X)
  11. Reuben Foster LB 6-0, 229 Alabama (X/O)
  12. Haason Reddick OLB 6-2, 237 Temple
  13. *Pat Mahomes QB 6-2, 225 Texas Tech
  14. *Jabrill Peppers SS 5-11, 213 Michigan (LB/RB)
  15. *Christian McCaffrey RB 5-11, 202 Stanford
  16. *Gareon Conley CB 6-0, 195 Ohio State
  17. *Deshaun Watson QB 6-3, 210 Clemson
  18. *Dalvin Cook RB 5-11, 210 Florida State (O)
  19. Corey Davis WR 6-3, 210 Western Michigan (X)
  20. *David Njoku TE 6-4, 245 Miami
  21. *Ryan Ramczyk OT 6-6, 310 Wisconsin (X)
  22. *John Ross WR 5-11, 188 Washington (X)

How likely is that Hokie?

Obviously it depends on who's left there, but the spot where they're fielding offers is near the top and it's not far after that for them to actively shop the pick.

Agree that Thomas is gone and Davis will probably be there. The issue I have is that I would assume McDermott would want defense more than a #2 WR or #2 TE. So maybe Leroi has the scout's opinion but it will go down differently.

GBN Big Board

• *Myles Garrett DE 6-4, 272 Texas A&M
  • *Solomon Thomas DE 6-3, 273 Stanford
  • *Jamal Adams FS 6-0, 214 LSU
  • Jonathan Allen DE 6-3, 286 Alabama (X)
  • *Marshon Lattimore CB 6-0, 193 Ohio State
  • *Len Fournette RB 6-0, 240 LSU (X)
  • *Malik Hooker FS 6-1, 205 Ohio State (X)
  • OJ Howard TE 6-6, 250 Alabama
  • *Mitchell Trubisky QB 6-2, 222 North Carolina
  • *Derek Barnett DE 6-3, 260 Tennessee (X)
  • Reuben Foster LB 6-0, 229 Alabama (X/O)
  • Haason Reddick OLB 6-2, 237 Temple
  • *Pat Mahomes QB 6-2, 225 Texas Tech
  • *Jabrill Peppers SS 5-11, 213 Michigan (LB/RB)
  • *Christian McCaffrey RB 5-11, 202 Stanford
  • *Gareon Conley CB 6-0, 195 Ohio State
  • *Deshaun Watson QB 6-3, 210 Clemson
  • *Dalvin Cook RB 5-11, 210 Florida State (O)
  • Corey Davis WR 6-3, 210 Western Michigan (X)
  • *David Njoku TE 6-4, 245 Miami
  • *Ryan Ramczyk OT 6-6, 310 Wisconsin (X)
  • *John Ross WR 5-11, 188 Washington (X)
I am not shocked that they are looking at a pass catcher. It is a really weak spot on the team. If they add Davis,with a healthy Sammy, and the guys from the offseason it has a chance to be a much better group in 2017. It has to be as it looks like RB will be worse and they are likely to throw more. The depth of the DBs makes it even more likely IMO. It would be hard (not impossible) to get a surefire WR2 in the 2nd. Zay Jones may be gone and after that I'm not sure there is a guy that you could count on day 1 to start. You can find DBs in the 2nd and even 3rd that will play a lot early. If they needed A WR vs. a #2 WR I would be surprised.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.