2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

To me, this is the same old draft cb, replace cb cycle. Depresses me.

Yes, I accepted what everyone was saying. I was explaining to the fella who was laughing at my post.

i don't ever have an issue with using up a CB's rookie deal and letting him leave if he wants huge money, and drafting his replacement. Especially with a new scheme coming in.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't ever have an issue with using up a CB's rookie deal and letting him leave if he wants huge money, and drafting his replacement. Especially with a new scheme coming in.

The new scheme, as I understood it, does not need shut down cornerbacks. It seems to me we are investing in a player whose skill set exceeds his value to our particular system. This is also a deep draft for cb by all accounts. If Leroi's board holds true, the pick will be wr Davis, I think, which is a reasonable choice, I suppose.

Edited by Dr. Who

The new scheme, as I understood it, does not need shut down cornerbacks. It seems to me we are investing in a player whose skill set exceeds his value to our particular system. This is also a deep draft for cb by all accounts. If Leroi's board holds true, the pick will be wr Davis, I think, which is a reasonable choice, I suppose.

his skill set is needed imo. At a rookie deal though, not what Gilmore is making. They should use the big contracts elsewhere in this scheme - DL.

Agreed. It's the prudent thing to do as long as there is a viable replacement. 13m for Gilmore just wouldn't have been worth it for us with how deep this class is at CB.

Adore the talent but the injury history is extensive and worrisome. Healthy, he's probably close to Davis as WR1.

Indeed, but I think we need a bigger body like Davis anyhow.

his skill set is needed imo. At a rookie deal though, not what Gilmore is making. They should use the big contracts elsewhere in this scheme - DL.

The Hamstring issue scares me. Generally they are followed by Achilles or lower leg injuries in the following years. I hope he can be healthy but that is a huge red flag for me.

Agreed. It's the prudent thing to do as long as there is a viable replacement. 13m for Gilmore just wouldn't have been worth it for us with how deep this class is at CB.

Indeed, but I think we need a bigger body like Davis anyhow.

we have Holmes. I don't care how big the WR is. If he can run routes, get open, and catch it doesn't matter. Ross was also really good in the red zone. He's a pick that reminds me of what many said about OBJ a few years ago (who was also injured at start of camp btw)

ok, our Top 5 on our board: In order

1. Solomon Thomas- DE Stanford

2. Corey Davis- WR W. Mich

3. Marshon Lattimore- CB OS

4. OJ Howard - TE Bama

5. John Ross- WR Wash

Imo

Interesting...no Hooker, Adams or Peppers

we have Holmes. I don't care how big the WR is. If he can run routes, get open, and catch it doesn't matter. Ross was also really good in the red zone. He's a pick that reminds me of what many said about OBJ a few years ago (who was also injured at start of camp btw)

Weird thing is, Ross fits the slot type way more than the boundary type. Using #10 on a primary slot WR would seem incredibly steep.

Ross can play outside but he would be a departure from the scheme preferences.

You're not wrong. I definitely was not down with OBJ as the pick and in hindsight I would have loved to sit at pick 9 and take him (although I don't know if Rexy would have been able to handle his personality very well - assuming the rest of our team's history remains unchanged). I watched Ross quite a few times being up here in Seattle and I do really love the talent. It is the injury history more than the height that scares me off a little at 10. Trade down a few spots and take him, a-ok with me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.