2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I haven't seen anyone that has these guys graded ahead of Wentz. He was a decent prospect IMO and still don't love him.

I have tried to be pretty clear as to what I desire. The Bills are getting decent QB production. It is in line with Miami, Baltimore, Cincy, KC and Minnesota. It isn't perfect. I have no interest in drafting a prospect that is maybe a 35% chance to ever get to that level. I am only interested in a prospect that is 50/50 to exceed it while at worst being in that group. The Bills have the luxury of being selective (like those other teams). If you see a guy that has a floor like that group and a ceiling like the elite guys go get him. I don't see it in this group and I don't think that I am alone. That standard doesn't mean you never draft a QB. There are probably 3 guys now in 2018 that check that box.

Well, I am talking to people who like Mahomes better than Wentz. Wentz's value was his "pro-style offense" at a Div 2 school. Again, backwards old boy thinking.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am talking to people who like Mahomes better than Wentz. Wentz's value was his "pro-style offense" at a Div 2 school. Again, backwards old boy thinking.

I agree with that completely. The pro style as a requirement is way overrated with the amount of snaps in the gun. It was over 60% last year.

I agree with that completely. The pro style as a requirement is way overrated with the amount of snaps in the gun. It was over 60% last year.

And to be clear I like Carson Wentz. But yes, taking snaps under center shouldn't be a top 5 consideration. I want accuracy, pocket presence, quick release.

It's not a bad QB class like 2013 but there just aren't any top 10 picks because none are ready to start right away. There won't be more than one of two teams imo willing to spend a 1st round kick on a player who won't contribute for at least a year. SF might because the coach and GM are obviously in rebuilding mode and have 6 year contracts. Still, could see them waiting past and seeing who shakes out on the 2nd or trading back up into bottom of 1st if needed. Don't think any are top 10 value, in this class especially.

If they think that there is a QB that can be a long term good starter, then they should take him at 10 regardless of whether he needs to learn for a year or even two. Of course, that is a gamble that the guy will actually "develop " into a starter where maybe some other player at another position is already good enough to start - so less risk. That is the trade off that they must evaluate

Well, you know I like that!

Ha ha, Mahomes absolutely checks that box!! If we played in the dome in New Orleans maybe it wouldn't matter as much. Playing in the AFC East it is important in November and December. That's why I am kind of surprised that Chad Pennington had a decent career with the Jets.

John, don't you get it yet?

Bills can only select a QB if they are 6'4'', 240 lbs. The QB must be a great leader and very interesting while having no actual opinions on anything outside football. They must never throw a bad pass and throw with grace and perfect mechanics as measured by Greg Cossell and they must meet the data requirements of Irishman Fahey.

They should be mobile but a pocket QB. They must have a great football brand well established before coming to the NFL.

Only an obvious generational prospect that could change the football universe should be drafted by our Buffalo Bills. And they will be an obvious top overall pick but the year they come out the team with the pick will say, "Hey, let's not be greedy. It's Buffalo's turn. Here you go, take our player."

Let's wait for another generation to pass by for the pick of the litter that still doesn't come.

Russell Wilson didn't possess a prototypical size. So let's pass. Derek Carr's brother miserably failed. So his bloodlines must be contaminated. Let's pass. Why draft Prescott when we can draft a mountain man from Ohio State who can throw a football through a brick wall and has the touch of a bricklayer. Let's pass. Why hurry to select Cousins in the fourth round when we can move up and get a track receiver who was great in track in college but was unimpressive on the football field. Let's pass.

If you can't learn through your more than generation of experience that dithering is not winning approach then you are an irredeemable dope.

It seems like everyone ignores that we drafted a project QB last year, and pretty much everyone here thinks that Cardale Jones is garbage already. Hmm interesting how a QB is viewed after one game and a season of crappy coaching. So after he won the Championship, people were clamoring that he could be the top pick in the draft. He went back and we learned more about him and he dropped to the 4th round. Does anyone really know QBs as well as they think they do? A big fat NO!! And, guys like Trubisky with only 1 year of starting and limited info has not been fully vetted either. Don't get me wrong I think you have to take your shots on guys in hopes of landing one. However, acting like a draft, with QBs that the best eyes in the world think have lots of warts, and not taking him at #10 doesn't mean you are a dumb organization. It doesn't mean that the GM and the team are fools. It means they don't think they are worth it, and you know what it's ok. Get a quality football player who can help you for the next 10 years or trade down if the value doesn't match. And, if you don't love a QB at 10, then wait until you have a chance later on in the draft.

Edited by horned dogs

It seems like everyone ignores that we drafted a project QB last year, and pretty much everyone here thinks that Cardale Jones is garbage already. Hmm interesting how a QB is viewed after one game and a season of crappy coaching. So after he won the Championship, people were clamoring that he could be the top pick in the draft. He went back and we learned more about him and he dropped to the 4th round. Does anyone really know QBs as well as they think they do? A big fat NO!! And, guys like Trubisky with only 1 year of starting and limited info has not been fully vetted either. Don't get me wrong I think you have to take your shots on guys in hopes of landing one. However, acting like a draft, with QBs that the best eyes in the world think have lots of warts, and not taking him at #10 doesn't mean you are a dumb organization. It doesn't mean that the GM and the team are fools. It means they don't think they are worth it, and you know what it's ok. Get a quality football player who can help you for the next 10 years or trade down if the value doesn't match. And, if you don't love a QB at 10, then wait until you have a chance later on in the draft.

We're in agreement here. The issue many of us have is that the Bills assessment of value on QB's has been wrong year after year.

The pro style thing reminds of baseball scouts saying the guy has the good face. LOL

haha just saw this from Pete Prisco

@priscoCBS

Wonder how the scouting is going on the face test for this years prospects? Laugh all you want, its real.

EJ = 1st round

Glennon = 4th round

It's sad that this is such a factor in 2017. The way you hear some of these talking heads discuss QB's it's still 1985 and every team has a fullback.

IMO, a QB who has only taken snaps from the shotgun, can learn to take snaps under center in a couple of practices. Don't forget that these guys probably took snaps under center for 4 years in H.S..

haha just saw this from Pete Prisco

@priscoCBS

Wonder how the scouting is going on the face test for this years prospects? Laugh all you want, its real.

EJ = 1st round

Glennon = 4th round

Thanks. Nothing better than the scene with the scouts and Brad Pitt at the beginning of Moneyball!

"Fabio. Who's he? I think he plays shortstop!"

Edited by horned dogs

IMO, a QB who has only taken snaps from the shotgun, can learn to take snaps under center in a couple of practices. Don't forget that these guys probably took snaps under center for 4 years in H.S..

Actually there's more shotgun and spread formations than ever in high school. A lot of the guys coming out in the past few years have never taken snaps from under center. And it's not the actual taking the snap that's the learning curve, it's the footwork in their drops.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.