Vote: Which Teams Had The Best Draft On Paper?

Best 2016 Draft Team  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Had the Best Draft Picks in 201? (on paper)

• Buffalo Bills
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Jacksonville jaguars
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Chicago Bears
    • Detroit Lions
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • SF 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

The 2016 NFL Draft is over. As we all know "You cant measure a draft until 2-3 years later" but, on paper which teams do you think had the best draft based on how many players are day 1 contributors, and how many players can develop into NFL Stars, starters, and Pro Bowlers. If there is a team you think I left out feel free to add it to the poll. You can view team specific draft boards at this link

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/live

Simply scroll down to "Draft Tracker" section and click the drop down "team" icon, there you can select which team to scope their draft picks.

Go Bills! The homer in me wants to say we had the best draft but Ill go on record and say the Titans had a really good draft for their team, they got enough valuable players and day 1 contributors to make Ozzie from Baltimore jealous.

I think we had our best draft in two decades, but I think the Jags had the best draft class this year.

Some schmuck writer for the USA Today gave the Bills a "C". I don't know what draft she was watching, because almost every other outlet I've seen has given the Bills a " B+" or higher.

Just my opinion but I thought the Packers had an exceptional weekend. Worst player they picked up is probably a swing tackle for them.

49ers also had a really good draft, picked up a few impressive UDFA's as well. I know that giving Chip a lot of crap is the done thing but can't fault his first go round in SF.

Jax and Cleveland both had great drafts. Voted Jax. Getting Ramsey and Jack out of one draft is ridiculous. Cleveland's haul of 14 players this draft (incl Dolphins CB Jamar Taylor) plus a 1st and 2nd in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018 is crazy too.

Edited by BarleyNY

I picked the Bills. They slightly edge out Jacksonville for putting together the smartest, well thought out draft from Pick #1 to the UDFAs.

I'm with many others here - this was one of the franchise's better drafts.

The 2016 NFL Draft is over. As we all know "You cant measure a draft until 2-3 years later" but, on paper which teams do you think had the best draft based on how many players are day 1 contributors, and how many players can develop into NFL Stars, starters, and Pro Bowlers. If there is a team you think I left out feel free to add it to the poll. You can view team specific draft boards at this link

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/live

Simply scroll down to "Draft Tracker" section and click the drop down "team" icon, there you can select which team to scope their draft picks.

Go Bills! The homer in me wants to say we had the best draft but Ill go on record and say the Titans had a really good draft for their team, they got enough valuable players and day 1 contributors to make Ozzie from Baltimore jealous.

McFly, I think you're a good guy and make interesting posts, so I hope you don't take it personally that I tell you this kind of stuff gives me the willies. I keep flashing back to the year we signed Mario and folks kept extolling our D and saying we had the best DL in the league, on paper. Football games played on grass on Sunday and until then..."Gentlemen, Hush" - Owen Wister, the Virginian

I think we had our best draft in two decades, but I think the Jags had the best draft class this year.

Some schmuck writer for the USA Today gave the Bills a "C". I don't know what draft she was watching, because almost every other outlet I've seen has given the Bills a " B+" or higher.

I posted this in another thread, Prosco at CBS gave the Bills a C. This after rating the individual picks 3 B, 3 B- and 1 C-. The C- was Seymour, who was essentially a 7th rounder.

Just my opinion but I thought the Packers had an exceptional weekend. Worst player they picked up is probably a swing tackle for them.

49ers also had a really good draft, picked up a few impressive UDFA's as well. I know that giving Chip a lot of crap is the done thing but can't fault his first go round in SF.

I've just been and looked at the Packers class - wow they did a really nice job. Not in a position to comment on the 49ers because there are a lot of guys in their group I know nothing about. I didn't like the price they paid to move up for a guard at the end of the first though.

You guys are a bunch of homers. The Jags got the 2 best players in the entire draft plus Sheldon Day, who had a 2nd round grade, in the 4th. They are about to "steal the show"

I think the Jags will start slow as they will have a lot of new pieces trying to fit in to the system this year, but I expect them to come home like a train down the stretch. I really wanted the Bills to play them early. Think they will be much tougher late. I can see them being around 9-7 winning 7 of the last 9 or something like that.

I am a huge fan of the Jags offseason in general, adding arguably 2 top 5 players in this draft is a cherry. Their offense showed signs of breakthrough towards the end of last year and Ivory answers a big need for them in short yardage. They are adding Fowler - Malik Jackson - Ramsey - Jack, all of which could (should) be impact players this season.

You guys are a bunch of homers. The Jags got the 2 best players in the entire draft plus Sheldon Day, who had a 2nd round grade, in the 4th. They are about to "steal the show"

All the best for W. Seneca's own, Dave Caldwell. It looks like he knows what he is doing.

I voted for the Jags. They got arguably the 2 best players in the draft. They added some other quality players later. There are no excuses for Gus Bradley this year.

And where is Caldwell from? That's right boys he was a Red Raider! Go Frannies. Can you guess where I went to high school along with my brother and every cousin and nephew in my family? Now if San Diego could do the same next year ( yes he's a Franny graduate as well as Polian's kid).

I do think we had a great draft, but these ratings are just for fun as no one knows for a long time.

Go Bills!