Eric Striker

I don't think he'll be a linebacker in the NFL I see him as a hybrid safety. Another poster mention Bryan Scott - that's an excellent comparison.

I could certainly be wrong and they see him as a backup for Hughes' position - with added weight as you suggest.

He's definitely an interesting player and someone I'll be watching for sure.

Agreed, he may not have great straight line speed, but he looks like an instinctive playmaker

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't teach what this kid has, but you can't coach what he doesn't have, either, chiefly the speed to be a DB or the size to be an LB. Very impressive off the ball. I wonder what his 10 yard split is.

GO BILLS!!!

Can't teach what this kid has, but you can't coach what he doesn't have, either, chiefly the speed to be a DB or the size to be an LB. Very impressive off the ball. I wonder what his 10 yard split is.

GO BILLS!!!

Not great--his fastest 10s was 1.69. For comparison, Shaq's was 1.64

Not great--his fastest 10s was 1.69. For comparison, Shaq's was 1.64

I'm actually surprised by that time for Striker. He appears much quicker off the snap. He might be one of those guys who has better football speed than track speed. Been a ton of great players who can say the same.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think he'll be a linebacker in the NFL I see him as a hybrid safety. Another poster mention Bryan Scott - that's an excellent comparison.

I could certainly be wrong and they see him as a backup for Hughes' position - with added weight as you suggest.

He's definitely an interesting player and someone I'll be watching for sure.

Not sure how much weight he puts on, but some just for durability. But his burst is stupid. this little guy getting under and around tackles !

Hybrid? agree. Bryan Scott is the Mike ?

not so much.

This kid is explosive and relentless.

he will make the team

“If you draft me, I’m going to bring a shot of adrenaline to your defense — a shot of energy,” Striker wrote in a pre-draft article for The Players’ Tribune. “I’m a high-motor guy on the field and a high-energy guy in the huddle, in the weight room and on the practice field. There are some things you can’t teach. You can’t teach heart. You can’t teach hustle. You can’t teach having a relentless motor that never, ever quits.”

http://m.newsok.com/article/5495260

:thumbsup:

Not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound pleasant.

I usually have to do a bend and explode after I eat mighty taco. Not sure if that's what he means but this guy is going to be good

Bills undrafted LB Striker receives award

Bills undrafted rookie LB Erik Striker was formally presented with the Otis Sullivant award on the Oklahoma University campus Monday.

Named the award’s 15th recipient last month, Striker was the first student to ever receive it according to the OU Daily. The Sooners pass rusher was given the award based on his leadership during the Sigma Alpha Epsilon incident in March 2015. Striker spearheaded discussions on diversity and helped to open dialogue between student leaders and SAE Chapter Officers and the Oklahoma University President.

I'm actually surprised by that time for Striker. He appears much quicker off the snap. He might be one of those guys who has better football speed than track speed. Been a ton of great players who can say the same.

GO BILLS!!!

Thats what I see from him, especially his play speed when tracking, IMO its noticeably faster than his timed speed.

Edit: Would rather have him coming off the edge than IK.

Edited by P51

Seems like a great kid.... but 227 lbs and a 4.8 forty aren't a winning combination.

Maybe a pro training regimen can make him bigger, faster.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/video-oklahoma-lb-goes-nsfw-rant-beating-tennessee/

...................Great kid with some maturity issues?

Thats what I see from him, especially his play speed when tracking, IMO its noticeably faster than his timed speed.

Edit: Would rather have him coming off the edge than IK.

agree with both comments.

His anticipation when chasing his targets change of direction stand out to me.