RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Schaub isn't a bad back up.

Flacco got hurt in like week 10 or so when their season was already over.

And got hurt himself. TT made like $850k/yr:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/matt-schaub-likely-to-make-3-million-for-two-games-with-ravens/

So Schaub is likely to finish this season having played two games, thrown three touchdown passes and four interceptions, and collected $3 million. Nice work if you can get it.

At the time that the Ravens signed Schaub, of course, they thought they’d be a playoff team and hoped that if Joe Flacco got hurt, Schaub would be able to keep the team afloat in Flacco’s absence. As it turned out, the Ravens were already out of contention when Flacco got hurt, and Schaub didn’t play well in relief of Flacco before getting hurt himself.

Anyone else think the pick would've been Dak Prescott if Dallas hadn't snatched him a few picks earlier?

I have thought about that myself. Frankly we will never know but it wouldn't amaze me if they had Prescott graded higher. I did.

EDIT: as for arm, Cardale has a bigger arm, but Prescott has plenty enough arm to get it done.

Edited by GunnerBill

I have thought about that myself. Frankly we will never know but it wouldn't amaze me if they had Prescott graded higher. I did.

EDIT: as for arm, Cardale has a bigger arm, but Prescott has plenty enough arm to get it done.

It easily could have been Prescott given his arm talent and ability to run. He would definitely fit in Roman's offense.

I have not read the 17 pages of posts . . . but . . . as a guy who actively dislikes OSU, I have to say that I like this pick.

I listened to Cardale's interview this morning on WGR. Cardale seems like he is intelligent and engaging. He also is really excited about being in Buffalo.

We know the kids has some skills. I think that Cardale is going to do all he can do with David Lee and Roman to reach his potential. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Arm strength is not an issue for Prescott. I think you're confusing him with someone else, maybe Sudfeld?

I'm going strictly off the tebow comparisons everyone used to say and his play 2 years ago. I did not see much of him this season.

He looked a little tight and limited then, He must have had a better senior season.

His delivery looked odd as a junior jmo. If I had to pick I'd take Cardale, so much upside.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I would much rather have Connor Cook, but Cardale is a good choice. A guy like Hogan, would have really disappointed me, because I prefer a high ceiling QB prospect, if the guy isn't a top pick.

I wonder what Tyrod is thinking these days.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I would much rather have Connor Cook, but Cardale is a good choice. A guy like Hogan, would have really disappointed me, because I prefer a high ceiling QB prospect, if the guy isn't a top pick.

Not about Jones. Tyrod's not looking over his shoulder.

"Dang!...3 brothas at QB??... "Now I just know Roman gonna call me Cardale at least once a day..."

Not about Jones. Tyrod's not looking over his shoulder.

Yes i think that was said nearly fifty times by Whaley and or Rex. Well played politically, and that is rather important for me.

How do you know?

He doesn't "know" of course...he's just drawing the most logical conclusion. Whaley said at least a half dozen times that Jones is not ready to be a starting NFL QB.

Totally worth the late 4th round pick. Bills need to draft a QB every year, even when they get one.

In the fourth?

Heck yes. I agree one hundred percent. He succeeds you raffle him off. Lets see what happens to Glennon down the road. and the RG3 / Cousins experiment was odd at the time, but looks pretty smart.

He doesn't "know" of course...he's just drawing the most logical conclusion. Whaley said at least a half dozen times that Jones is not ready to be a starting NFL QB.

and he said 50 times Tyrod IS the starter going into next season.

EJM needs to look over his shoulder haha!

I actually liked Dak Prescott....and honestly I do not know if the bills would have taken him

I do know this....sometimes its the picks you DONT make.....or the trades you DONT make....that end up making you look like a very smart GM.

C. Jones.....he was the perfect pick for a 4th round compensitory pick......there will be no pressure to get him on the field......we have a established starter.....we have EJ Manuel...and whether you love him or hate him his stats as a backup QB compare favorably all other backups in the NFL.

C. Jones is that pick that you lock in a box saying "do not open until 2017".....and I love that they did that.

I don't think Tyrod has any concern about this Jones taking over as starter this season, but he has to be aware that if Jones shows promise it could affect his contract, and even his future with the team. But then again, you guys know everything!

I don't think Tyrod has any concern about this Jones taking over as starter this season, but he has to be aware that if Jones shows promise it could affect his contract, and even his future with the team. But then again, you guys know everything!

Taylor, from everything he's said and shown, is smart enough to know the only thing you can control as a player is your own game. He knows that he needs to play well this year to get a long term deal here, he knows he needs to get this team to the playoffs to cement his spot. There's not enough time in the day for him to worry about all that and the "what if" scenario about Jones developing. There will always be a shiny new QB waiting in the wings... Tyrod knows this because he was one just last year.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Well if it is a motivator , so be it.

I am sure he is well aware of who they drafted. All part of the game though , don't you agree ?

Maybe i mistook you were thinking he was worried about THIS season.

and thanks for noticing ! I do know everything.

Because i make it up and then believe me. :w00t:

It takes forever for EJ to look over his shoulder. Slow eyes.

:lol:

:lol: Not about the guy two spots behind him on the depth chart he's not.

I merely asked "I wonder what Tyrod is thinking?", a pretty broad question.

It was you that decided that meant I thought he was worried about Cardale replacing him this season. I just wondered what he might be thinking, it could be "I like Cardale as a backup", or "This makes the team stronger" or "I hope EJ stays" or just about anything.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I merely asked "I wonder what Tyrod is thinking?", a pretty broad question.

It was you that decided that meant he was worried about Cardale replacing him this season. I just wondered what he might be thinking, it could be "I like Cardale as a backup", or "This makes the team stronger" or "I hope EJ stays" or just about anything.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It wasn't me that decided that's what you meant. Your intent was quite clear. Don't try to back away from it now.

That is messed up. What is wrong with people calling him like that and hanging up?

The Jaramey Tunsil crap too. Which is much worse.

I don't get it. some folks got a mean streak or mental issues. Damn shame. Should be happiest day of a kids life.

Guess it turned out well enough per the video though !

That is messed up. What is wrong with people calling him like that and hanging up?

The Jaramey Tunsil crap too. Which is much worse.

I don't get it. some folks got a mean streak or mental issues. Damn shame. Should be happiest day of a kids life.

Guess it turned out well enough per the video though !

I think it's our celebrity culture. Too many wannabes who will do anything, literally anything to be part of the story.