RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ESPN after the pick Wingo said, and I quote (replayed like 5 times to make sure I heard it right) "Just to explain, Louis, just how raw this guy is, it wasn't until after he finished his career at Ohio State that he started to realize 'Oh, you're supposed to throw the football by holding the Laces!' I mean he never, he just caught it and however it was just threw it"

WTF. There's absolutely no way that can be true.

not true. he preferred to throw without laces. urban was floored. Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you think a guy who won the Big 10 championship game, a playoff game against Alabama and the BCS National Championship is more raw than a guy who played two seasons of 1-AA ball?

You're twisting my words. 1AA ball?? Where does that come from? take a step back for a minute and look at the big picture. A franchise with a terrible track record of drafting and developing QB talent just picked the biggest wild card player in the draf at that very position. I'm not trying to tamper everyone's excitement but it's hard to get behind this pick.

You talking about EJ?

I'm talking about every QB they look at. It's absurd to think they don't do a large scale evaluation of each QB prospect, but unless this is a franchise QB right out of the gate, physical ability is a huge factor, this is football ya know, a game dominated by extraordinarily athletic people.

i will never forgive Marrone for going into the season in 2013 with nothing more than 2 rookies at QB, one of them a UDFA. This wouldn't be as bad as that, but it would make no sense to cut EJ this year.

Especially as they'll be paying him/taking the cap hit whether he's on the roster or not

George Whitfield got him to change in pre draft process

Who is this Whitfield guy and can we send our backup QB to live with him all off-season?

You're twisting my words. 1AA ball?? Where does that come from? take a step back for a minute and look at the big picture. A franchise with a terrible track record of drafting and developing QB talent just picked the biggest wild card player in the draf at that very position. I'm not trying to tamper everyone's excitement but it's hard to get behind this pick.

I was referring to Carson Wentz. Were you not aware that he did not play division 1 football? Edited by mannc

from a golf buddy of mine who is an OSU alum and knows every facet of OSU football:

"He's huge, cannon arm, surprisingly athletic. He's pretty bright. The rap on him was that he was goofy and wasn't always serious enough. I've seen interviews that suggest that it's going to be real now. I like him; I hope he makes it big."

from a golf buddy of mine who is an OSU alum and knows every facet of OSU football:

"He's huge, cannon arm, surprisingly athletic. He's pretty bright. The rap on him was that he was goofy and wasn't always serious enough. I've seen interviews that suggest that it's going to be real now. I like him; I hope he makes it big."

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS,"

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS,"

Old tweet -- what ever happened after that? Was it said in jest? And even if he was serious, what's the big deal? Pretty sure a lot of major college football stars have similar thoughts...

We put way too much stock into what 19-year-olds are saying.

Old tweet -- what ever happened after that? Was it said in jest? And even if he was serious, what's the big deal? Pretty sure a lot of major college football stars have similar thoughts...

We put way too much stock into what 19-year-olds are saying.

yep - old tweet, probably goofing off. I'll take the insight of someone I know who has followed him and watched him play at OSU.