If BPA....Derrick Henry

Virgil

If he's there with our 2nd pick and we are going BPA, how would you feel about it.

My first thought is, we have Shady and Karlos. With injuries and how last year played out, I think Henry would see the field quite a bit and make an impact.

This is pure conjecture and nothing will come of it. I'm just interested in where he will land considering the impact he had for one of the nation's best.

The Bills won't Draft Henry...They are a VERY strong three deep at RB...Their 3rd string RB averaged 5.4 YPC on 53 attempts...

I'm curious to see if Henry lasts till #62...I know the Panthers like him...It's a need in Carolina...Especially considering Stewart's injury history...And that Offense would be like the redwood forest at the skill positions...6-5 Newton, 6-5 Benjamin, 6-5 Olsen, 6-4 Funchess...Add Henry to that...Goodness... B-)

Not only does he lack speed and quickness but I doubt his power game will translate to the NFL as well. It's a lot easier to bowl over or run through arm tackles of NCAA kids than it is to do that same thing to NFL men. If you watched a lot of Alabama games you would see that much of his yardage came from gaining the edge and taking it down the sideline for 10-20 yards. That isn't happening in the NFL for him. Average NFL back at best IMO, but I think he is a short yardage guy when all is said and done. No thanks.

Edited by Mark80

The single biggest fallacy of the "BPA" arguments is the likelihood that any front office follows this approach without any regard to the players on their roster. Are teams with a sure #1 quarterback really going to evaluate the likes of a Paxton Lynch in a void? Are the Broncos going to stand pat with their dismal QB situation and pick a DT if they have him a point or two higher than Lynch? The simple point that the Bills have a superstar RB in McCoy, a stud second year player in Williams and a 3rd stringer that looked like a hell of a RB with his 50+ carries last year should tell anyone that Derrick Henry is not on the list for round 2. Heck, I'll go out on a limb and say that he's not on the list for round 3. Unless a guy falls so dramatically, such that he's hands down ahead of everyone else on the board, it's BPA qualified as BPA for position of need.

The single biggest fallacy of the "BPA" arguments is the likelihood that any front office follows this approach without any regard to the players on their roster. Are teams with a sure #1 quarterback really going to evaluate the likes of a Paxton Lynch in a void? Are the Broncos going to stand pat with their dismal QB situation and pick a DT if they have him a point or two higher than Lynch? The simple point that the Bills have a superstar RB in McCoy, a stud second year player in Williams and a 3rd stringer that looked like a hell of a RB with his 50+ carries last year should tell anyone that Derrick Henry is not on the list for round 2. Heck, I'll go out on a limb and say that he's not on the list for round 3. Unless a guy falls so dramatically, such that he's hands down ahead of everyone else on the board, it's BPA qualified as BPA for position of need.

Elway does the BPA thing at times, he took Shane Ray when he had two pro bowl edge guys. He also took Roby while having two pro bowl corners. He was painted into a corner with the QB situation so the Lynch thing makes total sense. I'd have to dig further to find some other examples of the BPA approach being used. I'm sure it's not a philosophy teams have set in stone but it's a good mind set to at least consider.