RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

@StepnerWKBW

Update: Source tells me after today's surgery Shaq Lawson "should only miss about 4-5 regular season games." #Bills

so he will be back vs Rams in LA or Niners at home

I'm finding it difficult to trust any "source" these days. I've already counted Lawson out for the first 1/4 of the season.

it might be his agent who is the source. Rapaport tweeted same time frame this morning.

Meaning what? That you get a mulligan for the first year whenever anything changes?

So, hypothetically, if Whaley and/or Rex gets fired in 2016 that it's not possible to win in 2017 (because it's only year 1) and everyone has to wait until 2018?

2000 Bill Belichick 5-11

That isn't to say Rex Ryan will have the success of Bill Belichick, but I am sure Kraft is glad he didn't say "no success? Get the :censored: out"

...and the OTA's

...and all of training camp

...and all 4 preseason games.

Then they can throw him in to games that mean something, and hope he doesn't make any mistakes that may cost the team a game due to missing what I stated above.

he will still be involved in a lot of OTAs and TC. Everything but the contact. Edited by YoloinOhio

he will still be involved in a lot of OTAs and TC. Everything but the contact.

So watching film and studying his playbook will have him ready to go when medically cleared? You are really underestimating the value of practicing with pads, and preseason games.

So watching film and studying his playbook will have him ready to go when medically cleared? You are really underestimating the value of practicing with pads, and preseason games.

I think the idea is while it isn't optimal for him to miss contact drills and practice and even preseason games, he won't be at home in a different state all that time. He will be here working with his teammates. Worse then full participation? Yes. Better than no participation? Yes.

I think the idea is while it isn't optimal for him to miss contact drills and practice and even preseason games, he won't be at home in a different state all that time. He will be here working with his teammates. Worse then full participation? Yes. Better than no participation? Yes.

Okie dokie.

All this for a team that's been in win-now mode since 2014 without, of course, actually winning.

Winning is overrated. it's the experiemce man. from The lighting tables on fire then crashing through them.

To the great Buf state cheerleaders in the lots at times.

Ask any of the approximently 55K season ticket holders. I am one of the them. The only loss that

Really pizzes me off every year is the pats*** Kind of like the fish did a few decades ago. Did the Bills

Win then? Nut up And live with it. If not for that run in the 90's Winning has always been a tough ticket for

Bills fans. Let the good times roll!

Winning is for losers!

Edited by Best Player Available

Preseason games are valuable for the following:

-- evaluation of players who will fill out the bottom of the roster

That's it. I used to buy into the "build chemistry" nonsense but I've seen far too many teams who look exactly the opposite of what they appear in preseason to believe this any more. You give your key players just enough live reps so their bodies get used to it again, and then pray they don't get hurt.

i didn't underestimate anything. I realize the value of those things. It would better if he didn't miss anything, obviously. I was indicating he will be able to be involved in a lot. And, he will be medically cleared to practice before he plays in the games. Edited by YoloinOhio

Winning is overrated. it's the experiemce man. from The lighting tables on fire then crashing through them.

To the great Buf state cheerleaders in the lots at times.

Ask any of the approximently 55K season ticket holders. I am one of the them. The only loss that

Really pizzes me off every year is the pats*** Kind of like the fish did a few decades ago. Did the Bills

Win then? Nut up And live with it. If not for that run in the 90's Winning has always been a tough ticket for

Bills fans. Let the good times roll!

Winning is for losers!

Now I know why Deadspin has a video from the Bills parking lots every week.

The reality is that if he misses all preseason and 4-5 regular season games, I doubt there will be much production out of him. It's really a red shirt year. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie missing all that time to be productive when he plays at this level. We could wish all we want, but let's be realistic. The Bills either duped us or they were duped.

The reality is that if he misses all preseason and 4-5 regular season games, I doubt there will be much production out of him. It's really a red shirt year. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie missing all that time to be productive when he plays at this level. We could wish all we want, but let's be realistic. The Bills either duped us or they were duped.

Here we go again!

Odell Beckham missed the first four games of his rookie year. Who's to say Lawson can't have a similar rookie season as him?

odell becham missed training camp preseason and the first 4 games...hot take alert

Odell Beckham missed the first four games of his rookie year. Who's to say Lawson can't have a similar rookie season as him?

ha we are on the same page!

Bennett came in 'mid year' his rookie season and looked pretty damn good.

Here's to Shaq getting healthy and having a long and very productive career.

That game is indelibly etched in my mind. Bennett's first snap and Elway running for his life and then calling timeout two snaps later because nobody could stop Biscuit. He played like he was shot out of a cannon.

As for Lawson, I'd be happy if he could just get in and get his feet wet. I have no expectations he will come close to doing what Bennett did. Sure would be nice, though, wouldn't it?

GO BILLS!!!

That game is indelibly etched in my mind. Bennett's first snap and Elway running for his life and then calling timeout two snaps later because nobody could stop Biscuit. He played like he was shot out of a cannon.

As for Lawson, I'd be happy if he could just get in and get his feet wet. I have no expectations he will come close to doing what Bennett did. Sure would be nice, though, wouldn't it?

GO BILLS!!!

Shaq will be a good player for the Bills I believe, but an immediate game changing impact player like Bennett I don't think anyone is expecting.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz