Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to WFAN this morning and they were still verklempt over the Bills game, calling it a loss to a team of backups with nothing to play for and a "below average at best" QB. The statement on Taylor was a little surprising.

Rex Ryan ruined their playoffs. It was a huge stomach punch. Not only that he beat them twice.

I don't know how they afford Fitz even at a cap hit of $12 M. Even of they balance some of that with a signing bonus, I don't see it less than $8 M and they have $3.1 now.

With the guaranteed money they have, they either restructure Wilkerson to almost no salary this year and just a signing bonus or you cut your starting center, RT or Decker.

I was listening to WFAN this morning and they were still verklempt over the Bills game, calling it a loss to a team of backups with nothing to play for and a "below average at best" QB. The statement on Taylor was a little surprising.

Boomer and Carton are youge Jests fans. Carton thinks Tebow is the most handsome man he's ever met, and Boomer gets enraged whenever anyone calls him Norman. That's all you need to know about those two.

I don't know how they afford Fitz even at a cap hit of $12 M. Even of they balance some of that with a signing bonus, I don't see it less than $8 M and they have $3.1 now.

With the guaranteed money they have, they either restructure Wilkerson to almost no salary this year and just a signing bonus or you cut your starting center, RT or Decker.

They can't afford him at a cap hit of $12M. Probably not even $8M. Not without cutting players and restructuring some of the older ones, which they wouldn't be wise to do. Or they could extend Wilkerson, but they don't want to make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Boomer and Carton are youge Jests fans. Carton thinks Tebow is the most handsome man he's ever met, and Boomer gets enraged whenever anyone calls him Norman. That's all you need to know about those two.

i agree, they are awful! This was actually Joe and Evan.

They can't afford him at a cap hit of $12M. Probably not even $8M. Not without cutting players and restructuring some of the older ones, which they wouldn't be wise to do. Or they could extend Wilkerson, but they don't want to make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Yeah, they either let Fitz walk or cut the people who let him function. Or pay Wilkerson Suh type money.

i agree, they are awful! This was actually Joe and Evan.

If there's anything that makes me feel even worse after a bad Mets loss, it's listening to a few minutes of Joe and Evan the next day.

:beer::beer:

Woo-hoo! :thumbsup:

At this point Fitz can basically double his career earnings over the next 3 years if he plays well enough to start and maintains that level of play. It's time to sign or quit wasting the Jests time IMO. Or do keep wasting their time then sign and suck against the Bills for the next 3 years while maintaining just enough to get paid and remain the starter. That'll work.

Internal strife in June. Niceeee

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/6/1/11834056/jets-brandon-marshall-eric-decker-otas-ryan-Fitzpatrick

"Who knows what those guys were thinking?" one of their teammates said, requesting anonymity. "It was a voluntary workout, so it probably should be left at that. A lot of us want a lot of different things on this team, but the bottom line is players play and coaches coach and management manages. The less we hear from either one of those two (Decker and Marshall), the better."

Sour grapes

Silly Jets. Posturing like they have any other option but to resign Fitz. He played well for them last season, he gives them a chance. That is more than anyone can say for Geno, Petty, and Hack. Fitz played with torn ligaments in his thumb and had surgery mid season all the while he had a great statistical year. If he didn't get hurt on the first drive in Oakland maybe they don't mail that game in and they end up in the playoffs. I hope they mess this up and let Fitz walk that will make those two games a bit easier.