Zach Brown currently the team's starting weakside LB

Ok, so from his stats he looked to have a great start in the league his rookie and 2nd season. Looks like an injury in the third season and then this last year he was below average from his first two seasons.

Yeah. From what I hear, it's a similar story to Bradham: Nice start before the injury. After the injury he was moved from 3-4 WLB to 4-3 WLB. Now he's effectively being moved back. Hopefully one of two things happens:

A) It becomes a "square peg, square hole" scenario or

B) The Bills draft a promising LB who they eventually get to start.

Yeah. From what I hear, it's a similar story to Bradham: Nice start before the injury. After the injury he was moved from 3-4 WLB to 4-3 WLB. Now he's effectively being moved back. Hopefully one of two things happens:

a and b

Zach gives the team the opportunity to not chase an athletic type around the board. As a worst case scenario, he'll do for a year. Solid starter but his book is pretty much written at this point.

If someone falls into our lap that's an upgrade, beautiful. Zach can be a good backup and has the athletic profile for ST. If not, take a shot later on a guy to groom behind him.

Got to admit, I actually love the signing. As a converted Bills pessimist, it's difficult to accept. :lol:

A fall back option but I suspect that in rounds 3 or 4 a depth MLB gets brought in to compete with Brown. For one even if they feel confident with Brown there is zero depth at that position, and two I would think that their confidence in Brown is more so as a stop gap, so they will likely want someone they draft to come in and take his job, even if it's more so a mid round player.